Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DOJ drops all charges against Michael Flynn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More details from AG Barr:

Q: Does the new evidence show that the counterintelligence case against General Flynn was simply left open to lay a trap for lying?

BARR: Yes. Essentially.

Lots more at the link. Again, required reading for anybody who wants a look at the nitty-gritty details. It's a wide ranging interview that covered a lot of topics. I've only highlighted a tiny portion that relates to the Flynn case.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      ♦ Q: So the White House became aware of the decision when it filed today?

BARR: Yes.

♦ Q: Not earlier?

BARR: No.
      Do you *really* believe this?

Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
        Do you *really* believe this?
        Yes.

Let's turn this back on you: Do you have evidence that Barr is lying?

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          So you're a bad guy, Trump's a bad guy, and you're fine with that situation.

I think that was what DivineOb was suggesting was the problem with the US.
          Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Nothing like self incrimination.
          I am honestly pleased when my positions cause infidels and liberal "Christians" to consider me to be "incriminat(ing)" myself as a "bad guy" and a "problem" for the US. It tells me I'm on the right track.

On another matter, has anyone even looked at the Turley pages I linked? I mean, c'mon, at least make the effort to briefly blink at one of them, and then loudly write the guy off as a dishonest and incompetent scholar.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Yes.

Let's turn this back on you: Do you have evidence that Barr is lying?
            Yes. We know he lied about the Mueller report, and we know he's lied in other cases.

Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

Comment

We know he lied about the Mueller report...
              Two problems here:

1) Your source does not support your accusation since no specifics are given. It's just a general attempt to smear Barr.
              2) Even if we accept for the sake of argument that Barr lied in the past, that does not in any way prove that he's lying now.

Which brings us back to: Do you have any evidence that Barr is lying when he says that the White House was not given a heads up about the decision to dismiss charges against General Flynn? I'm going to assume the answer is no, because if you did, then you wouldn't have presented something completely unrelated.

Comment

Two problems here:

1) Your source does not support your accusation since no specifics are given. It's just a general attempt to smear Barr.
                We have the word of the judge. That counts for a lot.

2) Even if we accept for the sake of argument that Barr lied in the past, that does not in any way prove that he's lying now.

Which brings us back to: Do you have any evidence that Barr is lying when he says that the White House was not given a heads up about the decision to dismiss charges against General Flynn? I'm going to assume the answer is no, because if you did, then you wouldn't have presented something completely unrelated.
                I remember seeing something in my Twitter feed but I can't find any news source reporting on what I saw. So, no, I don't have direct evidence.

Comment

We have the word of the judge. That counts for a lot.
                  Judges are not infallible or immune to bias, so I would appreciate more than just his word.

I don't have direct evidence.
                  Was that so hard to admit?

Comment

Judges are not infallible or immune to bias, so I would appreciate more than just his word.
                    And we'll get it! He's considering whether to unredact additional portions of the Mueller report and then we'll know for sure.

Was that so hard to admit?
                    No, that's why I admitted it :).

Comment

Now this is big!

Yesterday the Department of Justice released a number of documents backing up the decision to drop the criminal case against General Michael Flynn. In them, it was revealed President Barack Obama was in on the Flynn takedown, knew about the FBI wiretapping his phone in 2016 and asked whether his case should be "treated differently" moving forward. He even took the time to brief then-Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, in the Oval Office, on what he knew.

"This is Barack Obama's blue dress," [Mark] Levin said holding up the documents. "Let me explain what I mean. We're supposed to believe that during the Obama administration the FBI went rogue. The Department of Justice went rogue. The CIA went rogue. The DNI went rogue. The NSA went rogue. We have all these leaks in the newspapers, The New York Times and the Washington Post that anybody can read and see and Barack Obama didn't know anything? Poor Barack Obama, poor Joe Biden. The fact of the matter is, they've never been asked. They've never been asked about any roll they've had."

"This is a massive coverup of the greatest scandal in American history. We expect and we don't like it when the Russians interfere with our elections, or the Chinese or the Iranians or the North Koreans, they're the enemy and they ought to pay for it. But we don't expect the Obama administration and the Democrats to interfere with elections, to send spies into the opposition party's campaign. To lie to a federal court, to fix evidence...that's why all along I've been calling this a silent coup," he continued. "This tells us that Obama knew...the fact of the matter is Barack Obama knew all about this."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...dress-n2568446

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        You had been doing so much better, Jim, but now you've reverted to the snits and personal attacks. What's up?
                        And you call Charles the nanny, CP. Mirror, mirror!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          And you call Charles the nanny, CP. Mirror, mirror!
                          Why so touch lately, Jim?
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Now this is big!

Yesterday the Department of Justice released a number of documents backing up the decision to drop the criminal case against General Michael Flynn. In them, it was revealed President Barack Obama was in on the Flynn takedown, knew about the FBI wiretapping his phone in 2016 and asked whether his case should be "treated differently" moving forward. He even took the time to brief then-Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, in the Oval Office, on what he knew.

"This is Barack Obama's blue dress," [Mark] Levin said holding up the documents. "Let me explain what I mean. We're supposed to believe that during the Obama administration the FBI went rogue. The Department of Justice went rogue. The CIA went rogue. The DNI went rogue. The NSA went rogue. We have all these leaks in the newspapers, The New York Times and the Washington Post that anybody can read and see and Barack Obama didn't know anything? Poor Barack Obama, poor Joe Biden. The fact of the matter is, they've never been asked. They've never been asked about any roll they've had."

"This is a massive coverup of the greatest scandal in American history. We expect and we don't like it when the Russians interfere with our elections, or the Chinese or the Iranians or the North Koreans, they're the enemy and they ought to pay for it. But we don't expect the Obama administration and the Democrats to interfere with elections, to send spies into the opposition party's campaign. To lie to a federal court, to fix evidence...that's why all along I've been calling this a silent coup," he continued. "This tells us that Obama knew...the fact of the matter is Barack Obama knew all about this."

And there will be more documents to come, from what I've been told.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Now this is big!

Fake news. Don't you remember the mustard scandal?

When should we expect arrests to occur?

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                                When should we expect arrests to occur?
                                Hopefully, not before some sort of investigation and/or charges being filed.

Comment