Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"Abortion is murder"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    So, when you show the mere girls a picture of a newly fertilized egg, they come to realize that it's a human being.
    Well, the pictures in the human development book show the zygote growing up into an embryo and the embryo growing up imto a fetus
    And abortions aren't performed pn zygptes, idiot
    By the time a woman finds out she is pregnant (about 5 weeks gestation), the heart is already beating. So, go jump in a lake you silly donkey.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Why does this idiocy not surprise me even a little?
      He is a troll. That bridge must be uncomfortable to sleep undet, so he has to do this for entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        So, when you show the mere girls
        Well, you could never figure out what a "boy" was when you were so stubbornly defending NAMBLA, so why does this not surprise me?

a picture of a newly fertilized egg, they come to realize that it's a human being.
        Perhaps you should take a moment to look up a new word - "sonogram".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Or he thinks that the human organism stays a single cell for nine months and miraculously turns into a baby at birth.

Comment

Actually, not so much. You would not prosecute a teen who was duped into "murdering" something he sincerely believed was not human life.
            So why should we prosecute a young girl who was duped into believing she was only eliminating a clump of cells.
            There are a whole lot of problems with your analogy but let's start with this one.

What about women who aren't teenagers and who are fully aware of what they are doing?

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
              There are a whole lot of problems with your analogy but let's start with this one.

What about women who aren't teenagers and who are fully aware of what they are doing?
              And they made a legal arrangement to have a legal abortion? Or did they somehow break the law?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And they made a legal arrangement to have a legal abortion? Or did they somehow break the law?
                The question I originally asked is whether it was appropriate to describe such a woman as a "baby killer." That remains my question. The legality of the procedure has no bearing on whether that is an accurate term to use.

Comment

The question I originally asked is whether it was appropriate to describe such a woman as a "baby killer." That remains my question. The legality of the procedure has no bearing on whether that is an accurate term to use.
                  And I addressed that in my very first post in your "gotcha" thread...

And, let's quickly add that the "murder" tag is disputed because it is not "the unlawful taking of human life", as legally described, but is, to many of us, the immoral taking of a human life.

Comment

And I addressed that in my very first post in your "gotcha" thread...
                    It's not a "gotcha" thread, CP. I could have hardly been less subtle with this thread.

Regardless, I reread your original reply a few times and what I can see as a reply to my question is this

The question would be to what degree are they complicit in the "murder" performed by the abortionist.
                    And, let's quickly add that the "murder" tag is disputed because it is not "the unlawful taking of human life", as legally described, but is, to many of us, the immoral taking of a human life.
                    So, get rid of "murder." Surely we all agree that something that was once living has been killed, right?

Comment

It's not a "gotcha" thread, CP. I could have hardly been less subtle with this thread.
                      Meh, looks like a "gotcha" thread to me.

Regardless, I reread your original reply a few times and what I can see as a reply to my question is this

So, get rid of "murder." Surely we all agree that something that was once living has been killed, right?
                      A clump of cells? Or a human life?

Comment

In case anyone was wondering what and abortion procedure looked like...

And there used to be some other torturous methods for killing preborn humans(saline abortion, partial birth abortion).
                        Boy am I glad I didn't learn the specifics when I was eight!

Comment

Meh, looks like a "gotcha" thread to me.

A clump of cells? Or a human life?
                          I would certainly agree that you have a human life from the moment of conception. Well, to be on the safe side lets say from the moment of the first cell division since I'm not a biologist.

Comment

I would certainly agree that you have a human life from the moment of conception. Well, to be on the safe side lets say from the moment of the first cell division since I'm not a biologist.
                            Cool. So, to quote one of my Cajun friends, "where we goin widdis"?

Comment

Cool. So, to quote one of my Cajun friends, "where we goin widdis"?
                              So we now agree that "killer" is an appropriate term to apply, right? And you'd agree that "it" is a baby from conception or soon afterwards, right? What's wrong with the term "baby killer" then?

Comment

So we now agree that "killer" is an appropriate term to apply, right?
                                For the abortionist, absolutely, He or she is the one who terminated the living being.

And you'd agree that "it" is a baby from conception or soon afterwards, right?
                                Well, the old Rabbi says that life actually begins when the kids move away and the dog dies. But, yeah, life begins at conception.

What's wrong with the term "baby killer" then?
                                For the abortionist, I can't think of any scenario where that would not be a proper description.

Comment