Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Iran has kidnapped our sailors, shot down two drones, destroyed an oil refinery in Saudi Arabia, attacked merchant vessels, and sponsors terrorists who have attacked soldiers and our embassy in Iraq. Why wouldn't Trump be on the 'warpath?'

I think he has shown great restraint so far. Do you think he is just sitting in his command chair yelling "bomb them!!?" - He has a lot of level-headed military advisors.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41960[/ATTACH]
      Rush Limbaugh made a great point today:

When our embassy was attacked recently, the mainstream media was gleefully reporting that "This is Trump's Benghazi! He's in trouble now!" But wait a minute, I thought Benghazi was no big deal? "What difference does it make!" chortled Hillary. It wasn't Obama's fault, it was some nobody filmmaker who posted a YouTube video that nobody had ever watched according to Susan Rice. So if it was "Trump's Benghazi", then wouldn't that mean the attack was no big deal? But, no, the implication was clearly that Obama's lack of response was a black eye (don't want to be racist) swollen lip to the Obama administration, and that Trump was going to cowardly slink away just like Obama did, and boy oh boy won't that be bad optics for Trump!

But then after Trump responded, suddenly it was, "Why did you do that! There was no provocation! I mean, sure, they killed a US citizen, but what difference does it make? You didn't have to go and kill their beloved military leader!"
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Because the nutty Theocrat in Iran is Trump's puppet?

Ya gotta give Trump credit --- I can't think of anybody else on the planet who could convince the Democrats to defend the biggest State Sponsor of Terrorism on the planet. I'm sure videos are being collected for campaign ads showing the Democrats to be pro-terrorism.
        They're not defending Iran or Soleimani, they're trying to uphold the Constitution and prevent a rogue President from starting a war without Congressional approval. The Trump Administration hasn't provided a shred of evidence that Soleimani was planning, or that there was an imminant attack coming. Apparently the Congressional briefing provided no evidence of that and that provision is necessary otherwise Trumps directive to assassinate Soleimani was illegal and could have initiated a war. That is why Congress is updating and passing the War Powers Act, to prevent Trump from starting a war, and why Republican Senators Mike Lee and Rand Paul are intending to vote for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          They're not defending Iran or Soleimani,....
          ...they're getting themselves on the record for future Republican campaign ads.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

...they're getting themselves on the record for future Republican campaign ads.
            Yes, but that's nothing knew, we already know how the GOP lies to the public.

Comment

Yes, but that's nothing knew, we already know how the GOP lies to the public.
              Politicians lie, Jim. Some of them even under oath.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Politicians lie, Jim. Some of them even under oath.
                There are lies and then there are lies. Trump is the personification of lies, and and the Republican party is the swamp of liars out which he emerged.

Comment

There are lies and then there are lies.
                  Well, I'm not an expert on lying, so I'll defer that to you.

Trump is the personification of lies, and and the Republican party is the swamp of liars out which he emerged.
                  Actually, Jim, Trump didn't emerge out of the Republican party, as evidenced by the establishment Republicans who worked so hard to oppose him.

Comment

Actually, Jim, Trump didn't emerge out of the Republican party, as evidenced by the establishment Republicans who worked so hard to oppose him.
                    Until very recently he was a registered Democrat and then Independent.

Much of his appeal was due to his being from outside the establishment.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Yeah, but he loves to tweak the media, so....

Comment

Perhaps not, but you're obviously an expert at being taken in by lies.

Not all republicans are corrupt.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Right, he's an unprincipled shapeshifter.

Comment

Your three best examples, please.

Not all republicans are corrupt.
                            I'm shocked.

Comment

You're a constant Trump defending, psuedo Independent, republican, CP. Enough said.

I'm shocked.
                              Don't be shocked CP, they're not all corrupt liars. Most of them are just complicit in their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                You're a constant Trump defending, psuedo Independent, republican, CP. Enough said.
                                Your claim is that I am an expert on being taken in by lies. That, in itself, is an outright lie, so I asked you to back it up.

Either back up your preposterous claim, Jim, or admit you got a little carried away.

What lies have I taken in?

Comment