Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

(Lighter thread): Who should re-open first, churches or AA meetings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Actually there are a number of well documented examples:

(1) A choir practice resulted in Mount Vernon, Washington resulted 52 cases, and at least two deaths: https://www.livescience.com/covid-19...r-singing.html

(2) Church service in Frankfort, Germany results in 40 infections: https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pan...church-service

(3) California church services linked to COVID 19 spread:https://www.latimes.com/california/s...hurch-services.

At present no new cases of COVID 199 have been attributed to AA meetings.

The documentation at present links: church services, parties, bars and pubs, large meetings, extended care institution staff, hospital staff, beauty parlors and barber shops, celebrations in crowds, and sporting events have spread COVD 19, and the victims took the virus home and elsewhere. There are of course other crowded indoor activities that are known to spread the COVID 19.
    Wow, so let's ban CHURCH SERVICES because there are three examples of problems, and somehow, you know that these were because of "singing and 'congregational prayer'".

And those of us who are practicing proper protocols including social distancing and masks and hand sanitizers are FAR more dangerous than people in line at Walmart, Home Depot and Kroger.

More nutjob anti-Christian bigotry on parade.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied

(1) A choir practice resulted in Mount Vernon, Washington resulted 52 cases, and at least two deaths: https://www.livescience.com/covid-19...r-singing.html

(2) Church service in Frankfort, Germany results in 40 infections: https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pan...church-service

(3) California church services linked to COVID 19 spread:https://www.latimes.com/california/s...hurch-services.

I know. Why they would even want to risk the safety of the congregants is beyond me.

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Many people, most I imagine, still have no idea how easily this virus is spread. One of the churches that decided to reopen recently had to close down again when 8 people in the church were infected, 3 of whom i believe died, including the priest himself.

The documentation at present links: church services, parties, bars and pubs, large meetings, extended care institution staff, hospital staff, beauty parlors and barber shops, celebrations in crowds, and sporting events have spread COVD 19, and the victims took the virus home and elsewhere. There are of course other crowded indoor activities that are known to spread the COVID 19.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-24-2020, 04:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Actually no, In closed buildings like in a church with a circulating heat/air when there is singing and congregational prayer social distancing in the building has caused the spread of COVID 19 virus.

Singing and shouting in in door events has been shown to spread the virus beyond social distancing.
    Many people, most I imagine, still have no idea how easily this virus is spread. One of the churches that decided to reopen recently had to close down again when 8 people in the church were infected, 3 of whom i believe died, including the priest himself.

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Laughing... yeah, church without singing and prayer.... that's a riot. If there is proper social distancing, singing and prayer are no problem at all.
    Actually no, In closed buildings like in a church with a circulating heat/air when there is singing and congregational prayer social distancing in the building has caused the spread of COVID 19 virus.

Singing and shouting in in door events has been shown to spread the virus beyond social distancing.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-24-2020, 06:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Whatever you want to tell yourself, CP.
    Goodnight, fibber.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    I'm relaxed, you're dishonest.
    Whatever you want to tell yourself, CP.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Okay CP, whatever you say. Relax.
    I'm relaxed, you're dishonest.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    It's right there in black and white what you said, then you claimed you said something else. It's there for everybody to see.
    Okay CP, whatever you say. Relax.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    You're not fooling anyone, CP. except perhaps yourself!
    It's right there in black and white what you said, then you claimed you said something else. It's there for everybody to see.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    It is, and I'm ashamed of you. I think this is about as low as I've seen you go in avoiding manning up.
    You're not fooling anyone, CP. except perhaps yourself!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    No, it's not dishonest of me, CP...
    It is, and I'm ashamed of you. I think this is about as low as I've seen you go in avoiding manning up.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Wow, talk about moving the goal posts, and outright LYING!!!! That's not what you said and you know it.

HERE is what you said....

It's dishonest for you to now claim that you said in church services.

You have sunk to a new low. And they aren't BANNED, Jim -- they are limited in scope.
    No, it's not dishonest of you, CP, it's dishonest of you to be playing semantical games. You know quite well we're talking about closing churches, banning crowds. And I never said they are banned, I said they can be banned by law. Again you're just playing semantical games.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Yep, that's what I said, and that is true, it is perfectly legal to ban in church services even if you refused to recognize it....
    Wow, talk about moving the goal posts, and outright LYING!!!! That's not what you said and you know it.

HERE is what you said....

...it is perfectly legal to ban church services....
    It's dishonest for you to now claim that you said in church services.

You have sunk to a new low. And they aren't BANNED, Jim -- they are limited in scope.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Who's "we", Jim? You're the one who made the idiot claim.
    Yep, I don't see anything about federal government there which was your, shall we say, mistaken assertion.

Here's EXACTLY what you said that started all of this....
    Yep, that's what I said, and that is true, it is perfectly legal to ban in church services even if you refused to recognize it.

Regardless of all your goofy spin, that's simply flat not true, and I've demonstrated that clearly from the very cite you posted. And NO WONDER you don't post cites! They don't back up your goofy claims.
    The omly goofy spin is coming from you, CP. It is perfectly legal to ban church services for public safety reasons so long as the churches are not unfairly targeted, and the ban is neutral.

Leave a comment: