Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Impeachment Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    about that....

Evening News Spin: 100% Negative on Trump Defense, 95% Positive Dems

I wonder how "overwhelming" the public support would be if the liberal media wasn't so incredibly biased.

The TDS crowd ought to wonder why their news sources refused to airr the Republicans when they questioned witnesses during the circus in the House and didn't air Trump's lawyers presenting their case while not missing a millisecond of Schiff and covering the other Democrats as well.

If the case is so "overwhelming" why are they afraid to let you see/hear the evidence presented by the other side? Why would you even trust them at this point?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Clearly Dershorwitz with his decades of legal experience, sharp, logical mind, and consistent, substantive arguments doesn't know what he's talking about. Let's all listen to random poster on the internet who insists he's crazy instead.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Clearly Dershorwitz with his decades of legal experience, sharp, logical mind, and consistent, substantive arguments doesn't know what he's talking about. Let's all listen to random poster on the internet who insists he's crazy instead.
        This is an interesting article about Dershowitz from May 2018:
        https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...appened-218359

WaPo
        Last edited by firstfloor; 01-30-2020, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
          This is an interesting article about Dershowitz from May 2018:
          https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...appened-218359

WaPo
          It wouldn't be the first time Dershowitz's arguments have been misconstrued.

Comment

It wouldn't be the first time Dershowitz's arguments have been misconstrued.
            In what way are they being misconstrued?

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
              In what way are they being misconstrued?
              For one thing, notice that the article you link to contains few if any direct quotes from Dershowitz himself. That's big red flag right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                As I have previously expressed that I'd like to see Bolton testify -- along with Schiff, Ciaramella (the non-whistleblower), and to a much lesser extent, the Bidens.
                I at least want Rand to steamroll Roberts and succeed in *naming* the whistle-leaker on the record.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

As I have previously expressed that I'd like to see Bolton testify -- along with Schiff, Ciaramella (the non-whistleblower), and to a much lesser extent, the Bidens.
                  If that doesn't give the game away, I don't know what does. Trump is on trial for abuse of power and your interest is in the person who filed a valid whistleblower complaint that has been almost entirely corroborated by witness testimony.

You want revenge.

--Sam
                  "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

For one thing, notice that the article you link to contains few if any direct quotes from Dershowitz himself. That's big red flag right there.
                    But he spoke in answer to Cruz, yesterday. What he said, seems to bear out the 2018 article.

Will the Repubs dare to endorse his view of Presidential powers?

Comment

The TDS crowd ought to wonder why their news sources refused to airr the Republicans when they questioned witnesses during the circus in the House and didn't air Trump's lawyers presenting their case while not missing a millisecond of Schiff and covering the other Democrats as well.

If the case is so "overwhelming" why are they afraid to let you see/hear the evidence presented by the other side? Why would you even trust them at this point?
                      It's much easier to summarily dismiss it as "Newsbusters!" and "Silly". I was actually watching the non-Fox News channels, and it the bias was crystal clear.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                        I at least want Rand to steamroll Roberts and succeed in *naming* the whistle-leaker on the record.
                        Yeah, cause then Shifty Schiff can finally find out who he or she is!
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

about that....

Evening News Spin: 100% Negative on Trump Defense, 95% Positive Dems

I wonder how "overwhelming" the public support would be if the liberal media wasn't so incredibly biased.

Except for the evening news that you watch! You are either under the impression, or fooling yourself into believing that both sides here are actually seeking the truth, but if you were honest with yourself you would realize that only one side is seeking the truth, the other is complicit with the crime and the cover-up. You're selling your country and democracy out for your team whether you are aware of it or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Except for the evening news that you watch!
                            What evening news do I watch, Jim?

You are either under the impression, or fooling yourself into believing that both sides here are actually seeking the truth,
                            I am absolutely NOT under that impression, and I don't know why you insist on getting me so wrong.

but if you were honest with yourself
                            I am, and it's silly for you to imply otherwise.

you would realize that only one side is seeking the truth,

Comment

Please don't tell me what I want, Jim, or why I would or would not want it. I honestly don't care, because if the vote is no, this whole sham would be over sooner.... but if the vote is yes, it could drag on and on and on.... and I suspect it would backfire on the Dems.
                              I don't need to tell you, you admit to it yourself, even in the above. It's all just a sham, you don't want to hear evidence to the contrary, and you just want it over
                              I really think (and I'm not declaring that I know) that most Americans are tired of this and just want it over. Bring on the SUPER BOWL!!!!!
                              I have a little more faith, though it is slipping, in the character of the majority of the American people in that the truth concerning their government is more important than the superbowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                I don't need to tell you, you admit to it yourself, even in the above.
                                No, Jim, what you SAID was "You are either under the impression, or fooling yourself into believing that both sides here are actually seeking the truth".....

I do not believe that EITHER side is "seeking the truth" --- the Democrats are simply seeking everything and anything they can to get rid of Trump, to the extent that they omitted a whole bunch of truth - as in any exculpatory evidence.

It's all just a sham,
                                Yes, it is.

you don't want to hear evidence to the contrary, and you just want it over
                                I really don't care --- it's a political battle and an election is just around the corner.

I have a little more faith, though it is slipping, in the character of the majority of the American people in that the truth concerning their government is more important than the superbowl.
                                Well, you can pee in one hand and wish in the other, and see which fills up first.

Comment