Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Defund Police...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Oooooops!
    One good thing that Camden did was to get the cops out of the squad cars. I'm a strong supporter of cops walking the beat, getting to know the neighborhood.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      "And replace it with and alternative model."
      The alternative model is not police. It is social workers. Read the articles. No cops. No police. None.

Of course they won't actually GET that, but that is what they voted on and passed, and what they WANT.

I am sure the state government will step in and nullify their idiotic vote. Even the mayor is against it.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
        Right Jim with THREE TIMES THE POLICE. County police. More white cops, less black cops.
        Reformed policing and disbanding, abolishing the former police dept. was a necessary step in order to do that.

Comment

Reformed policing and disbanding, abolishing the former police dept. was a necessary step in order to do that.
          NOTHING like what your MOE-ron (thanks, Reba) friends in Minneapolis are doing.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

One good thing that Camden did was to get the cops out of the squad cars. I'm a strong supporter of cops walking the beat, getting to know the neighborhood.
            Yes, it looks like they did a LOT of things right!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              The alternative model is not police. It is social workers. Read the articles. No cops. No police. None.

Of course they won't actually GET that, but that is what they voted on and passed, and what they WANT.

I am sure the state government will step in and nullify their idiotic vote. Even the mayor is against it.
              Did I see where they (city council members) are ALL up for reelection this year?

Comment

Jim, they are doing some good things, things I support, but having three times the cops on the street is probably the major reason for the lower crime rates.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Jim, they are doing some good things, things I support, but having three times the cops on the street is probably the major reason for the lower crime rates.
                  And none of them were psychotic enough to believe they needed NO police. They FIRST made this arrangement with the County Police.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    And none of them were psychotic enough to believe they needed NO police. They FIRST made this arrangement with the County Police.
                    Exactly...

Comment

Camden's new system has worked exceptionally well, crime down by 21%, murders down by 75% and police abuse complaints down 95%.
                      The system which they arranged BEFORE they abolished their PD? Good. Has the Minnepolis officials done the same? Did they set up for alternative law enforcement BEFORE they voted to abolish the current one? Have they identifed funds to pay for their solution?
                      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Paramount has cancelled "COPS" but A&E says "LivePD" is coming back

https://deadline.com/2020/06/cops-ca...ae-1202954910/

Comment

Paramount has cancelled "COPS" but A&E says "LivePD" is coming back

https://deadline.com/2020/06/cops-ca...ae-1202954910/
                          I heard about COPS this morning. I thought they went off the air four or five years ago. They were on for 32 years.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            I heard about COPS this morning. I thought they went off the air four or five years ago. They were on for 32 years.
                            You can't show Cops in a good light...

Comment

It looks like Rep. Ilhan Omar has not just endorsed the idea of disbanding the city of Minneapolis' police department but seems to be onboard with Steve Fletcher's ideas about "reimagin[ing] what public safety means" which means "reinvest in cultural competency and mental health training, de-escalation and conflict resolution."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Yeah I think they did go off for a while a few years ago, then they brought it back. Probably will do it again in the future.

I like LivePD better though, they do follow through and tell you what happens after the clip ends. On COPS you never know what happens.

Comment