Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Donald Trump and the Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now scientists at CDC and WHO are rushing to combat Trump's advice as well as battling corona virus. Battling two epidemic simultaneously is the nightmare scenario which has kept public health officials worried for decades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
      (6) He has suggested that Coronavirus can be treated by injecting bleach.
      Disinfectants in general. And he speculated and then covered himself by suggesting that should be investigated. And yes, he's a moron.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by simplicio View Post
        Now scientists at CDC and WHO are rushing to combat Trump's advice as well as battling corona virus. Battling two epidemic simultaneously is the nightmare scenario which has kept public health officials worried for decades.
        I'm surprised we're not seeing a rush to defend him here. Is it possible he's finally said something so moronic even his base cannot find a way to defend him?
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
          I'm surprised we're not seeing a rush to defend him here. Is it possible he's finally said something so moronic even his base cannot find a way to defend him?
          And you thought miracles don't happen! (truth be told, I have not seen comments on miracles on Tweb, so I am inferring that from your self ascribed label of atheist)

Though I did noticed a couple of half hearted attempts to reinterpret his statements.

Comment

• Originally posted by simplicio View Post
            And you thought miracles don't happen! (truth be told, I have not seen comments on miracles on Tweb, so I am inferring that from your self ascribed label of atheist)

Though I did noticed a couple of half hearted attempts to reinterpret his statements.
            Of course I believe in miracles. My 23-year old son, who is living with us during the pandemic, just put a dish in the dishwasher. Now THAT's a miracle.

I am considering returning to my "born again" roots!

Comment

• I think Trump would prefer the Jonestown approach.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                I think Trump would prefer the Jonestown approach.
                I think that's a bit over the line, Shuny.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  I think that's a bit over the line, Shuny.
                  No, it is right on target. Trump is way over the line.

Comment

No, it is right on target. Trump is way over the line.
                    So, you really believe Trump would round up nearly a thousand people and have them drink deadly poison.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So, you really believe Trump would round up nearly a thousand people and have them drink deadly poison.
                      He doesn't seem to know that it is deadly poison.
                      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        He doesn't seem to know that it is deadly poison.
                        Always a pleasure to see you, Roy.

Comment

Well, ah . . . he gave his recommendation for deadly poison to the WHOLE nation.
                          Last edited by shunyadragon; 04-24-2020, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Well, ah . . . he gave his recommendation to the WHOLE nation.
                            And you take that literally the same as the Jim Jones thing.

Kids, this is what TDS does to you.

Comment

An interesting question. I think that, for most people, the idea of doing this would be repugnant without regard to any incentive/price suggested to justify it. Based on what I have seen and know of Trump, I have to admit that I am not confident he is that kind of person. I suspect, based on the level of corruption I have already seen, that he would have a price at which he would most likely justify this kind of action. He doesn't appear to have much of a moral compass.

But that's a guess. It way well be influenced by my revulsion for this man and almost everything he stands for.

Comment

Well, ah . . . he gave his recommendation to the WHOLE nation.
                                Despite the post I just finished, I don't think this particular incident suggests he's trying to do a "Jimmy Jones." I think the man is simply stupid to an almost criminal degree - and he has little/no governor on his mouth. The Biden team should be continuously collecting these tidbits and forging attack ads out of them.

Of course, Biden is not exactly known for having the best of governors on his mouth either.

Comment