Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fauci says Trump hasn't ordered slowdown of coronavirus testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    That is a beatiful straw man. That straw man was created in the image of Trump.

And remember, it is in this very situation, a situation in which more than 120.000 Americans have died that your president is now (at best) making a joke of the efforts to stop this. Contradicting himself, making false statements and the like as if it was all just a media game.
    Yes, we should ALL walk around very somber just waiting to be carried to our graves.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
      You're the one who casually dismissed the deaths of more than a hundred thousand Americans in the last 4 months.
      You're welcome to see that interpretation - wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Maybe it's time for a bit of self-reflection?
      I'll give you some space --- lemme know when you're done.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Trump may have asked for it, but it sounds like his administration is ultimately going to continue testing at current rates.

So what's the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Fauci says Trump hasn't ordered slowdown of coronavirus testing

Trump often says stuff that appear to be engineered to freak out the media. At his recent rally, he made a dumb statement about "slowing down testing", and the media reacted reflexively.
          Fauci telling us his intention is to test more and Donald Trump telling us he directed his staff to reduce testing are not necessarily incompatible facts.

I'll be curious if Trump ratchets it up by directly contradicting Fauci after today's hearing.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-23-2020, 06:11 PM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

A more charitable way to look at it is that Trump has his opinions, but he trusts the advisors he's put in charge even if they happen to disagree with him.

The lesson here is don't fixate on what Trump says, pay attention to what his administration actually does. I actually don't really pay much attention to Trump's speeches and TV interviews. Liberals always hyperventilate about "But Trump said! But Trump said!" and frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn
            The Idiot's guide to living with an idiot for a president:

Ignore everything he says!

Only get upset if he actually does something really bad!

... oh wait ...

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              The Idiot's guide to living with an idiot for a president:

Ignore everything he says!
              That's pretty much it, yes.

To the extent that the conservative continues to refuse to hold him accountable for what he says (and thus supports Trump), he/she loses all right to complain about people who lie.

Heck, he/she has lost all claim to hold the moral high ground on any issue.

Comment

A more charitable way to look at it is that Trump has his opinions, but he trusts the advisors he's put in charge even if they happen to disagree with him.

The lesson here is don't fixate on what Trump says, pay attention to what his administration actually does. I actually don't really pay much attention to Trump's speeches and TV interviews. Liberals always hyperventilate about "But Trump said! But Trump said!" and frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn
                Naw, let them fixate on what Trump SAYS.

Comment

The conservatives here are in the weird position of arguing that Trump is lying whereas the liberals are arguing that Trump is telling the truth.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    The conservatives here are in the weird position of arguing that Trump is lying whereas the liberals are arguing that Trump is telling the truth.
                    Trump is Trump.

Comment

266DA9B8-66EB-4ED4-99E1-A5587CC665D6.jpeg

Comment

I should have given this the thumbs-up earlier, because it was a good catch.

That's exactly what's happening; it's happened before, too, but at the moment I can't think of an example that fits your observation.

There are plenty of times when Trump hasn't lied. The problem has always been that he does both with equal ease/frequency.

Comment

I think it's often more like the Liberals take trump literally when they should take him figuratively, and they take him figuratively when they should take him liberally.
                          I don't approve of his lying, but I think he loves pushing buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Trump is Trump.
                            Trump is a grown infant.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                              Trump is a grown infant.
                              I'm surprised you gave him "grown".

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                                Trump is a grown infant.
                                Overgrown ...

Comment