Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Face Recognition Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face Recognition Data

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/5...=pocket-newtab
    The article identifies Clearview's product and also mentions how to get the facial data removed -- data consisting of the collection of images which seem to match the same person.

One thing I wondered was whether Clearview distributes the facial records to other companies so that the data is not actually removed from all storage locations.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 03-05-2020, 04:54 PM. Reason: revised to a different topic

I fixed the thread title.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Big brother.

Comment

Facial recognition is way too immature. Scars, facial hair, and even weight gain or loss can cause the software to fail.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          Facial recognition is way too immature. Scars, facial hair, and even weight gain or loss can cause the software to fail.
          I don't know if it's still true but simply cocking your head at an angle caused them to fail.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            I think it is scarily good. On google photos I can search for specific people and it will find the photos of them, even when they were children. No, it's not perfect but it is really good. You can even search for various items in google photos, like "dog" or "fence" and so on and it will come back with photos of them. It even knows my schnauzer from my brother's dogs. Although it tends to confuse the three schnauzers I have had over the years.

Comment