Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What is Trump Derangement Syndrome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Yes, it's a shame for me, and you naive and or complicit Trumpsters are an embarrassment to your country..
    (Edited to Update your Edit)

Okay, so, let's get a few things out of the way, princess...

1) I'm not a Trumpster. I want that Cheeto-Caked half-wit gone as much as you do. Difference is, I've not gone the, "Any Port in a Storm," approach unlike your worthless backside.
    2) I'm not American. Maybe you're illiterate or inebriated, but my location listed on my posts is Canada. You know, that thing north of your neck of the woods, assuming you're even a resident of the US of A.
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_...ement_syndrome

Trump derangement syndrome (TDS) is a term for criticism or negative reactions to United States President Donald Trump that are perceived to be irrational, and have little regard towards Trump's actual policy positions, or actions undertaken by his administration. The term has mainly been used by Trump supporters to discredit criticism of his actions, as a way of reframing the discussion by suggesting that his opponents are incapable of accurately perceiving the world. Journalists have used the term to call for restraint when judging Trump's statements and actions.
      The wilipedia articele appears to writen by the Trump reelction commitee.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_...ement_syndrome

Trump derangement syndrome (TDS) is a term for criticism or negative reactions to United States President Donald Trump that are perceived to be irrational, and have little regard towards Trump's actual policy positions, or actions undertaken by his administration. The term has mainly been used by Trump supporters to discredit criticism of his actions, as a way of reframing the discussion by suggesting that his opponents are incapable of accurately perceiving the world. Journalists have used the term to call for restraint when judging Trump's statements and actions.
        The wilipedia articele appears to writen by the Trump Reelction Commitee.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
          (Edited to Update your Edit)

Okay, so, let's get a few things out of the way, princess...

1) I'm not a Trumpster. I want that Cheeto-Caked half-wit gone as much as you do.
          Well good on you, glad to hear it. Not sure why I assumed it, but I apologize for making the wrong assumption.

Difference is, I've not gone the, "Any Port in a Storm," approach unlike your worthless backside.
          You'll have to explain that one. "Any port in a storm?" Meaning what?

2) I'm not American. Maybe you're illiterate or inebriated, but my location listed on my posts is Canada. You know, that thing north of your neck of the woods, assuming you're even a resident of the US of A.
          Wouldn't matter, if you live in a democracy and you approve of Trump, you'd be an embarrassment to your country and it's political principles regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Well good on you, glad to hear it. Not sure why I assumed it, but I apologize for making the wrong assumption.
            Understandable. It happens all the time when one's used to shooting their mouth off before checking to see if their brains are loaded.

You'll have to explain that one. "Any port in a storm?" Meaning what?
            To start, "Any Port In a Storm," means, "In adverse circumstances one welcomes any source of relief or escape," as per a quick Google Search.

Now that the Condescension is out of the way.

What I meant by that was that the Rabidly Anti-Trump crowd has been chasing every avenue they can to try and get the Giant Oompa Loompah punted out of the Oval Office... except- amusingly enough- the one thing they need to do to ACTUALLY give him the boot.

Wouldn't matter, if you live in a democracy and you approve of Trump, you'd be an embarrassment to your country and it's political principles regardless.
            As established prior, I don't overall approve of Trump, so... you know. And given the state of the leadership in my Country right now, as well as how shoddily our election system works, I wouldn't mind seeing both Trudeau and our, "First-Past-The-Post" system tossed out like used diapers either.
            Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
              Understandable. It happens all the time when one's used to shooting their mouth off before checking to see if their brains are loaded.
              Yes, that sometimes happens.

To start, "Any Port In a Storm," means, "In adverse circumstances one welcomes any source of relief or escape," as per a quick Google Search.
              I know what it means, my question was what did you mean by it.
              Now that the Condescension is out of the way.
              Okay, I deserved it, let it go.
              What I meant by that was that the Rabidly Anti-Trump crowd has been chasing every avenue they can to try and get the Giant Oompa Loompah punted out of the Oval Office... except- amusingly enough- the one thing they need to do to ACTUALLY give him the boot.
              For one thing they are rabidly anti-Trump for good reason, and their attempts to oust him by other means was for good and legitimate reasons. That Republicans were more interested in their power than they are their country is not the fault of the rabidly American democratic anti-Trump crowd. The one thing they need to do is oust him and that final opportunity doesn't come until November.

As established prior, I don't overall approve of Trump, so... you know.
              The guy is a narcisistic, lawless, dictator, a traitor to democracy if not to his country itself. There is nothing to approve of in such a one as President.
              And given the state of the leadership in my Country right now, as well as how shoddily our election system works, I wouldn't mind seeing both Trudeau and our, "First-Past-The-Post" system tossed out like used diapers either.
              I don't know enough about that situation to comment on it other than to say Trudeau is a Canadian, duly elected by the Canadian people, and not a traitor to democracy or his country whether you agree with his policies or not.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                This has gotta be about CP, doesn't it? I mean it all boils down to talking about CP in the end.
                CP stands for "Crazy Person" right?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  CP stands for "Crazy Person" right?
                  In honor of the passing of Dr J I Packer, I would prefer you pronounce that "Crazy PAREson".
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                    As CP sometimes said...you are painting with far too wide a brush.
                    Speaking of which, my son-in-law is painting the hallways in our church, and....

2020-07-20 16.36.27.jpg

THAT, sir, is a broad roller!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment