Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest hospital in my neck o' the woods projects death rate about 0.25%, sees Wu-WHO Flu as generally much less severe than touted, is going back to near-normal procedures -- UPMC's Doctor Yealy.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
      Biggest hospital in my neck o' the woods projects death rate about 0.25%, sees Wu-WHO Flu as generally much less severe than touted, is going back to near-normal procedures -- UPMC's Doctor Yealy.
      There are a good number of people being fools wrt the virus in th US at the current time.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
        Biggest hospital in my neck o' the woods projects death rate about 0.25%, sees Wu-WHO Flu as generally much less severe than touted, is going back to near-normal procedures -- UPMC's Doctor Yealy.
        Another example of famous last words.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...l-robert-reich

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          Bad news for the USA there were over 33,955 new cases. Opening up has its price.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Median ncubation is 5.1 days. 2 weeks is a maximum time for safety in quarantining those exposed, though there can be outliers taking longer.

So if opening up causes a resurgence, we could expect to begin to see signs of it within a week of the reopening, though it would likely take longer than that to be able to show we were returning to exponential growth.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Or very likely the result of more testing being done? And is there any evidence that these are in areas that have opened up in limited ways?
              Only partly, considering the history of the testing very recently is is significant increase. In the USA the statistics of testing those severely ill reflects a fairly accurate relative value over time in the this site: https://ourworldindata.org/coronavir...WE+GBR+ESP+CHN. Also the documented number of deaths reflect those with documented cases over time. In the above sit See: Daily confirmed COVID-19 cases and deaths, United States

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                Another example of famous last words.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...l-robert-reich
                Your link includes the fact that Trump and republican accomplices have chosen to force workers back to work in unsafe environments by removing unemployment for anyone called back to work while at the same time removing liability for creating a safe work environment from the employer.

In so doing they have created for those workers the choice between forcing them to become infected by Covid 19 (along with their families and friends) or living in poverty, possibly in hunger or homelessness.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  Median ncubation is 5.1 days. 2 weeks is a maximum time for safety in quarantining those exposed, though there can be outliers taking longer.

So if opening up causes a resurgence, we could expect to begin to see signs of it within a week of the reopening, though it would likely take longer than that to be able to show we were returning to exponential growth.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Your link includes the fact that Trump and republican accomplices have chosen to force workers back to work in unsafe environments by removing unemployment for anyone called back to work while at the same time removing liability for creating a safe work environment from the employer.

In so doing they have created for those workers the choice between forcing them to become infected by Covid 19 (along with their families and friends) or living in poverty, possibly in hunger or homelessness.
                    Vs printing trillions more to cover it and putting our future children, in financial crisis?
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Do you suppose that I was correcting anything beyond you basing your expectations on an invalid incubation period? If you are to speculate on when we might see an uptick due to the abandonment of social distancing, it should be based on accurate data and the real state of the spread of the virus at the time of abandonment of social distancing. the median incubation is 5.1 days. Most states are not anywhere near the 14 days of steady downturn. We do not have widespread testing or a well manned contact tracing system, and some states are still on the rise, and some states never even implemented shelter in place.

It is unlikely we will not see an uptick relatively soon, though if people actually maintain their new habits we may end up seeing the sort of slow rise being seen in Sweden instead of the meteoric rise we saw in the northeast.

It is also somewhat unlikely any uptick seen this week in US data was directly related to the attempts to last weeks 'return to work' by some states. In fact, because of the non-homogeneity of the policies in individual states, the only way to evaluate the effect of 'return to work' for at least the next 2 to 3 weeks will be to focus on individual state data.
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-03-2020, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        Vs printing trillions more to cover it and putting our future children, in financial crisis?
                        False dichotomy pix.

Vs: requiring the meat processing plant owners to invest in PPE and adjustments to the production layout to make the work place safer. That would not be anywhere near 'trillions', I seriously doubt it would even come close to a billion. And there is no reason a substantial portion of it could not be covered by the business itself. There is nothing good in how Trump has done this, it is 100% a nod to the abuse of the worker by the business owners.
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-03-2020, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          Trump has already done this with vaste tax breaks for the rich and minimal to none for the Middle and lower class. I have a marginal income, and under Trumps new tax reform I pay taxs on over 50% of my Social Security
                          This like all pandemics with pass in a couple of months like previous pandemics, but Trump's phony tax relief will remain and the negative balance will continue to rise.

It remains our per capita fatality and case rate remains among the highest in the world. Oh yeah! "We are incontrol," and it "like the common flu."

Comment

Do you suppose that I was correcting anything beyond you basing your expectations on an invalid incubation period? If you are to speculate on when we might see an uptick due to the abandonment of social distancing, it should be based on accurate data and the real state of the spread of the virus at the time of abandonment of social distancing. the median incubation is 5.1 days. Most states are not anywhere near the 14 days of steady downturn. We do not have widespread testing or a well manned contact tracing system, and some states are still on the rise, and some states never even implemented shelter in place.

It is unlikely we will not see an uptick relatively soon, though if people actually maintain their new habits we may end up seeing the sort of slow rise being seen in Sweden instead of the meteoric rise we saw in the northeast.

It is also somewhat unlikely any uptick seen this week in US data was directly related to the attempts to last weeks 'return to work' by some states. In fact, because of the non-homogeneity of the policies in individual states, the only way to evaluate the effect of 'return to work' for at least the next 2 to 3 weeks will be to focus on individual state data.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                              Trump has already done this with vaste tax breaks for the rich and minimal to none for the Middle and lower class. I have a marginal income, and under Trumps new tax reform I pay taxs on over 50% of my Social Security
                              This like all pandemics with pass in a couple of months like previous pandemics, but Trump's phony tax relief will remain and the negative balance will continue to rise.

It remains our per capita fatality and case rate remains among the highest in the world. Oh yeah! "We are incontrol," and it "like the common flu."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

False dichotomy pix.

Vs: requiring the meat processing plant owners to invest in PPE and adjustments to the production layout to make the work place safer. That would not be anywhere near 'trillions', I seriously doubt it would even come close to a billion. And there is no reason a substantial portion of it could not be covered by the business itself. There is nothing good in how Trump has done this, it is 100% a nod to the abuse of the worker by the business owners.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment