Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas governor recommends mask usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yes, the problem, well documented, is that the "experts" on this have been inconsistent on the use of masks.
    I'll just point out that Denmark's infection numbers are still dropping despite the populace not using masks.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      I'll just point out that Denmark's infection numbers are still dropping despite the populace not using masks.
      Perhaps you guys have some sort of natural immunity? Should we harvest your blood for transfusions?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Perhaps you guys have some sort of natural immunity? Should we harvest your blood for transfusions?
        Careful we might infect you with ideas like comprehensive healthcare, social welfare programs and nationalized television news broadcasting.

Comment

Careful we might infect you with ideas like comprehensive healthcare, social welfare programs and nationalized television news broadcasting.
          Hmmmmmmm. Lemme pray about that.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I even amen'd you!
            And your boss will not have a problem with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
              And your boss will not have a problem with that?
              I believe God has a sense of humor. Unlike some of his alleged children here.

Comment

Back on topic....

I'm swayed by concern for our people, which is why I (we) am/are doing some serious study on what's going on around our county, and preparing to respond accordingly.

We have had some cases of teens and children - not really in our vicinity, but "close enough" - that we are doing research and "running the traps".
                ...we are looking (as well as a number of local churches who look to us for guidance) on what meetings and services we might want to cut back, in view of the changing situation.
                I take VERY SERIOUSLY the safety of our people, and am constantly checking with our county judge, medical experts, and one very key individual who happens to be well connected to our State Capital.

Comment

I believe God has a sense of humor. Unlike some of his alleged children here.
                  I once saw a cartoon in which God said something along the lines of: "I created humor and the most funny fact about it is that those who believe in me the most are the least likely to have it."

Don't put too much in it. After all, I'm the enemy and you are the false teacher to the alleged children. People looking for truth left this place long ago. But we can have a little fun. :-)

Comment

That's the last thing we need -- another infection. Yikes!!

Comment

I once saw a cartoon in which God said something along the lines of: "I created humor and the most funny fact about it is that those who believe in me the most are the least likely to have it."
                      I find that odd, because "a Merry heart doeth good like a medicine". Most of my good Christian friends have wonderful senses of humor.

Don't put too much in it. After all, I'm the enemy and you are the false teacher to the alleged children. People looking for truth left this place long ago.
                      Well, yeah, THAT was weird.

But we can have a little fun. :-)
                      I very rarely see you share anything fun or funny. But, again, you did pleasantly surprise me.

Comment

A discussion about the role of humor in the Christian walk might be worth having. I've felt sort of convicted myself about the Bible calling for us to be sober minded and feeling like I am too flippant in general. Trying to be more serious. I think OBP mentioned something along those lines awhile back too if I'm not mistaken.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          A discussion about the role of humor in the Christian walk might be worth having. I've felt sort of convicted myself about the Bible calling for us to be sober minded and feeling like I am too flippant in general. Trying to be more serious. I think OBP mentioned something along those lines awhile back too if I'm not mistaken.
                          Start a thread - I'll jump in! (If that's OK )

Comment

.....People looking for truth left this place long ago....
                            So, YOU are here.....

Comment

Comment

Houston Protesters Begin to Fall Ill With Coronavirus After Marching for George Floyd

https://www.newsweek.com/houston-pro...JHpH-KJYtnbJJc
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment