Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DOJ drops all charges against Michael Flynn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What?

I said "Flynn lied"
    You said "Pence changed his mind"
    I said "There are no backsies in something of this nature and magnitude, especially given that Flynn confirmed that he lied"

How *exactly* have I moved the goalposts?

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      What?

I said "Flynn lied"
      You said "Pence changed his mind"
      I said "There are no backsies in something of this nature and magnitude, especially given that Flynn confirmed that he lied"

How *exactly* have I moved the goalposts?
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
        And that means both Pence *and* Trump blew it on this one.
        That's probably true, but to be fair, they also didn't know the depths of the FBI's corruption at the time and that the agency had falsified the evidence against General Flynn.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          That's probably true, but to be fair, they also didn't know the depths of the FBI's corruption at the time and that the agency had falsified the evidence against General Flynn.
          Yes they did. They knew it because Flynn told them that the FBI was railroading him but that he had to go along with it in order to protect his son.

Comment

• Flynn made it absolutely clear that he lied and he knew it when at his plea hearing he first, admitted to lying, and second, that he couldn't go back on the guilty plea once agreeing to it. The Judge asked Flynn "Do you understand that by continuing with your guilty plea you are forever forfeiting the right to challenge the circumstances under which you were interviewed. How is that not cased closed!

Comment

• Sullivan is one corrupt son of a gun. He's asked one of his friends, a retired judge, to basically stand in as prosecutor and file a brief arguing for Flynn's prosecution. Is Sullivan signaling that he's too incompetent to make the decision on his own? Or is he trying cover his but if he rules against Flynn, and it inevitably blows up in his face?

Even worse, Sullivan is trying to up the charge to perjury despite the fact that Flynn's statements were not made under oath.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...michael-flynn/

Comment

Sullivan is one corrupt son of a gun. He's asked one of his friends, a retired judge, to basically stand in as prosecutor and file a brief arguing for Flynn's prosecution. Is Sullivan signaling that he's too incompetent to make the decision on his own? Or is he trying cover his but if he rules against Flynn, and it inevitably blows up in his face?

Even worse, Sullivan is trying to up the charge to perjury despite the fact that Flynn's statements were not made under oath.

Cry harder, MM. The good guys won this one.

Comment

The good guys won this one.
                  Not yet they haven't.

By the way, the Supreme Court recently ruled that a court using amicus briefs to get the argument it wants is an "abuse of discretion".

Sullivan the Corrupt needs to tread carefully, or he's going to find himself slapped down by a higher court.

Comment

Sullivan is one corrupt son of a gun. He's asked one of his friends, a retired judge, to basically stand in as prosecutor and file a brief arguing for Flynn's prosecution. Is Sullivan signaling that he's too incompetent to make the decision on his own? Or is he trying cover his but if he rules against Flynn, and it inevitably blows up in his face?

Aaw what's the matter, MM? You afraid of a little a legal challenge to the corrupt DOJ's new and corrupt position.

MM, Flynn forever gave up the right to challenge the circumstances under which he was interviewed with his guilty plea. That's what his team is now challenging!
                    Last edited by JimL; 05-13-2020, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Not yet they haven't.

By the way, the Supreme Court recently ruled that a court using amicus briefs to get the argument it wants is an "abuse of discretion".

Sullivan the Corrupt needs to tread carefully, or he's going to find himself slapped down by a higher court.
                      I'll let you in on a secret.

He's doing what he's doing in order to draaag this ooout as long as possible in a way which prevents Barr from interfering.

That's why he's asking for amicus briefs "at some future time" which hasn't been announced yet. That's why he's going to allow for tons of input and take his sweet time considering all the input he gets.

Comment

I'll let you in on a secret.

He's doing what he's doing in order to draaag this ooout as long as possible in a way which prevents Barr from interfering.

That's why he's asking for amicus briefs "at some future time" which hasn't been announced yet. That's why he's going to allow for tons of input and take his sweet time considering all the input he gets.
                        The corrupt machinations of a corrupt magistrate. I suspect Powell and the DOJ will seek relief from a higher court rather than let Sullivan perpetrate a miscarriage of justice.

Comment

The corrupt machinations of a corrupt magistrate. I suspect Powell and the DOJ will seek relief from a higher court rather than let Sullivan perpetrate a miscarriage of justice.
                          The corrupt Atty Gen will do whatever Trump wants him to do in order to get his guy off and if the ploy doesn't work, Trump will call it a deep state sham and pardon Flynn because neither of them have any respect for the rule of law.

Atty Gen Barr did the same for Roger Stone, stepping in to lower the sentence recommendation of the prosecuters the day after Trump tweeted what an unfair sentence it was. Banana republic here we come!
                          Last edited by JimL; 05-14-2020, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Sounds like he's getting his cue from the MSM which commonly proclaims that Flynn was convicted of perjury.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I wonder why Powell did not immediately seek the reprobate Sullivan's recusal when he made his horrible remarks at the sentencing hearing. That seems a serious lapse in judgment.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Sounds like he's getting his cue from the MSM which commonly proclaims that Flynn was convicted of perjury.

Comment