Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abortion safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no obligation what so ever to support what I consider to be a gross moral atrocity.

Comment

I've never said it's a person, I've said that it's a human life, which is a scientific fact, and that it is innocent, which is a moral fact.

Abortion kills an innocent human life. Period.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
        Everyone understands that abortion results in the killing of a unborn child.
        Not everyone understands that. If they did, then everyone would find the idea of abortion on-demand to be horrific and unconscionable, and we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

firstfloor is a classic example of the typical pro-abortionist mindset. It's all about the woman as far as he concerned. He doesn't give any thought to the unborn life that is cruelly snuffed out.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Everything you just said is wrong. wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            There are a lot of assumptions in that last statement. That universal health care is better than private. That pro-life people don't care about what happens to the child after it is born. That the universal health care is easily afforded. None of that is true.
            Ok...... none of what you said is not true..is not true?

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              Pro-lifers seem to think that fetus and person are the same, or that a fetus is a person. This is not and never will be true.
              False.
              Source: Merriam-Webster

Definition of person
              1: HUMAN, INDIVIDUAL

© Copyright Original Source

Abortion does not kill children.
              False.
              Source: Merriam-Webster

Definition of child (Entry 1 of 3)
              1a: an unborn or recently born person

Baldly false (and false - there is zero moral obligation to support a morally wrong choice).

I'm impressed! You managed to get every single statement wrong.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                - there is zero moral obligation to support a morally wrong choice).
                As a male, you are not morally justified in having a superseding opinion in this matter. You are disqualified by your gender. Your business is to listen, and hold your tongue because are not a woman. Your ignorance of the other sex is the source of your moral error.

Comment

As a male, you are not morally justified in having a superseding opinion in this matter. You are disqualified by your gender. Your business is to listen, and hold your tongue because are not a woman. Your ignorance of the other sex is the source of your moral error.
                  As a woman, I can say with absolute certainty that OBP is not unqualified to have a superseding opinion in this matter. You, on the other hand, are absolutely morally bankrupt.

And I'd really like to know what in the world gives you the right to tell another man that he's ignorant of the "other sex" because he is male. You are equally as disqualified under your own standards.
                  Last edited by mossrose; 03-11-2020, 07:30 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I have known abortion was wrong since I read about it in a medical encyclopedia at age eight.
                    Last edited by Christianbookworm; 03-11-2020, 08:31 PM.
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      So, men who are devastated and heartbroken that their children's lives are ended by their mothers, just need to get over it? What are you saying here? Do you think that women are getting pregnant all on their own and that these children don't have fathers? Men are absolutely entitled to an opinion on what happens to their children. In fact I'd say it's necessary that men step up and defend them.
                      Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

• For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Donchaknow that humans reproduce like yeast? The embryo is literally part of the mother until it detaches and exits the birth canal where the personhood fairy sprinkles it with fairy dust to turn the blob of tissue into a cute baby?

If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• You do realise, don't you, that many women are forced to have an abortion by the baby's father because he doesn't want to have to pay child support?

Speaking of child support, do you support the right of men to opt-out of paying it?
                          Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Pro-lifers seem to think that fetus and person are the same, or that a fetus is a person. This is not and never will be true.

Abortion does not kill children.
                            OBP has already exposed the falsity of these declarations.

Also, nobody is pro-abortion
                            Yes they are.
                            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Unfortunately there are those who see abortions as being something to celebrate and are unhappy when abortion numbers drop and happy when they go up.

From a few short past posts:

Celebrating abortions:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43206[/ATTACH]
                            Among certain elements it is virtually becoming a sacrament.

Earlier this year Planned Parenthood was able to gather 20 religious leaders to blessWhat to Get a Friend Post-Abortion" guide including this

Happy about increased abortions:
                            Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains, located in Las Vegas, Nevada (Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's turf) gave its Aurua, Colorado abortion clinic an award for increasing the number of babies killed in abortions.

Source: Planned Parenthood Gives Clinic Award for 'Exceeding Abortion Visits' of Previous Year

Proving once and for all that Planned Parenthood's business is abortion, Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains gave its Aurora abortion clinic an award certificate for "exceeding abortion visits [in the] first half of FY12 compared to the first half of FY13."

Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains is the 2nd largest Planned Parenthood facility in the U.S.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43207[/ATTACH]

The picture of the award was snapped by a former worker who saw it posted on a bulletin board in Denver. The board displays awards satellite clinics have earned.

