Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Impeachment Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    House manager Val Demings argues: "Innocent people don't try to hide every document & witness, especially those that would clear them. That's what guilty people do. Innocent people do everything they can to clear their name & provide evidence that shows that they are innocent."

This is formally known as a kafkatrap and is one step away from "Comrade, surely you won't mind if we read all of your personal correspondence. After all, an innocent man has nothing to hide."
    They just keep shooting themselves in the foot, and only stopping to reload...

I'm not sure if these people are this STUPID, or so ARROGANT that they think they can foist this crap on "the American People"....
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

House manager Val Demings argues: "Innocent people don't try to hide every document & witness, especially those that would clear them. That's what guilty people do. Innocent people do everything they can to clear their name & provide evidence that shows that they are innocent."

This is formally known as a kafkatrap and is one step away from "Comrade, surely you won't mind if we read all of your personal correspondence. After all, an innocent man has nothing to hide."
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And the defense attorney would quickly object to this nonsense, the Judge would sustain the objection and instruct the jury to disregard the idiotic argument, but.... as we well know, juries often "latch onto" whatever the judge tells them to disregard.

The Democrats are repeating this crap because they hope the American people (the jury) will buy into it. The Senate didn't.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          They just keep shooting themselves in the foot, and only stopping to reload...

I'm not sure if these people are this STUPID, or so ARROGANT that they think they can foist this crap on "the American People"....
          The problem is, as we've seen among members of our own small community here, there are some people who really are stupid or ignorant enough to believe it. It's why I say that idiot politicians don't bother me as much as the fact that the people who vote for them are even stupider.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I am washed by the blood of Jesus Christ who died and rose from the dead so that I might share in his victory over sin and death.

Comment

• What is the 'right' loop?

Comment

• Get thee behind me, satan.

Comment

Get thee behind me, satan.
                  And DON'T push!!!!

Comment

Get thee behind me, satan.

Comment

• Politics becoming your religion, FF?
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Oh, we recognize you, ff, and you are his loyal subject.

Comment

What is the 'right' loop?
                          Sunshine, gentle breezes, birds singing, peace on Earth, Truth, and so on.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                            Sunshine, gentle breezes, birds singing, peace on Earth, Truth, and so on.
                            Yes, after the impeachment sham, those things still exist!

Comment

• That's just the old liberal trick of accusing others of what they themselves are guilty of. Our Founding Fathers actually warned against the sort of impeachment spectacle the Democrats have put together.

Comment

Yes, after the impeachment sham, those things still exist!
                                Tomorrow, Trump will explain what he has done for you in the last year. Remember to root at the appropriate times.

Comment