Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Yeah, I don't know how many times the Russian collusion hoax has to be debunked before liberal idiots will stop believing it.
    I know - it is surreal. Trump TWICE ordered an attack on Assad because of chemical weapons usage (although whether Assad did or not was later disputed). Putin was undoubtedly pounding his desk in frustration; his ally attacked and made Putin look weak by not responding. Liberals conveniently forget this and keep shouting "Putin Puppet" like good little MSM parrots. Trump also increased sanctions on Russia and Putin's friends, and has implemented obstacles to the Gazprom gas lines - all conveniently ignored by the "Putin Puppet" shouters.

If Trump is Putin's puppet then Putin is the worst string-puller that ever lived. Obama must have been Putin's lover by comparison.

Comment

• Three NATO officials have indicated they were recently briefed on the Russia Bounties issue

https://www.businessinsider.com/russ...-denies-2020-6

However, three NATO military officials told Insider on Monday they had been briefed by US intelligence of the potential threat, with two of them saying they were given the briefing about one week ago. None of the three officials have permission to be named in the press, but their identities are known to Insider.

In any case, I'm not surprised that the kind of people who dismiss "the failing" NYT and WaPo as gossip rags don't believe that a Russian conspiracy has taken over their political party. But if Trump is as "tough on Russia" as you claim why was he *not* in a hurry to be briefed on this info? And where is his address to the nation and threats to Russia and any copycats? If Mr. Rogers were president even he would have gone on TV by now making clear that these claims, if validated, would guarantee a decisive response.

What a weak coward.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        Three NATO officials have indicated they were recently briefed on the Russia Bounties issue

https://www.businessinsider.com/russ...-denies-2020-6

However, three NATO military officials told Insider on Monday they had been briefed by US intelligence of the potential threat, with two of them saying they were given the briefing about one week ago. None of the three officials have permission to be named in the press, but their identities are known to Insider.

In any case, I'm not surprised that the kind of people who dismiss "the failing" NYT and WaPo as gossip rags don't believe that a Russian conspiracy has taken over their political party. But if Trump is as "tough on Russia" as you claim why was he *not* in a hurry to be briefed on this info? And where is his address to the nation and threats to Russia and any copycats? If Mr. Rogers were president even he would have gone on TV by now making clear that these claims, if validated, would guarantee a decisive response.

What a weak coward.
        So, in your same cite...

So, Trump stabbed his puppet master in the back, and Putin got mad and ordered killings, and this is proof that Trump loves Putin.

Yeah, I'm totally convinced!!!!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Lincoln project with the 24 hour turnaround on this one.

"When Trump tells you he stands by the troops he's right... just not our troops."

This has now been confirmed by the Europeans and led to "causalties". This scandal will be the final nail in the coffin of the GOP.
          Earlier in the thread, I responded that I was skeptical of your last sentence.

While I haven't really changed my mind, I have to admit I'm surprised by the trajectory of this scandal. It appears to be growing, in-part due to self-described Republicans pushing the Trump administration for more information.

I have a very dim view of the GOP these days, and I don't suspect for a second that they actually do care about the safety of US forces (or for the security of their nation in general). Still, there's something about this which seems to have woken them up a bit, and that's surprising. Who knew they still had standards/values they'd try to stand by?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
            ....I have a very dim view of the GOP these days, and I don't suspect for a second that they actually do care about the safety of US forces (or for the security of their nation in general).....
            Just out of curiosity.... are you saying that the GOP does NOT care about the safety of US forces, etc.....?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              So, in your same cite...

So, Trump stabbed his puppet master in the back, and Putin got mad and ordered killings, and this is proof that Trump loves Putin.

Yeah, I'm totally convinced!!!!
              The point remains that, by every indication, there was a Russian Bounty placed on American soldiers. That you want to focus on flailing against the the "Russia Hoax" instead of that issue is telling and sad.

Meanwhile here is Trump's tweet from this morning

The Russia Bounty story is just another made up by Fake News tale that is told only to damage me and the Republican Party. The secret source probably does not even exist, just like the story itself. If the discredited @nytimes
              has a source, reveal it. Just another HOAX!

Does that sound like someone at all interested in getting to the bottom of the Russian bounty program which by all accounts is *not* a "hoax"? Would you read that while in uniform and think "That man has got my back"?

Even if the whole thing is made up you know the president owes it to the troops to state unequivocally that such a program, if discovered, would result in fire and fury etc.

Comment

• "...three NATO military officials told Insider on Monday they had been briefed by US intelligence of the potential threat, with two of them saying they were given the briefing about one week ago."

Even though this is another "sources say" story, it appears reasonably credible because it confirms what our Commander in Chief said, that he was only only recently told about it himself and that the information was not considered credible. Obviously this was considered a low-priority if people are only just now briefed on it.

The bigger issue, I think, is that we still have traitors 6on our own government leaking classified information to the media.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The point remains that, by every indication, there was a Russian Bounty placed on American soldiers.
                  If that's true, why should we be surprised?