The award challenged the Planned Parenthood worker's thinking, since it showed that clinics were given abortion "quotas" to meet, and that this particular clinic had "exceeded" expectations and received an award for doing so.

From a blog post by Abby Johnson, former Planned Parenthood director turned pro-life advocate:

Ever since I left Planned Parenthood, I have been talking about the abortion quotas that are established inside abortion facilities. Many abortion supporters refused to believe it, citing that surely Planned Parenthood wants abortion to be safe, legal and RARE. If they want something to be RARE, they certainly wouldn't have quotas, right?

Planned Parenthood had a net revenue of $1.21 billion last year, and received $540.6 million in U.S. taxpayer funding.

Source

So much for wanting to make abortions rare but safe and legal when you award clinics for increasing the number of abortions

Unhappy when abortion rates drop:
                            For years the pro-abortion crowd has told everyone that they want to make abortion "safe, legal and rare." For instance back in 2008 Hillary Clinton proclaimed at a campaign event that she thought abortion should be "safe, legal and rare, and by rare I mean rare." But the reality of the situation is that some really are not interested in the rare part and see a decrease in abortions as being a bad thing.

Case in point, in a tweet earlier this week Cosmopolitan magazine, a long time major advocate for abortions, lamented an increase of babies born in Texas after that state defunded organizations, such as Planned Parenthood, that provide abortions.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43208[/ATTACH]

The link in the tweet goes to a Cosmo story about a study conducted by the Texas Policy Evaluation Project at University of Texas Austin which found a 1.9% "increase in the birthing rate in counties that once had state-funded Planned Parenthood clinics." And as can be seen by the accompanying sad-face emoji in the tweet Cosmo thinks that people having more babies and less abortions is a negative result.

So much for "safe, legal and rare" -- or at least for the last part. But then what can you expect from a magazine that last year started a campaign trying to get women to say how great abortions are (#ShoutYourAbortion). After all, why would you want to make something that is so positive a rare thing?

I could add more recent examples like the jubilant celebration in New York when they made it legal to abort babies for any reason right up to the moment of birth.

And Gov. Cuomo even ordered bridges and government buildings be decorated with pink lights to celebrate allowing unborn babies to be killed for any reason whatsoever right up to the moment of birth.

00000000000000000R2.jpg
                            Please note how Cuomo himself characterizes it

Michelle Wolf, the host of Netflix's "The Break with Michelle Wolf" (where she recently asked her audience the question "Are You Sort Of Hoping We Don't Get Peace With North Korea So You Wouldn't Have To Give Trump Credit?" and 71% said "yes") devoted a portion of her 4th of July episode celebrating abortions (calling it a "Salute to Abortion") shouting "God bless abortions and God bless America." She talked at length about how women have the unique ability to create life and then cheered on the idea that they should terminate those lives.

When I brought some of this up before Adrift noted "Lena Dunham's podcast last year [2016] when she claimed that she wished she could have an abortion as a stand of solidarity for women's rights."

Again and again the left puts the lie to their claim that they don't like abortion and that they want to make it as rare as possible. They literally rejoice in their iniquity.

So tell me again how "nobody is pro-abortion."
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by rogue06; 03-12-2020, 01:01 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So we should ignore Roe v. Wade since it was decided by men?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                A fetus is perfectly viable barring medical complications and deliberate attempts to kill it.
                                The fetus typically is considered viable when it is able to survive outside the womb. The age of viability has been designated as between 24 to 28 weeks. Nevertheless, the vast majority of abortions are performed well before this, namely within the first 8 to 12 weeks.

But I do find it ironic how pro-abortionist talk about what a hard decision it is for many women on the one hand, but then dismiss the procedure as morally no different than having a colon polyp removed on the other.
                                The woman also has rights and considerations as to her own circumstances. This was recognized in the Row v Wade decision, which balanced the rights of the woman with the rights of the fetus and limited abortions to the first trimester - except under certain, limited circumstances.

Tell me, why should it be a hard decision? Why shouldn't a woman get an abortion on a passing whim?
                                I have never come across women whose choice to have an abortion was based upon Have you? That is, apart from your anecdotal tales of Hollywood starlets saving their careers.
                                Last edited by Tassman; 03-12-2020, 02:26 AM.

Comment