Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

The suspicion was from a video of the prior night. Try again Patrick
    Patrick?

But, no, he was observed trespassing that day, and the McMichael clan recognized him from the video as the person who had trespassed on the property previously. That's what compelled them to go after him.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

He's using the name change thing that Mountain Man often does, in this case it is a reference to the Lutheran Satire videos where Donall and Conall call everyone "Patrick". This seems to be due to their first video being about St. Patrick.
      Also, Mountain Man routinely changes Starlight's name to Dimbulb, but mainly it's a Lutheran Satire reference.
      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

The guy wasn't innocently jogging through the neighborhood like the left claims. But I think most would agree he shouldn't have been shot.
        Actually false scenario concerning the house under construction. According to the home owners the above ranges from an extreme exaggeration to not true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          So it wasn't about "how serious the crime was", but out of concern that they would influence witnesses and obstruct justice.
          The judge also stated, in his bail ruling, that “there appears there was little or no attempt by the defendants to have a conversation with Arbery, nor was there an attempt to call the police”, which makes it difficult for defense to argue that this was a legal attempt at making a "citizens arrest".
          "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
          "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

That's not funny...
            The characters also go on to call everyone they encounter "Patrick" in a condescending way for the other videos. It's a little strange, but I thought the videos were kind of funny.

Comment

He's using the name change thing that Mountain Man often does, in this case it is a reference to the Lutheran Satire videos where Donall and Conall call everyone "Patrick". This seems to be due to their first video being about St. Patrick.
              I thought maybe it was a Spongebob reference.
              PatrickStar_467pin.png
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                The judge also stated, in his bail ruling, that “there appears there was little or no attempt by the defendants to have a conversation with Arbery, nor was there an attempt to call the police”, which makes it difficult for defense to argue that this was a legal attempt at making a "citizens arrest".
                And I have never supported that position -- your initial conclusion was simply wrong.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The characters also go on to call everyone they encounter "Patrick" in a condescending way for the other videos. It's a little strange, but I thought the videos were kind of funny.
                  Speaking as a Lutheran, I think the videos are hilarious. (the ones I've seen, anyway).

"My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                  "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Arbery was violently chased...
                    He was chased. That's a fact. "Violently chased" is your interpretation of the facts and not a fact itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

He was chased. That's a fact. "Violently chased" is your interpretation of the facts and not a fact itself.
                      But they didn't say "pretty please with ice cream and a cherry on top".
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Typically, if you have to explain a joke, it isn't funny...
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Actually false scenario concerning the house under construction. According to the home owners the above ranges from an extreme exaggeration to not true.
                          Only you, shunny, would respond to a post that's practically a year old. Only you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Patrick?

But, no, he was observed trespassing that day, and the McMichael clan recognized him from the video as the person who had trespassed on the property previously. That's what compelled them to go after him.
                            From the 9-1-1

“There’s a guy in the house right now; it’s under construction,” the man told the dispatcher.

The man then gave her an address.

“And you said someone’s breaking into it right now?” the dispatcher asked.

“No,” the man replied, “it’s all open. It’s under construction … “

The man interrupted to say Arbery was leaving. “And there he goes right now.”

“Ok,” the dispatcher said, “What is he doing?”

“He’s running down the street,” the man said. The next sentence is garbled.

“That’s fine,” the dispatcher said. “I’ll get (police) out there. I just need to know what he was doing wrong. Was he just on the premises and not supposed to be?”

The next sentence is garbled. “And he’s been caught on camera a bunch at night. It’s kind of an ongoing thing. The man building the house has got heart issues. I think he’s not going to finish it.”

The Brunswick Times

There's no immediate knowledge that a crime is being committed. Even if it was know the individual was indeed not supposed to be on the premises, trespassing itself isn't a felony and thus escaping from trespassing wouldn't fall under the jurisdiction of the citizen's arrest statute.

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

It was based on video surveillance of a prior night. Regarding the grounds of suspension, the statutes reads that the individual has to be attempting to escape a felony to justify a citizen's arrest. The defence rests on the citizen's arrest being legitimate.
                              Or being "deputized" by local law enforcement who told the property owner to call him first if there was more suspicious activity, since he could arrive sooner than a squad car.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Only you, shunny, would respond to a post that's practically a year old. Only you.
                                Knowing shuny, he probably thinks it's a recent thread.

Comment