That you want to focus on flailing against the the "Russia Hoax" instead of that issue is telling and sad.
                  You're quite the pantload! "Flailing against the the "Russian Haox"?

Look, DO, you may be an emotional basket case, and everything throws you into a tizzy --- but please don't try to project that on me.
                  You won't find a calmer guy than me. (Except, of course, when my daughter was dating)

Meanwhile here is Trump's tweet from this morning
                  For the umpteenzillionth time -- I wish somebody would hijack Trump's Twitter account.

The Russia Bounty story is just another made up by Fake News tale that is told only to damage me and the Republican Party. The secret source probably does not even exist, just like the story itself. If the discredited @nytimes
                  has a source, reveal it. Just another HOAX!

Does that sound like someone at all interested in getting to the bottom of the Russian bounty program which by all accounts is *not* a "hoax"? Would you read that while in uniform and think "That man has got my back"?
                  Sounds like Trump. Next?

Even if the whole thing is made up you know the president owes it to the troops to state unequivocally that such a program, if discovered, would result in fire and fury etc.
                  Because any active duty service member would be SHOCKED that Russia might want more dead service members.

Is this more proof that Putin and Trump are lovers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    "...three NATO military officials told Insider on Monday they had been briefed by US intelligence of the potential threat, with two of them saying they were given the briefing about one week ago."

Even though this is another "sources say" story, it appears reasonably credible because it confirms what our Commander in Chief said, that he was only only recently told about it himself and that the information was not considered credible. Obviously this was considered a low-priority if people are only just now briefed on it.
                    I want a direct answer to this. Why do you think Trump *still* hasn't given an unequivocal statement threatening any country with such a bounty program? Wouldn't you expect that to happen?

The bigger issue, I think, is that we still have traitors 6on our own government leaking classified information to the media.
                    I agree that leaks are bad. How was the UKR whisteblower treated? How was that Hydroxycloroquine one treated? Do you understand why "proper channels" have been closed off as a route one might take?

Comment

For the umpteenzillionth time -- I wish somebody would hijack Trump's Twitter account.
                      No, not good enough. That tweet betrays not just indifference to the bounty program but antipathy towards it being revealed. Far, far more concern with how this harms him politically that any possible effect it might have or might have had on the troops under his command. Your casual dismissal of this behavior is simply inconsistent with a love of country.

Because any active duty service member would be SHOCKED that Russia might want more dead service members.

Is this more proof that Putin and Trump are lovers?
                      If Trump and Putin were secret allies how do you think Trump would have responded to the bounty program differently from how he actually has responded? If you were president would you have responded the same way Trump has?
                      Last edited by DivineOb; 07-01-2020, 11:18 AM.

Comment

No, not good enough.
                        Good enough for what?

That tweet betrays not just indifference to the bounty program but antipathy towards it being revealed. Far, far more concern with how this harms him politically that any possible effect it might have or might have had on the troops under his command. Your casual dismissal of this behavior is simply inconsistent with a love of country or even a love of your god.
                        Do you ever do anything fun? Is your whole life about anger and misery and accusations?

If Trump and Putin were secret allies how do you think Trump would have responded to the bounty program differently from how he actually has responded?
                        He's not responding to the "bounty program" -- he's responding to the accusations that he knew about it and didn't do anything, and the "anonymous sources" thing, and leaks.

Comment

If you were president would you have responded the same way Trump has?
                          If I were POTUS, there are a WHOLE LOT of things on which I would have responded WAY differently... a LOT of things.

But, let me ask you this --- are you under the naive delusion that the US does not ALSO offer bounties on the heads of enemies?

Wouldn't it be a tad hypocritical for us to warn other nations against doing what WE do?

Comment

Do you ever do anything fun? Is your whole life about anger and misery and accusations?
                            I can assure you that watching you folks debase yourselves for a traitor and conman is a lot of fun.

He's not responding to the "bounty program" -- he's responding to the accusations that he knew about it and didn't do anything, and the "anonymous sources" thing, and leaks.
                            Right. He's responding to the parts which affect him personally and ignoring the more important issues which "only" affect the troops under his command.

And you didn't answer my question. How would Trump have acted differently over the past ~112 hours wrt the bounty program if he were actually a Russian asset?

Comment

I can assure you that watching you folks debase yourselves for a traitor and conman is a lot of fun.
                              So, you take delight in the alleged downfall of others.

Right. He's responding to the parts which affect him personally
                              And this is shocking to you?

and ignoring the more important issues which "only" affect the troops under his command.
                              So you claim.

And you didn't answer my question. How would Trump have acted differently over the past ~112 hours wrt the bounty program if he were actually a Russian asset?
                              I LONG AGO stopped trying to figure out what Trump would do or say about anything.

Comment

But, let me ask you this --- are you under the naive delusion that the US does not ALSO offer bounties on the heads of enemies?

Wouldn't it be a tad hypocritical for us to warn other nations against doing what WE do?

Comment