Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DOJ drops all charges against Michael Flynn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    There was an ongoing investigation into the Russian interference and that would include Flynn and his conversations with Kislyak.
    And more we learn about it, the more we learn that there was no predicate to investigate anything having to do with the Trump administration! James Clapper said in July 2017 that there was not a lick of evidence linking the Trump campaign to the Russians. We've also learned that the Steele Dossier was filled to brim with Russian disinformation, and it was paid for by Hillary and the Democrats! You want to find Russian collusion? I suggest we start there.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      I've never fired someone on the world stage and accused them of a felony without all the facts, no.
      But, hey, this is Trump we're talking about.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        And more we learn about it, the more we learn that there was no predicate to investigate anything having to do with the Trump administration! James Clapper said in July 2017 that there was not a lick of evidence linking the Trump campaign to the Russians. We've also learned that the Steele Dossier was filled to brim with Russian disinformation, and it was paid for by Hillary and the Democrats! You want to find Russian collusion? I suggest we start there.
        You don't seriously believe that facts matter to the HateTrumpAllTheTime crowd, do you?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And more we learn about it, the more we learn that there was no predicate to investigate anything having to do with the Trump administration! James Clapper said in July 2017 that there was not a lick of evidence linking the Trump campaign to the Russians.
          Jesus calls you to be truthful in spirit, not just in technicality

YATES: Well, I think that Director Clapper also said that he was unaware of the FBI counter intelligence investigations.

We've also learned that the Steele Dossier was filled to brim with Russian disinformation, and it was paid for by Hillary and the Democrats! You want to find Russian collusion? I suggest we start there.
          Don't embarrass yourself MM. *Everyone with a brain* knew that *some* of the info in the dossier was Russian disinformation. Anyone shocked to discover that just doesn't understand how these things work. I wonder why Breitbart et al. didn't explain that to you...

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
            Jesus calls you to be truthful in spirit, not just in technicality

YATES: Well, I think that Director Clapper also said that he was unaware of the FBI counter intelligence investigations.
            Now you get to point out how I was being untruthful. Clapper said, "I never saw any direct empirical evidence that the Trump campaign or someone in it was plotting/conspiring with the Russians to meddle with the election," which is what I said he said.

Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
            *Everyone with a brain* knew that *some* of the info in the dossier was Russian disinformation.
            Not merely "some". Pretty much the entire thing from top to bottom was a product of Russian misinformation.

Comment

Now you get to point out how I was being untruthful. Clapper said, "I never saw any direct empirical evidence that the Trump campaign or someone in it was plotting/conspiring with the Russians to meddle with the election," which is what I said he said.
              You said

James Clapper said in July 2017 that there was not a lick of evidence linking the Trump campaign to the Russians.

At *best* you can say *he* said *he* was unaware of any such evidence, and that immediately after expressed that he acknowledged he couldn't speak for additional sources of information he didn't have access to (and which Sally Yates implied *did* have such information).

Not merely "some". Pretty much the entire thing from top to bottom was a product of Russian misinformation.
              *That* has not been substantiated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                You don't seriously believe that facts matter to the HateTrumpAllTheTime crowd, do you?
                Well, just like treasonous lying leader that you support, the facts obviously don't matter to you Trumpsters.
                Last edited by JimL; 05-08-2020, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                  ...which Sally Yates implied *did* have such information.
                  No she didn't. She gave a typical "I can neither confirm nor deny" answer from which nothing can be inferred.

Comment

No she didn't. She gave a typical "I can neither confirm nor deny" answer from which nothing can be inferred.

No she didn't. Are you suggesting that saying 'no' would reveal classified information? Clapper just said 'no'!

Comment

Instead of reading the nonsense and political spin coming out of Breitbart, or at least along with reading Breitbart, you should actually read the FBI regulations, MM. The notion that the FBI can't investigate whether or not someone is a Russian agent unless it already has evidence that the person is a Russian agent, is ridiculous on its face. It is simply a crime to make materially false statements in any matter within the juristiction of the FBI, there need not be an open investigation in order that one make a materially false statement. Don't let them make you look like an idiot, fact check!

Oh, and the part about "they were going to close the investigation". So what, an investigation can be closed and re-opened at any time. Atty Gen Barr, and Trump, they think you're all stupid and that you'll just accept whatever nonsense they throw at you. Fact check!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Your boss claims to be a Republican? You realize he's rather infamous for lying, yes?

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          Flynn twice, under oath, admitted his crimes.

That's a summary which omits enough relevant context so as to be deceptive.
                          ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post

No she didn't. Are you suggesting that saying 'no' would reveal classified information? Clapper just said 'no'!
                            Simply saying "yes" wouldn't reveal classified information. She was avoiding the question.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Right, she didn't answer, from which nothing can be inferred.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                                Flynn twice, under oath, admitted his crimes.
                                It's not a question of what he did but why he did it. At the time of his "confession", the FBI had presented him with falsified evidence "proving" that he had lied. Even if he could perfectly remember what he had said during the original ambush interview, it was his word against the FBI's official record, meaning he was pretty much screwed at that point. But then the FBI tightened the screws a little more by threatening to prosecute his son for something unrelated.

So, yes, he confessed, but it was coerced.

Comment