Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Police guns down man after he tried to flee.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Wow, Jimmy, I really hope you never get called for jury duty.

"The officer didn't flinch. Therefore, he didn't feel that his life was in danger."

He shot him in the back as he was running away, MM. So stop misrepresenting the facts. he shot him in the back and it was ruled a homicide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
      I other words the story was probably deleted because it misinformation in it.
      I think Jim may have bungled the URL, don't really know.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        The union always tries to protect CP,
        They protect the BAD, Jim, over and over and over....

but like I explained to you
        All the other times you got it so horribly wrong?

in the past if it's just cause they can and do fire union employees and there is nothing the union can do in that case.
        You really REALLY are ignorant about how unions work, and I have posted NUMEROUS examples of bad cops and bad teachers being protected by Unions.

And thank you for proving that point for me with your big block words.
        Just trying to find a way for you not to ignore them - cause that's what you do.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I am thankful that JimL isn't in charge of anything.
          All of you guys were conned into voting for Trump, I'm glad you're not in charge of anything.
          Last edited by JimL; 06-16-2020, 04:02 PM.

Comment

All of you guys conned into voting for Trump, I'm glad you're not in charge of anything.
            I'm thinking about voting for him just cause it gets under your skin.

And, actually (brag warning) I'm in charge of quite a bit, because I'm an upstanding well-respected leader of my community.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I think Jim may have bungled the URL, don't really know.
              Could be this one.

https://www.latimes.com/nation/natio...203-story.html

Comment

They slammed a big paywall on it when I tried to open it. I think I found it a few posts back.

Comment

They slammed a big paywall on it when I tried to open it. I think I found it a few posts back.
                  Interesting, I didn't get a paywall for that one. Perhaps cause I'm not accessing from America.

Comment

Interesting, I didn't get a paywall for that one. Perhaps cause I'm not accessing from America.
                    Or, I think maybe they keep track (cookies) of how many times you access, and after a certain number of times, they hit you with that paywall.
                    Pretty sure I was on that very site just a bit ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                      He shot him in the back as he was running away, MM. So stop misrepresenting the facts. he shot him in the back and it was ruled a homicide.
                      Of course it was ruled a homicide. That simply means that one person killed another. The question is whether or not it was criminal homicide, and it almost certainly was not since the suspect pointed a weapon at the police meaning it was justified self defense. Still homicide, but perfectly legal. This isn't even one of those fringe cases that could go either way. The officer clearly did nothing wrong.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The union always tries to protect CP,.....
                        Actually, they don't try to protect CP, because CP is not in any union. (Except with my wife, and that works out wonderfully well )

But you make an excellent point, Jim, albeit entirely unintentional.
                        It is the JOB of the Union to protect their dues-paying members, and they would be so much more credible if, as I have said before, they would have some line that, after crossing that line, they tell their member, "sorry buddy, you're on your own on this".

The Police Unions have an ADVERSARIAL relationship (by design) with "management" - the Command Staff of the Police Department.
                        When the Command Staff wishes to terminate or discipline an officer, the Union steps in and does their best to protect that officer.

So, yes, you're right - "The union always tries to protect" their dues-paying members - even the rotten apples.

Maybe you're getting it after all!

Comment

Actually, they don't try to protect CP, because CP is not in any union. (Except with my wife, and that works out wonderfully well )

But you make an excellent point, Jim, albeit entirely unintentional.
                          It is the JOB of the Union to protect their dues-paying members, and they would be so much more credible if, as I have said before, they would have some line that, after crossing that line, they tell their member, "sorry buddy, you're on your own on this".

The Police Unions have an ADVERSARIAL relationship (by design) with "management" - the Command Staff of the Police Department.
                          When the Command Staff wishes to terminate or discipline an officer, the Union steps in and does their best to protect that officer.

So, yes, you're right - "The union always tries to protect" their dues-paying members - even the rotten apples.

Maybe you're getting it after all!
                          You mean that maybe you're finally catching on, because it's been what I've been saying all along. Thanks again.

Comment

You mean that maybe you're finally catching on, because it's been what I've been saying all along. Thanks again.
                            You can pretend that all you want, Jim, but the record is clear - I've had this stuff right all along.

Comment

You can pretend that all you want, Jim, but the record is clear - I've had this stuff right all along.
                              Sure CP.

Comment

Sure CP.
                                It's all out there for everybody to see, Jim - you defend Unions over and over and over again, regardless of how many times they protect the bad apples.
                                Show me ONE TIME where you agreed that a union was wrong for protecting the bad guy.

Just ONCE!

Comment