Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DOJ drops all charges against Michael Flynn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Not one of Judge Sullivan's prouder moments. But to be fair, he wasn't aware at the time that the FBI had falsified the evidence and coerced General Flynn into a false confession.
    Right, and in all this time it never dawned on Flynn that hey, I couuldn't have admitted to having spoken to Kislyak, I can't even remember if I even spoke to Kislyak, why would I have admitted to it. You're as gullible as they come, MM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Though, like CP, you continue to defend and support him.
      I'm just not consumed with hatred for him like you have admitted to being, Jim. And what I defend is when the psycho loony left goes WAY beyond the facts in attacking Trump. You tend to do this - it's in your rhetoric, your exaggeration, your false statements. So, yeah, I defend him against that crap.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Being a one time defender of the law, it should be heartbreaking news to you as well.
        "Being a one time defender of the law"? I see you're on one of your snitfests.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

...You're a birdbrain, MM.....
          You had been doing so much better, Jim, but now you've reverted to the snits and personal attacks. What's up?

Comment

Attorney General William Barr explains it for the slow kids in the class:

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Those who are consumed with hate will not be able to read this with clear heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Those who are consumed with hate will not be able to read this with clear heads.
                That's their problem.

Comment

Which is an explanation meant for the ears of the ignorant. Oh sure, he lied to the FBI, but Barr has decided that the lie wasn't material to a legitimate investigation. Aske yourself what he lied about, and then tell me how it wasn't material to a legitimate investigation. Not material means irrelevant, not important. If he lied about what kind of ice cream he liked chocolate or vanilla, then that would be immaterial to the investigation. Barr is trying to make you believe that the investigation itself was illigitimate therefore Flynn is free to lie all he wants, not that he didn't lie, not that he didn't know he was lying, not that he didn't know that what he was admitting to having done was illegal.
                  Last edited by JimL; 05-08-2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Those who are naively biased will be easily taken in by it.

Comment

Those who are naively biased will be easily taken in by it.
                      So that's TWO strikes against you.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                        Right, and in all this time it never dawned on Flynn that hey, I couuldn't have admitted to having spoken to Kislyak, I can't even remember if I even spoke to Kislyak, why would I have admitted to it. You're as gullible as they come, MM.
                        I can see you haven't kept up with this case, which is understandable because it has flown under the radar for most people.

When Flynn originally spoke with FBI agents, it was presented as just a friendly interdepartmental chitchat. He was never told that it was a formal investigative interview, he was never told that imprecise answers could be regarded as perjury, and he was discouraged from bringing a lawyer. Nevertheless, the agents who conducted the interview believed that Flynn had been truthful.

When the FBI interviewed Flynn the second time in the presence of his lawyers, they had the notes from the first interview which had been falsified to make it appear that Flynn had made definitive false statements when he hadn't, against which Flynn had no defense -- even if he could clearly remember what he had said during the first ambush interview, it was his word against the "official" interview notes. The FBI also threatened to prosecute Flynn's son for an unrelated crime if the General didn't confess.

Do you suppose Flynn would have confessed if he knew the FBI didn't think he had lied and had falsified the evidence against him? I don't think so. What about you?
                        Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-08-2020, 11:41 AM.

Comment

You had been doing so much better, Jim, but now you've reverted to the snits and personal attacks. What's up?
                          Oh, go easy on him. It can't be easy for liberals to watch their anti-Trump hopes and dreams repeatedly come crashing down.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            Which is an explanation meant for the ears of the ignorant.
                            You're right. And it's a shame that ignoramuses like you refuse to listen.

Comment

Oh, go easy on him. It can't be easy for liberals to watch their anti-Trump hopes and dreams repeatedly come crashing down.
                              I heard somebody yesterday explaining why liberals are so filled with hate....

A) Hillary lost
                              2) A low-life scumbag deplorable beat her.

(Yeah, yeah, I know -- that antiquated Electoral College thing -- not like Hillary was a horrible candidate on her own)

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                                Because they threatened to go after his son. Intelligence community doing what they do best.

Comment