Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Impeachment Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    The TDS crowd ought to wonder why their news sources refused to airr the Republicans when they questioned witnesses during the circus in the House and didn't air Trump's lawyers presenting their case while not missing a millisecond of Schiff and covering the other Democrats as well.

If the case is so "overwhelming" why are they afraid to let you see/hear the evidence presented by the other side? Why would you even trust them at this point?
    As usual you have it bass ackwards. Fox news barely aired the trial. MSNBC on the otherhand aired the whole thing, both sides from beginning to end.
    http://www.cnn.com/2020/01/23media/f...age/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Clearly Dershorwitz with his decades of legal experience, sharp, logical mind, and consistent, substantive arguments doesn't know what he's talking about. Let's all listen to random poster on the internet who insists he's crazy instead.
      He knows what he's talking about, but he's obviously a corrupt lawyer who changes his tune depending on the case he's defending.

Comment

• Yes, the democrats are doing everything they can to get rid of a corrupt president, to convince you of his corruption, and the republicans are doing everything they can to keep a corrupt president, to cover-up his corruption. One side wants you to see all the evidence so that you are totally informed, the other side doesn't want you to see. Common sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Yes, the democrats are doing everything they can to get rid of a corrupt president, to convince you of his corruption, and the republicans are doing everything they can to keep a corrupt president, to cover-up his corruption. One side wants you to see all the evidence so that you are totally informed, the other side doesn't want you to see. Common sense.
          FIFU/nc.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

One side wants you to see all the evidence so that you are totally informed, the other side doesn't want you to see. Common sense.
            Which would explain why Trump's defense team laid out all the evidence the House managers somehow failed to present.
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              FIFU/nc.
              One side wants you to see all the evidence so you can make a more informed decision, the other side doesn't want you to see that evidence. Luckily for the latter, your team is more important than knowing the truth.

Comment

One side wants you to see all the evidence so you can make a more informed decision, the other side doesn't want you to see that evidence. Luckily for the latter, your team is more important than knowing the truth.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• False, but of course that's what you're handlers tell you. And btw, I don't know how many times you need to hear this before it sinks in, the president never, not once, claimed executive privilege, just an across the board denial of subpoenaed witnesses and documentary evidence. That's what you call being able to do whatever you want as president, or in othere words a king.

Comment

False, but of course that's what you're handlers tell you. And btw, I don't know how many times you need to hear this before it sinks in, the president never, not once, claimed executive privilege, just an across the board denial of subpoenaed witnesses and documentary evidence. That's what you call being able to do whatever you want as president, or in othere words a king.
                    And my dear Jimmy, did they bother to settle the issue in the courts or did they pull the used car salesman tactic where you had to act now, before it was too late? Your democrat overlords need to give you new talking points because this one is stale.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                      He knows what he's talking about, but he's obviously a corrupt lawyer who changes his tune depending on the case he's defending.
                      Is that why the prosecution played clips from Trump's defense team making directly contradictory arguments in the past?

Oh, wait, that was the defense playing clips of the prosecution!

I think the best moment of the trial so far is the blood draining from Shifty Schiff's face when the defense played a clip of him lying about the contents of the July 25 phone call.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yes, the democrats are doing everything they can to get rid of a corrupt president, to convince you of his corruption,
                        Too bad they had to do it in such an incredibly partisan manner, using a scoundrel like Schiff as their point man.

and the republicans are doing everything they can to keep a corrupt president, to cover-up his corruption. One side wants you to see all the evidence so that you are totally informed, the other side doesn't want you to see. Common sense.
                        How do you put up with the echo in that bubble -- isn't that annoying?
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• valid questions coming from the Presidents Counsel right now. I'd love ot see schiffs face during this

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                            valid questions coming from the Presidents Counsel right now. I'd love ot see schiffs face during this
                            I wonder if he got beat up a lot as a kid -- he's such a ... um... snitty... little bug-eyed individual.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I have a simple question for all of the "Orange Man Bad" people.

If Biden was not running for President would it be alright for Trump to ask Ukraine to investigate what happen with Hunter Biden's deal and Joe Biden's extortion to stop the investigation (Because it does look bad)?

Some things to think about before answering, I'd like to put these up front and give my agreements to save time. (Please no mind reading acts as proof of your agreement)

I don't want to hear that Trump would not have asked, if Biden was not running for President. None of you are mind readers and there is no other evidence to support that Trump would not have asked. Even if you use this argument I'm not asking if Trump would or would not, I'm asking would it be alright for him to ask.

Also, If you are going tell me, that as Biden and the Dems assert, that Biden has been exonerated of any wrong doing here. Give me the agencies that have investigated this (News services are nice but they can't exonerate anyone).

Also, with no exoneration the Biden's situation looks shady at best and corrupt at worse. I contend that if Biden was not running for President then there would be no problem asking Ukraine to look into this because "it looks really bad". Remember Trump never ask Ukraine "to dig up dirt on Biden", he ask for them to look into what was going on. Important: Trump never ask for an specific out come he asked for them to look into it.

And don't give me anything on the only answer Biden's team gave, that Biden wanted the prosecutor fired because he was not doing a good job investigating Baresma, because after the prosecutor was fire the case was dropped and Hunter was in the clear. This looks very much like obstruction of justice to me.

This question is an important one because it goes to a point that was made about mixed motive. If there is a another legitimate reason to do something that has to be assumed to be the reason (Under assumption of innocence we run by in the U.S.). The evidence that the motives where corrupt are all "Mind Reading" by the Dems and their witnesses.
                              "Any sufficiently advanced technology, is indistinguishable from Magic!"
                              -- Arthur C. Clark

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                If that doesn't give the game away, I don't know what does. Trump is on trial for abuse of power and your interest is in the person who filed a valid whistleblower complaint that has been almost entirely corroborated by witness testimony.

You want revenge.

--Sam
                                Sam First "abuse of power" is only a heading to group crimes under it means nothing in it self. The articles of impeachment do not list the crimes that lead up to "abuse of power" so it is meaning less.

The whistle blower has never been challenged, so we have no way of knowing if he is a true whistle blower of just a trouble maker out to get Trump. (if the whistle blower is the one that has been name this is the third time he has tried this the first two turned out to be bogus and lies. This is important because this means that he is not a true whistle blower.

The witnesses are the worlds greatest "Mind Reading Act" 17 witnesses all know what Trump was thinking about when he was on the phone call. Only one had talked to Trump and he said that nobody told that there was a "quid pro quo" he assumed that that is what Trump was thinking. We also need to add in the Schiff and gang to that because they have based their case on what they know Trump was thinking.

They have no actual evidence that is why the want the Senate to look for more evidence that they should have gone after.
                                "Any sufficiently advanced technology, is indistinguishable from Magic!"
                                -- Arthur C. Clark

Comment