Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Alexander Vindman and his twin brother were abruptly fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    FYI, JimL, THIS is what a redacted document looks like:

Remember the scene in "Hidden Figures" where the woman held the heavily redacted pages up to the light and figured out the complex math problem?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      What parts were redacted JimL? Show me the blacked out parts where they redacted anything.
      Well, of course you don't believe the testimony, under oath, of Vindman who testified that parts of the transcript summary was missing. Second, I read the transcript itself, which was said to be a thirty minute call, and what is actually there only amounts to a 10 minute conversation at best. Besides that, if there was nothing of the original convesation to hide, then White House Council, Eisenberg, wouldn't have suggested it be hidden away on a highly classified server as soon as Vindman reported it to Eisenberg. Common sense!
      Last edited by JimL; 02-11-2020, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Well, of course you don't believe the testimony, under oath, of Vindman who testified that parts of the transcript summary was missing. Second, I read the transcript itself, which was said to be a thirty minute call, and what is actually there only amounts to a 10 minute conversation at best. Besides that, if there was nothing of the original convesation to hide, then White House Council, Eisenberg, wouldn't have suggested it be hidden away on a highly classified server as soon as Vindman reported it to Eisenberg. Common sense!
        You know, Jim, if the House Mangers had put you in charge of the scam impeachment, instead of lying Schiff and his flying monkeys*, you might have gotten the Senate to vote to remove!

*sorry, I just felt the need to be dramatic
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          You know, Jim, if the House Mangers had put you in charge of the scam impeachment, instead of lying Schiff and his flying monkeys*, you might have gotten the Senate to vote to remove!
          Insinuations without evidence don't help your case, CP. It just makes you look naive and easily led.

Comment

Insinuations without evidence don't help your case, CP.
            My case?

It just makes you look naive and easily led.
            Jim, I don't know of ANYBODY on this board who marches to the drummer more obediently than you.

If you're gonna use my trick, you need to include the * to which this corresponds.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
              First of all, we only have Vindman's word that some content was left out. At the time, he proposed additions and alterations, some of which were accepted, others which were rejected by people who were themselves witnesses to the call.

Second, I believe they were speaking through interpreters which will slow down any conservation and explains why the transcript appears short for a 30-conversation.

But keep pushing those wild-eyed conspiracy theories. They might pan out one of these days.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Jim, I don't know of ANYBODY on this board who marches to the drummer more obediently than you.
                That's because you're not introspective, CP.

Comment

That's because you're not introspective, CP.
                  That's exactly what somebody would say who was an obedient drummermarcher, Jim.

Comment

missing isn't the same as redacted, JimL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      First of all, we only have Vindman's word that some content was left out.
                      Yes, we have Vindmans testimony "under oath".

At the time, he proposed additions and alterations, some of which were accepted, others which were rejected by people who were themselves witnesses to the call.
                      That's what would be called a cover-up.
                      Second, I believe they were speaking through interpreters which will slow down any conservation and explains why the transcript appears short for a 30-conversation.
                      That's a possibility, though Zelinsky speaks english and it's unlikely that interpreters would take up 2/3 of the call.
                      But keep pushing those wild-eyed conspiracy theories. They might pan out one of these days.
                      Believing a highly credible witnesses testimony under oath is hardly believing in a wild eyed conspiracy theory. And knowing the president as we do, his affinity for lying and how he has done everything he can possibly do to cover-up the scheme, including the hiding of the transcript in a highly classified server, gives support to Vindmans testimony that the transcript was edited in a way to protect the president.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        missing isn't the same as redacted, JimL.
                        Well, whatever term you want to use then. Missing, edited, left out, whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                          Believing a highly credible witnesses testimony under oath...
                          You are so deluded.

Vindman is not "highly credible", and lying under oath is not unheard of in a legal proceeding.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment