Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Project Lincoln airs New ad Targeting Christian Trump Supporters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And I have to wonder if some of the "well known" evangelists vice their support of Trump in this manner because they are playing to their base just like Trump is playing to his base.
    I don't think that is it CP. 200 evangelical leaders signed the letter opposing the Christianity Today OP ED. Many of them well known and respected in non-charasmatic evangelical circles. This is part of the statement:

https://www.christianpost.com/news/n...n-witness.html

Source: above

who are simply grateful that our President has sought our advice as his administration has advanced policies that protect the unborn, promote religious freedom, reform our criminal justice system, contribute to strong working families through paid family leave, protect the freedom of conscience, prioritize parental rights, and ensure that our foreign policy aligns with our values while making our world safer, including through our support of the State of Israel.

© Copyright Original Source

The elements in that list are the 'payback' they receive that to them, and to most evangelicals, makes supporting Trump in spite of how bad he is worth it. End justifies the means again. These are things we want and so even though he has likely abused his power with Ukraine, even though he left many in Puerto Rico to starve after a massive hurricane, even though he has created a situation on the border where children are not only taken from their parents, they are lost in a system of internment, even though he panders to dictators and despots, racists, even though he is pushing day after day to codify the idea the president is in fact above the law, even though he attacks the free press and diminishes their capability to protect our freedoms by holding government accountable, we will ignore these things to get the above.

They even go so far as to say this:

Source: above

We are proud to be numbered among those in history who, like Jesus, have been pretentiously accused of having too much grace for tax collectors and sinners, and we take deeply our personal responsibility to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's --- our public service.

© Copyright Original Source

Not understanding that Christ associated with sinners to bring to them the truth. He never compromised his positions on what is right and good to meet with them. This is not that. This is Christians standing behind an immoral man IN his immoral deeds without calling him to recognize his own need of repentance, without saying "Go therefore and sin no more", without speaking out against deeds and policies that hurt and damage others.

Our rendering to Caesar what is Caesar's NEVER included the obligatory worship of Caesar! Many early Christians died because they refused to do just that. We do not render to Caesar that which Caesar demands in violation of God's teachings, of God's law!
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Yep. And some of the clips seem to be taken out of context. Like the bit about Romans 13. Just saying that God appoints our leaders isn't saying he is "God's anointed and we need to worship him" - it goes equally for Obama and Bill Clinton too.
      For whatever reason, God allowed Trump to be POTUS. It's obviously temporary, so I will pray for him just like I prayed for past presidents. In fact, I pray more for Trump, because he has so many rough edges and could be so much less divisive.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Liberals and fundy atheists don't seem to understand the distinction between praying for Trump, and praying to Trump. In their minds, it's apparently the same thing.
        As I've pointed this out several times before, if you want to known what the left is doing then just look at what they accuse others of doing. In this case many of them worshiped at the altar of their Obamessiah so they naturally accuse people of worshiping Trump.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Liberals and fundy atheists don't seem to understand the distinction between praying for Trump, and praying to Trump. In their minds, it's apparently the same thing.
          This is not about praying for Trump. All Christians are called to pray for our leaders. Galli would not question that, and Christians praying for Trump did not motivate his editorial, or this video.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            This is not about praying for Trump. All Christians are called to pray for our leaders. Galli would not question that, and Christians praying for Trump did not motivate his editorial, or this video.
            I have no idea what motivated this video since its message is confusing. Is it repudiating Trump? Celebrity evangelists? Mainstream evangelicals? All of the above? I'm really not sure. And to be honest, I really don't care.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I have no idea what motivated this video since its message is confusing. Is it repudiating Trump? Celebrity evangelists? Mainstream evangelicals? All of the above? I'm really not sure. And to be honest, I really don't care.
              Me too neither.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Me too neither.
                I care because I am more speerchul than you guys

Comment

As I said to seanD, the motivation is obvious and the message is obvious.

Comment

I care because I am more speerchul than you guys
                    And behold, my carinator has just increased multitudinally.

Comment

And behold, my carinator has just increased multitudinally.
                      Too late heathen!

Comment

Anyone know where I can get a Trump bobblehead for the altar I am building to him?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          I couldn't tell if it was saying Trump is a fake Christian fooling evangelicals or the Christian evangelical base was fake for supporting Trump, or both. I assume the former?
                          I didn't watch the video, but the answer is obviously the latter. But the naive base is just following their leaders, the corrupt money worshipping evangelical preachers.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            I didn't watch the video, but the answer is obviously the latter.
                            How can you claim it's "obvious" if you didn't even bother to watch the video?
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Anyone know where I can get a Trump bobblehead for the altar I am building to him?
                              Why just settle for one?
                              00000000000000ab000-00aaad.jpg

But if you want to go high class...
                              00000000000000ab000-00aaadd.jpg
                              Making Chia Great Again!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I actually own this (still unopened). Couldn't get the picture embedding to work for some reason (Because it's a .png?).

Comment