Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lab Leak: The conspiracy theory is shaping up to look like real possibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    Yet Fauci funneled money into their research.
    Interesting. I don't recall ever claiming the latter. Nor do I remember seeing many people claim the latter. Most said the former, and got attacked and smeared by the media, social media, and liberals like yourself, as conspiracy theorists, racists who hate Chinese people, etc., for suggesting it, and had our suggestions conflated with the latter dishonestly by people who couldn't handle the idea that Trump might have said something correct.
    Some are out there still claiming that it is racist to wonder if the Chicom coronavirus might have originated from a lab like the clown the New York Times put in charge of reporting on the plague.

Yup. The very idea that the virus originated from a lab is racist. So much for "investigative reporting" from the so-called paper of record.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yet Fauci funneled money into their research.

Interesting. I don't recall ever claiming the latter. Nor do I remember seeing many people claim the latter. Most said the former, and got attacked and smeared by the media, social media, and liberals like yourself, as conspiracy theorists, racists who hate Chinese people, etc., for suggesting it, and had our suggestions conflated with the latter dishonestly by people who couldn't handle the idea that Trump might have said something correct.
      If I was china and wanted to attack the west with a bioweapon, I'd do it exactly the way it happened. Then I'd come up with a cover story about a wet market. Just in case that didn't work and folks saw right through that, I'd have a back-up cover story using the same concept (careless mishandling of infected bats) only as an "accidental" lab leak. This is why we should be skeptical of accidental as opposed to deliberate and not let the shills drown out the deliberate bioweapon theory form those with evidence it was engineered. Though the origin theory is still up for grabs, evidence clearly indicates they deliberately wanted it to spread worldwide. If they wanted it to spread worldwide, there's no reason to think any of this wasn't deliberate.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Some are out there still claiming that it is racist to wonder if the Chicom coronavirus might have originated from a lab
        The numbers may be declining...

“I deleted my earlier tweets about the origins of the pandemic because they were badly phrased. The origin of the pandemic is an important line of reporting that my colleagues are covering aggressively,” wrote Mandavilli, who primarily covers the pandemic for the paper of record.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
          If I was china and wanted to attack the west with a bioweapon, I'd do it exactly the way it happened. Then I'd come up with a cover story about a wet market.
          If I wanted people to believe that it started in a wet market, I'd have started it in a wet market.

Just in case that didn't work and folks saw right through that, I'd have a back-up cover story using the same concept (careless mishandling of infected bats) only as an "accidental" lab leak. This is why we should be skeptical of accidental as opposed to deliberate and not let the shills drown out the deliberate bioweapon theory form those with evidence it was engineered. Though the origin theory is still up for grabs, evidence clearly indicates they deliberately wanted it to spread worldwide. If they wanted it to spread worldwide, there's no reason to think any of this wasn't deliberate.
          I haven't seen any evidence that they deliberately wanted it to spread worldwide, that couldn't be explained by stupidity or a misguided attempt to save face.

And I still can't think of a good reason for why they would want it to spread worldwide.

Comment

If I was china and wanted to attack the west with a bioweapon, I'd do it exactly the way it happened...
            I'd be sure that the patient zero wasn't in my country. Let someone else take that heat.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
              If I wanted people to believe that it started in a wet market, I'd have started it in a wet market.

I haven't seen any evidence that they deliberately wanted it to spread worldwide, that couldn't be explained by stupidity or a misguided attempt to save face.

And I still can't think of a good reason for why they would want it to spread worldwide.
              If I started it at a wet market, and it was proven to be bioengineered, that might present a bit of a problem (i.e. if it was bioengineered, how and why did it start at a wet market?). If it's proven it was bioengineered then the "lab leak accident" will suffice as a cover against deliberate intent.

Comment

I'd be sure that the patient zero wasn't in my country. Let someone else take that heat.
                That might be problematic when the story about gain of function of coronavirus research at the Wuhan lab in china broke. In fact, that would make the intent more clear.

