Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Defund Police...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    This is a good point. I'd sell it as scrap metal. That's at least 2600$ in that case, plus the cost of all the gasoline and maintainence you won't be paying for.

Just watch the videos, police have already been overly violent in disbanding peaceful protest.

Which is a perfectly good enough reason to take away toys like this from them.
    My respect for the police has been knocked down a notch by the persistent attacks on peaceful protesters and camera crews. I'm trying to figure out what sort of mentality responds to massive nationwide protests due to a instances of police brutality caught on film by serving up more police brutality caught on film during those same protests. In at least two instances I've been watching coverage only to see a police officer purposefully aim their pepper spray (or whatever) rifles directly at the camera crew to either hit the journalist, the camera, or the camera man. I've also seen tapes of the assault on the Australian journalist which reveal for all to see the lies the policemen made in their reports about what happened. It makes me believe the claim that the problem is indeed much deeper and much broader that I previously believed. If they are lying when they KNOW they are on tape, how many police are lying about these things when they have good reason to believe it's police said, arrested said?
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Maybe they're too busy handling new membership requests from Minnesota.
      No kidding: Gun sales spike amid protests, pandemic

https://fox5sandiego.com/news/local-...ests-pandemic/
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Seems like it would come in handy during these violent demonstrations we are seeing right now too.
        You guys are really buying into the propaganda that all of the protests are violent demonstrations haven't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          A disarmed citizenry is a compliant citizenry.
          Just what the left wants....
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I'd respects the gun-toters who'd always preached about tyrranical governments, if they were actually be out there protesting, each one armed to the teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Seems like it would come in handy during these violent demonstrations we are seeing right now too.

...or the zombie apocalypse.
              Note to self:

After I get my tank remember to have those hedgerow cutters, like our tanks had in Normandy, France during WWII, welded on to the front to make it kewler as I run over zombies.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You guys are really buying into the propaganda that all of the protests are violent demonstrations haven't you?
                I'm not. We had a protest in my little city - completely peaceful, except one guy tried to rip up the American flag - the other protesters stopped him. Cool!

Comment

I'd respects the gun-toters who'd always preached about tyrranical governments, if they were actually be out there protesting, each one armed to the teeth.
                  While not armed to the teeth wasn't there a recent hullabaloo over the fact that some of those protesting excessive government quarantines came armed? They were also licensed to carry so they actually didn't violate any laws.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

This is a good point. I'd sell it as scrap metal. That's at least 2600$ in that case, plus the cost of all the gasoline and maintainence you won't be paying for.
                    Leon, this is a trail down which you really don't want to go. Grants come with specific conditions, including terms both for acquiring and disposing of such equipment, since it was military issue. You can't just sell it, either for scrap, or to another entity not approved by conditions of the grant.

Just watch the videos, police have already been overly violent in disbanding peaceful protest.

Which is a perfectly good enough reason to take away toys like this from them.
                    In cases where they have been abused, there should be due process. We don't just punish everybody for the abuses of a few.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                      I'm not. We had a protest in my little city - completely peaceful, except one guy tried to rip up the American flag - the other protesters stopped him. Cool!
                      Most of them from my experience from the friends I've had, or friends of friends in the US are completely peaceful protests. One of my friends, a liberal who browse this website using it as a (thermometer on conservative thought), also had a peaceful protest. The police even took a knee in front of the protesters in one of my other friends account.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Leon, this is a trail down which you really don't want to go. Grants come with specific conditions, including terms both for acquiring and disposing of such equipment, since it was military issue. You can't just sell it, either for scrap, or to another entity not approved by conditions of the grant.
                        This is ridiculous Cow Poke. That sounds really dumb. They don't need tanks. They're police, not military.

In cases where they have been abused, there should be due process. We don't just punish everybody for the abuses of a few.
                        Nothing is happening Cow Poke, you keep reassuring me that police aren't ignoring the issues but then they're driving around those tanks like they're going to war.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                          No kidding: Gun sales spike amid protests, pandemic

https://fox5sandiego.com/news/local-...ests-pandemic/
                          Our two main local gun stores are constantly running out of stock, and are requiring you to pre-order.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                            Never said all of them were. I said during THE violent demonstrations. And there are many across the country. In my own city there was one last week about a block away from where I used to live! And the protestors were throwing molotov cocktails and such at the police. They actually had a couple of swat trucks out there and the police were hunkering down behind them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                              Nothing is happening Cow Poke, you keep reassuring me that police aren't ignoring the issues but then they're driving around those tanks like they're going to war.
                              You're doing that thing, again, brother, where you are succumbing to selection bias. Do you really think this is happening in every town in America, and with every police department, or even in every state?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                You're doing that thing, again, brother, where you are succumbing to selection bias. Do you really think this is happening in every town in America, and with every police department, or even in every state?
                                I'm certainly a lot more worried about this, than you are about protesters throwing fire crackers or bashing in windows.

Comment