Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Conservative values/principles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    They elected Barak Hussein Obama, and as a party have diverse representation. Diversity doesn't exclude white men.
    Heck, even I would have voted for Obama if Hillary was my only other choice.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
      There's obviously more than that, but I didn't start this thread to argue with conservatives. I started it to hear them describe themselves.

So thank you.
      What do you mean there is more? Do you get to decide who believes what?

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
        God help your black children if you're feeding them these poisonous lies.
        I wouldn't get out of bed...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• And then there's nonsense like this:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Heck, even I would have voted for Obama if Hillary was my only other choice.
            Yeah, but the fact is that you didn't and wouldn't have voted for either one of them. But nice try in avoiding the point. The democrat party is representationally diverse, your party is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
              Yeah, but the fact is that you didn't and wouldn't have voted for either one of them. But nice try in avoiding the point. The democrat party is representationally diverse, your party is not.
              Liberally diversity: everybody looks different but thinks the same.

Comment

This assumes that people of color don't vote for white representatives, and that white representatives are incapable of promoting the interests of minority groups.

I can't see how either assumption is not disgustingly racist.
                No...... given an equal opportunity setting, the representative makeup should roughly reflect the diversity in the population.

Skin color, hair color, eye color, sex, left handed, right handed etc should be represented in a similar percentage to the whole population the larger the group becomes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                  No...... given an equal opportunity setting, the representative makeup should roughly reflect the diversity in the population.

Skin color, hair color, eye color, sex, left handed, right handed etc should be represented in a similar percentage to the whole population the larger the group becomes.
                  Why? On what basis do you assert that person A can not sympathize with or defend the interests of person B unless they look the same? That's racist thinking at its worst.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post

in other words you want equal outcome not equal opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                      What are they?

It's a simple question, open to everyone. Looking for real answers/opinions.
                      The Conservative values and principles are variable and pragmatic depending on the agenda. In other words the ends justify the means regardless of whether they are moral or ethical.

Comment

Liberally diversity: everybody looks different but thinks the same.
                        Right, they're not racist or misogynists and they have similar political philosophies. That's why they're democrats lamebrain.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          God help your black children if you're feeding them these poisonous lies. Thankfully I grew up in a household that didn't, and I can't imagine the mess I'd be in now if they did.
                          I let my children make up their own mind. They don't need me to tell them what they are experiencing every day - they tell me.
                          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

No. As usual, you talked around the question instead of giving a direct answer, but thank you for responding anyway.
                            So what exactly were you looking for in terms of an answer. I just went back to my response and it seems fairly clear.
                            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

This is the same kind of thinking that says that black history should only be celebrated for one month a year.
                              No.

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              I like what Morgan Freeman once said, that the way to stop racism is to simply stop focusing on it and let it die out.
                              Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. It never has, AFAICT.

But in reality, liberals in general and Democrats in particular do not want it to die out because "oppressed" groups have an inordinate amount of privilege in modern society.
                              Right. That is why they are (on average) paid less, have lower access to healthcare, are incarcerated more and with stiffer penalties, are less healthy, and are the target of racial hostility almost daily. I see what you mean about power. They are just swimming in it.

I am flat out amazed anyone in 2020 USA would make this statement.

Oh, and before you point the finger at Republicans, tell me what happened recently when Democrat voters across the country were given a diverse field of candidates to choose from as their presidential nominee.
                              They ended up consolidating on an older white man. One race - one office. Now take a look at the distribution of sexes and races among Democrat members of the national and state legislatures, local governments, and even presidential appointees if the president is a Democrat. Across the boards, Democrats are more willing to embrace a "big tent" philosophy. Look at Cabinet memberships. Not only have Democratic presidents had a more diverse cabinet, they also regularly appoint Republicans to some of those positions. Obama had THREE Republicans in his cabinet. Trump not only has minimal diversity, he has not a single Democrat in his cabinet. Even Bush Jr. did better.

Sorry, MM. You can pick/chose your data all day long to hold your position. Cherry-picking is, after all, what you do. But you will be swamped by the statistics every time.

Comment

And then there's nonsense like this:

Agreed. That is nonsense. And one anecdote. It is not statistically relevant.

Comment