Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Well, first of all, YOU don't get to decide which facts are "of the case itself" and which issues are "side issues".
    Of course I do. When you bring in side issues that have nothing to do with the actual facts of what went down in the actual incident such as Arbery's past, or that he should have known better than to be in that neighborhood, those are not relevant to the facts of the case.

A) You cannot be trusted to be objective
    2) You cannot be trusted to be lay out the case honestly
    C) I'm glad to see you admit you have a narrative
    So says you.

Never EVER said that, and it's either stupidity, ignorance or just plain outright dishonesty to represent it that way, Jim.

Lie. He was murdered because some white dudes apparently took the law into their own hands and it went bad real fast. Period.
    You brought it up.
    I really wish you had more integrity.
    Ironic.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Of course I do.
      Nope. You simply can't be trusted.

When you bring in side issues that have nothing to do with the actual facts
      You STILL don't get to decide which facts are "actual facts".

of what went down in the actual incident such as Arbery's past, or that he should have known better than to be in that neighborhood, those are not relevant to the facts of the case.
      This is a discussion board - stop trying to be the post nazi.

So says you.
      Yes. Yes, I do.

Never EVER said that, and it's either stupidity, ignorance or just plain outright dishonesty to represent it that way, Jim.
      You left that one in there, so I allowed it to be reposted, cause it's SO good!

You brought it up.
      I did, but you perverted it beyond what I said, either because
      A) you're getting more and more like Trump every day, and you simply cannot tell the truth
      2) you're too stupid to understand what I said
      3) you're just doing that thing again where you're the kid in class who needs attention, and "bad attention" is attention.

Ironic.
      Peanut butter.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
        It needs to be read in context.
        That's exactly why I use the quote function, which automatically inserts a hyperlink.

(you keep winking like that and your face might stick that way)
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Comment

• Any news yet on when this is going to trial?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
              Any news yet on when this is going to trial?
              Things like this sometimes don't go to trial - a plea deal is often reached with prosecution. We shall see.

Comment

Things like this sometimes don't go to trial - a plea deal is often reached with prosecution. We shall see.
                That would be weak.

Comment

That would be weak.
                  How so?

Comment

How so?
                    I assume because it would deny an outraged public their pound of flesh. They want to see the McMichaels proverbially drawn and quartered in a public trial, and anything less will be blasted as a "coverup" and injustice.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

How so?
                      Because I don't think it is right and just for the city mayor to bail out the police for their horrendous scandale.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        I assume because it would deny an outraged public their pound of flesh. They want to see the McMichaels proverbially drawn and quartered in a public trial, and anything less will be blasted as a "coverup" and injustice.
                        Of couse the fact that you create a straw man has nothing to do with you trying to justify anything at all. Of course not. Who would even think so?

I hope you see how that very post along with all the others put into perspective how you are certainly on a particlar side when it comes to this.

Comment

Because I don't think it is right and just for the city mayor to bail out the police for their horrendous scandale.
                          I don't think you understand the process, Leon. The city mayor has nothing to do with this. It would be between the district attorney, the defense attorney and the judge.

Often what happens is that the prosecution will the maximum sentence they can justify, or even one just above that, and the defense attorney might bargain with the prosecution for a lower charge. If the defendants accept a plea deal - pleading guilty to a lesser (but still substantial) charge, then the expense of a trial is saved, and justices is considered to have been done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                            Of couse the fact that you create a straw man has nothing to do with you trying to justify anything at all. Of course not. Who would even think so?

I hope you see how that very post along with all the others put into perspective how you are certainly on a particlar side when it comes to this.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I don't think you understand the process, Leon. The city mayor has nothing to do with this. It would be between the district attorney, the defense attorney and the judge.

Often what happens is that the prosecution will the maximum sentence they can justify, or even one just above that, and the defense attorney might bargain with the prosecution for a lower charge. If the defendants accept a plea deal - pleading guilty to a lesser (but still substantial) charge, then the expense of a trial is saved, and justices is considered to have been done.
                              Where would the seven digit bail out money fee come from? Mother goose? Or the taxpayers?

Comment

Where would the seven digit bail out money fee come from? Mother goose? Or the taxpayers?
                                Bail money can come from any number of sources. There are bail bond agencies that, in effect, provide the bail tied to a very hefty fee or interest rate, or friends can raise the money. Also, it's very common for bail to be set at X, but allowed to be lowered to 10%X on personal recognizance.

Bail, or bond, or "performance bond" is money required to guaranty that the accused will show up for court. If the accused shows up for court, the money is usually returned. If the accused does not show up for court, the money is forfeited.

Comment