Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DOJ drops all charges against Michael Flynn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But wouldn't that fall under fruit from the poisoned tree?
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      But wouldn't that fall under fruit from the poisoned tree?
      Been sayin that all along.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Sounds like he's getting his cue from the MSM which commonly proclaims that Flynn was convicted of perjury.
        What's in a name? It's illegal to lie to the FBI whether you are under oath or not. It amounts to the same thing as perjury and Flynn knows that.

Comment

Sounds like he's getting his cue from the MSM which commonly proclaims that Flynn was convicted of perjury.
          If you listen to the recent "leaked" phone call from Obama, it's interesting how closely Sullivan's actions align with Obama's talking points.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
            I wonder why Powell did not immediately seek the reprobate Sullivan's recusal when he made his horrible remarks at the sentencing hearing. That seems a serious lapse in judgment.
            Based on what I've read, Federal courts work a little differently than civil courts in that both the prosecution and the defense must file appeals to have a judge removed, and there was no chance of that while the prosecution was still gunning for Flynn. It might be an option now, though, but I'm sure there are other considerations.

Comment

• Can you be charged with perjury when statements were made under duress?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Can you be charged with perjury when statements were made under duress?
                Yes, you can be charged, but no reasonable judge/jury....
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  And there's the problem. Sullivan has not shown himself to be a reasonable judge.

Comment

And there's the problem. Sullivan has not shown himself to be a reasonable judge.
                    His prior statements alone should have made an honorable judge recuse himself.

Comment

Essentially, you can be charged with anything.

I took a couple criminal law classes back in my college days the professor put forth the following scenario (which I'm paraphrasing);

Let's say that a homeowner hears someone break into his house in the middle of the night and arms himself as he goes to investigate and from the top of the stairs sees someone skulking about with what appears to be a pistol in his hand. The homeowner switches on the lights and sees that the person, who he does not recognize, is indeed armed, and orders him to drop his weapon. Instead the intruder, without saying a word, spins around and draws a bead on the homeowner. Not wanting to get shot the homeowner opens fire first.

It turns out that the intruder is a police officer. He was not wearing anything that indicated this. He didn't identify himself as a police officer. And while he had a warrant it turns out that he misread the address and entered the wrong house.

Can the homeowner be arrested and charged with shooting the officer.

The answer is yes.

Even though the owner did absolutely nothing wrong, if you shoot a cop you can pretty much expected to be arrested and possibly even charged at least until things get sorted out.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Essentially, you can be charged with anything.

I took a couple criminal law classes back in my college days the professor put forth the following scenario (which I'm paraphrasing);

Let's say that a homeowner hears someone break into his house in the middle of the night and arms himself as he goes to investigate and from the top of the stairs sees someone skulking about with what appears to be a pistol in his hand. The homeowner switches on the lights and sees that the person, who he does not recognize, is indeed armed, and orders him to drop his weapon. Instead the intruder, without saying a word, spins around and draws a bead on the homeowner. Not wanting to get shot the homeowner opens fire first.

It turns out that the intruder is a police officer. He was not wearing anything that indicated this. He didn't identify himself as a police officer. And while he had a warrant it turns out that he misread the address and entered the wrong house.

Can the homeowner be arrested and charged with shooting the officer.

The answer is yes.

Even though the owner did absolutely nothing wrong, if you shoot a cop you can pretty much expected to be arrested and possibly even charged at least until things get sorted out.
                        And being indicted is even easier - as they say in legal circles, "you can indict a ham sandwich". I've seen in the past somebody here posting that somebody has GOT to be guilty, because they were "indicted".

Comment

I've seen in the past somebody here posting that somebody has GOT to be guilty, because they were "indicted".
                          And in response, I like to point out that every person who was ever been declared not guilty by a court was indicted at some point.

Comment

And in response, I like to point out that every person who was ever been declared not guilty by a court was indicted at some point.
                            EGGzackly, and many case, the reason is because of prosecutorial misconduct, or, at the minimum, shoddy detective work.

Comment

• Turley politely says Sullivan was nutty to not accept the DOJ's request to drop charges, nuttier to suggest perjury charges for Flynn's seeking to withdraw his plea, nuttiest to invite amicus briefs, and nuttiester in his bringing in Gleeson.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                                But wouldn't that fall under fruit from the poisoned tree?
                                https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcrmp/rule_11

Comment