Comment

If I started it at a wet market, and it was proven to be bioengineered, that might present a bit of a problem (i.e. if it was bioengineered, how and why did it start at a wet market?). If it's proven it was bioengineered then the "lab leak accident" will suffice as a cover against deliberate intent.
                  All you are proving is that there is nothing that would convince you that it was an accident, since any evidence that it was an accident will be met with "but that's exactly what they would do to make it look like an accident!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

All you are proving is that there is nothing that would convince you that it was an accident, since any evidence that it was an accident will be met with "but that's exactly what they would do to make it look like an accident!"
                    Personally, the implication they wanted it to spread is enough for me to justify military action, even if it was an accident. If it's proven it was bioengineered on top of that... case closed. It would be difficult to rationalize using gain of function to bioengineer a deadly virus other than as a weapon, especially, as another user pointed out earlier, the chinese military was involved. Even china's leftist shills would struggle to justify that one. But it doesn't matter at all what I believe. My concern is that since it would prove Trump's aggressive stance against china was correct, Biden, his TDS leftist pro-china shills, WHO, and MSM will keep doing china's bidding by frustrating the possibility of that scenario -- that it was bioengineered -- as much they can. And that's exactly what they're doing now.

Comment

That might be problematic when the story about gain of function of coronavirus research at the Wuhan lab in china broke. In fact, that would make the intent more clear.
                      If I were to release a virus it sure wouldn't be one that everyone and their brother knew I was working with. Or within a thousand miles of the lab where the work was done.

Of course if the Keystone Kops were running the show that is exactly what I'd expect

Comment

If I were to release a virus it sure wouldn't be one that everyone and their brother knew I was working with. Or within a thousand miles of the lab where the work was done.

Of course if the Keystone Kops were running the show that is exactly what I'd expect
                        You've actually proved my point. If it's an "accidental leak" narrative, the very narrative you and the left are pushing, this solves that issue.
                        Last edited by seanD; 05-31-2021, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• I don't know if it was natural or bioengineered in some manner. I don't think we will ever find out unless someone defects from the CCP with evidence.

I do know with pretty high certainty that it came from the lab (deliberate or accidental is also something we may never know).

I also know that China has worked hard to commit countless human rights violations against doctors who started seeing the effects of the virus in the local community.

And that China worked very hard to influence the WHO into ignoring warnings from Taiwan as well as into pushing the CCP lie that it was not transmissible between humans.

And that China was putting lockdowns into place internally while it used its money and influence to browbeat countries across the world to not put into place travel restrictions FROM China (and influenced them to attack Trump and his administration's travel ban), until it was far too late to stop this from spreading worldwide.

And that China has worked for the last year or so to try to push the lie of 'wet market origin', while also simultaneously pushing conspiracy theories that the US was responsible for it

And that China's military, several years ago, discussed using a contagious coronavirus (like SARS at the time) as a bioweapon to overwhelm an enemy's medical systems.

WHen you add all those together without a lab origin, it's pretty damning and something the CCP should be punished for, but it's even moreso WITH the lab origin (whether natural or bioengineered).

Comment

I don't know if it was natural or bioengineered in some manner. I don't think we will ever find out unless someone defects from the CCP with evidence.

I do know with pretty high certainty that it came from the lab (deliberate or accidental is also something we may never know).

I also know that China has worked hard to commit countless human rights violations against doctors who started seeing the effects of the virus in the local community.

And that China worked very hard to influence the WHO into ignoring warnings from Taiwan as well as into pushing the CCP lie that it was not transmissible between humans.

And that China was putting lockdowns into place internally while it used its money and influence to browbeat countries across the world to not put into place travel restrictions FROM China (and influenced them to attack Trump and his administration's travel ban), until it was far too late to stop this from spreading worldwide.

And that China has worked for the last year or so to try to push the lie of 'wet market origin', while also simultaneously pushing conspiracy theories that the US was responsible for it

And that China's military, several years ago, discussed using a contagious coronavirus (like SARS at the time) as a bioweapon to overwhelm an enemy's medical systems.

WHen you add all those together without a lab origin, it's pretty damning and something the CCP should be punished for, but it's even moreso WITH the lab origin (whether natural or bioengineered).
                            Don't forget Dr. Li-Meng Ya's accusations. Though one might argue she may have some political conflict of interest (I'm sure the leftist shills will), it's part of that cumulative of evidence.

Comment

You've actually proved my point. If it's an "accidental leak" narrative, the very narrative you and the left are pushing, this solves that issue.
                              Do tell. Exactly how did I do that?

Comment

• The scary thing is I am betting that even if COVID did come from a lab in China, it doesn't mean that the Chinese are going to stop experimenting with dangerous viruses or become any safer in the way that they do. COVID wasn't the first new virus that has come out of China. Several varieties of flu have originated in China as well as SARS. The country is a freaking petri dish of diseases, and lax hygiene/safety protocols.

Comment