Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    How can it simultaneously not be brought to anyone's attention but also have been brought to (according to you) Schiff and Pelosi's attention and appear in the PDB?
    The same way you had it worked out with Trump maybe? In the back of an intelligence book and dumped on their desks, without anyone mentioning it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Keep hoping, brother. Keep hoping.

Even Pelosi has given up on this one!
      She figures it's better to shut up - or eventually be asked why SHE didn't know/do anything about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        She figures it's better to shut up - or eventually be asked why SHE didn't know/do anything about it.
        EGGzackly.

So, the Russians, who were already mad at us because we wiped out a bunch of their best people in Syria (because Trump loves Putin), supposedly put a bounty on the lives of Americans, who were in a proxy war with Russia anyway.

Bad things happen in war - this is no surprise at all.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
          How can it simultaneously not be brought to anyone's attention but also have been brought to (according to you) Schiff and Pelosi's attention and appear in the PDB?
          Reading comprehension fail, huh? Rep. Stewart says it was presented to Nutsy Peliso and Shifty Schiff "in much the same form" as it was presented to the Commander in Chief. In other words, it was put into various reports for Washington leadership to read at their leisure, but it was basically a low priority back page item that nobody in the intelligence community considered credible enough to draw specific attention to.

Face it, kiddo, you're chewing on a nothing burger here.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Face it, kiddo, you're chewing on salivating for a nothing burger here.
            fify
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Reading comprehension fail, huh? Rep. Stewart says it was presented to Nutsy Peliso and Shifty Schiff "in much the same form" as it was presented to the Commander in Chief. In other words, it was put into various reports for Washington leadership to read at their leisure, but it was basically a low priority back page item that nobody in the intelligence community considered credible enough to draw specific attention to.

Face it, kiddo, you're chewing on a nothing burger here.
              That's not the same form as the PDB though. The PDB is meant to be read from cover to cover every day. If this was included in some report to be read "at leisure" then that a) doesn't describe the PDB and b) doesn't sound like intelligence which is necessarily going to be time sensitive.

Are you suggesting that *no one* who had this info available to them read through it to discover it? That just sounds implausible.

Regardless of all that, this is clearly no longer a low priority item since we already informed our allies yet it is still being ignored and called a 'hoax.' The scandal is both Trump's past failure to become aware of this info (if you believe that he never heard about it) and his current failure to act on it.

To call this a nothingburger is simply absurd.

Comment

Keep hoping, brother. Keep hoping.

Even Pelosi has given up on this one!
                So you can't lay out a specific fact which I've put stock into which has turned out to be false? The closest one I can think of is whether Trump actually became aware of this issue on February 27th or whether he didn't read his PDB on that day. That just makes this a scandal of a slightly different sort.

Your eagerness to whitewash Trump's ongoing unwillingness to take steps to protect troops lives only testifies against yourself.

Comment

• From this article it's clear Pelosi has hardly "given up on this one."

And she stated directly that this info was in Trump's PDB. Gross negligence is hardly a defense in this matter.

This scandal is not going to go away despite what the resident русские предатели want to claim.

Comment

From this article it's clear Pelosi has hardly "given up on this one."
                    Now there's a shocker.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      Now there's a shocker.
                      Pelosi needs to be asked "What did YOU know and when did YOU first know it? And what was in YOUR PDB?" But none of the lackey MSM will ask that of her.

Comment

That's not the same form as the PDB though.
                        Whatever, Mr. Nitpick. "Any port in a storm" as the saying goes.

And I'd love to see you back up your assertion that "The PDB is meant to be read from cover to cover every day." Tell me one president in the last 50-years who ever did that.

For the sake of comparison, Obama was infamous for skipping his daily verbal briefings, attending less than 50% of them throughout his presidency. Of course it was claimed that's because he read the briefings on his own on an iPad, but did he really? It doesn't seem so. For an entire year, Obama's PDB contained repeated, specific, and actionable warnings about the rise of ISIS. And yet Obama claimed to have been completely blindsided and blamed James Clapper for not telling him.

Contrast that with the present nothing burger where multiple persons have said on the record that the information about the Russian bounties was never considered credible, was never brought explicitly to the President's or anybody else's attention, and even today there is still significant disagreement about the veracity of the claims.

Comment

From this article it's clear Pelosi has hardly "given up on this one."

And she stated directly that this info was in Trump's PDB. Gross negligence is hardly a defense in this matter.

This scandal is not going to go away despite what the resident русские предатели want to claim.
                          "...the source told the Daily News, speaking on condition of anonymity."

You fell for it AGAIN! Come on, man, you can't possibly be that gullible!

Comment

So you can't lay out a specific fact which I've put stock into which has turned out to be false?
                            Well, we have, but you're so hate-filled toward Trump that you'll see what you want to see.

The closest one I can think of is whether Trump actually became aware of this issue on February 27th or whether he didn't read his PDB on that day. That just makes this a scandal of a slightly different sort.
                            Keep hoping, buddy.

Your eagerness to whitewash Trump's ongoing unwillingness to take steps to protect troops lives only testifies against yourself.
                            You're so full of crap it's not funny.

Comment

Whatever, Mr. Nitpick. "Any port in a storm" as the saying goes.
                              It's hardly a nitpick. The PDB is not a document intended for reading "at leisure" (nor, I would wager, is the document you are describing which Schiff and Pelosi had access to.)

And I'd love to see you back up your assertion that "The PDB is meant to be read from cover to cover every day." Tell me one president in the last 50-years who ever did that.
                              All of them. What a silly objection.

I'm not going to respond to nonsense about Obama which has already been debunked. If the PDB isn't composed of information intended to be read from cover-to-cover every day then it's not serving its purpose. Any president who was routinely being given useless information in the PDB *ought to have* made staffing changes to correct that.

Contrast that with the present nothing burger where multiple persons have said on the record that the information about the Russian bounties was never considered credible, was never brought explicitly to the President's or anybody else's attention, and even today there is still significant disagreement about the veracity of the claims.
                              You know you're being dishonest here. Don't waste my time.

Let's say that the information was considered "salacious and unverified" at one point in time. Don't you think we should have chased it down and either proven or debunked it before asking Russia to rejoin the G7?

And to claim that the information was "never" considered credible is just a lie. It's considered credible *now*, at minimum.
                              Last edited by DivineOb; 07-02-2020, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Well, we have, but you're so hate-filled toward Trump that you'll see what you want to see.
                                Be specific. What fact have I stood behind which has been demonstrated to be false? Don't be like dishonest MM and keep saying "I already showed you" over and over.

You're so full of crap it's not funny.
                                It isn't funny, I agree. I thought Republicans supported the troops?

Comment