Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abortion safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
    So do you support prosecuting these 20,000 women for homicide?
    With the understanding that certain extenuating circumstances (such as getting pressured or forced into an abortion by parents, boyfriends/husbands etc..., or the rare case where an abortion is necessary to save the life of the woman*) would lead to lighter, or no punishment at all, yes. But I see no problem with prosecuting women who decide to of their own volition, without being forced into doing it, decide to get an abortion because having a baby would be an inconvenience for them.

*These are not a exhaustive list all of the extenuating circumstances, but merely demonstrative examples.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
      With the understanding that certain extenuating circumstances (such as getting pressured or forced into an abortion by parents, boyfriends/husbands etc..., or the rare case where an abortion is necessary to save the life of the woman*) would lead to lighter, or no punishment at all, yes. But I see no problem with prosecuting women who decide to of their own volition, without being forced into doing it, decide to get an abortion because having a baby would be an inconvenience for them.

*These are not a exhaustive list all of the extenuating circumstances, but merely demonstrative examples.
      This is demi's position too. Unfortunately, most of the prolife community is against this as evidenced by the uproar against Trump.
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
        What abortionists? There's no one doing the surgery, these women are ordering the pills online and taking them with their own hands.
        Oh, those chemical abortions. Well, even if it were illegal to take an abortifacient, good luck proving it. Who would turn her in? Again, I think women and girls need education. Many are ignorant of the facts of fetal development and act impulsively out of desperation. It would also help if schools and workplaces were accommodating instead of discriminating against pregnant women.
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          Oh, those chemical abortions. Well, even if it were illegal to take an abortifacient, good luck proving it. Who would turn her in?
          It will be difficult to prove, yes. But if you don't even care to try, don't tell demi that you're concerned about the lives of the unborn. Around one third of abortions in the US are chemical abortions.

Many are ignorant of the facts of fetal development and act impulsively out of desperation.
          Most of the killers are heartless murderers.

Comment

Really? So, if a teen tragically abandons her baby in the trash, she3 a heartless murderer? Humans shouldn't abandon their babies like nonhuman animal species, but it sadly does occur. If someone is not in her right mind, can she be held legally responsible? Temporary insanity? Why would anyone take that pill if they had all the facts abiut their developing baby and the risks of that pill to her and her child? It should be illegal to sell the stuff.

Comment

Really? So, if a teen tragically abandons her baby in the trash, she3 a heartless murderer?
              Some are.

If someone is not in her right mind, can she be held legally responsible? Temporary insanity?
              Depends on the specifics of the situation.

Why would anyone take that pill if they had all the facts abiut their developing baby and the risks of that pill to her and her child?
              Many are heartless murderers, but maybe your comic-book view of the world screens that out.

Comment

Why would anyone take that pill if they had all the facts abiut their developing baby and the risks of that pill to her and her child?
                Why would anyone decide to commit a morally wrong act if they had all the relevant facts about the issue at hand? You could use this to argue for anyone getting away scot-free for any act of injustice or immorality what so ever. Almost every act of immorality/injustice is committed atleast partly because the perpetrator doesn't possess "all the facts" to make a reasonable judgement, but no one would argue that therefore a thief, murderer or rapist shouldn't get punished. And there is no good reason to posit that the case of a woman deciding to murder her own child through chemical abortion because she lacked all the relevant facts about the issue would be an exception.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                  But I see no problem with prosecuting women who decide to of their own volition, without being forced into doing it, decide to get an abortion because having a baby would be an inconvenience for them.
                  Like the Hollywood starlets boasting about how getting an abortion saved their careers.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Just saying the transition period would be rough. Eventually it could be illegal for her to take it, but what if she took it before the law was passed? And if someone is a danger to others, they do need to be locked up. I guess I'm unsure of how best to make anortion unthinkable and not just illegal. And many abortions are coerced. Of course it would be horrible if someone murdered her two year old because her evil boyfriend told her too. Have some people been brainwashed into thinking it's okay to kill a preborn child?

Comment

Those women are heartbroken when they realize the truth. And I don't think the statistic is that high. What about those who sadly have several abortions?
                      Some statistics here: http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/poli...ifetimeab.html

Pro-life types will never stop abortion, but they can ensure that it is unsafe, particularly for poor women. That is why their crusade is immoral.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Like the Hollywood starlets boasting about how getting an abortion saved their careers.
                        Yeah, that is pretty sick. Don't want to be in their shoes on Judgement day. They ought to feel ashamed for killing their children.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                          Some statistics here: http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/poli...ifetimeab.html

Pro-life types will never stop abortion, but they can ensure that it is unsafe, particularly for poor women. That is why their crusade is immoral.
                          Why do you find simply not murdering the unborn to be morally objectionable?
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Killing them after birth could be dangerous. If they're old enough, they might even kill you in self defense. But I don't see people clamoring for child/teen murder clinics that will "safely" slaughter unwanted offspring.

Comment

That's a silly question. You're taking away a woman's right to butcher anyone she finds bothersome and inconvenient.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Why do we even have laws against muder? Those victims were just too inconvenient. We should just go back to the anarchy of the time before governments.

Hmm, should we pray for crminals to become Christians? Sanctification should work to make them leave their life of crime. More people need to know Jesus! Then, maybe they won't use people and throw them away when inconvenient? Wishful thinking?

Comment