Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Christianity Today Op Ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    The video that I mentioned starts with a antifa thug walking up and sucker punching him on the side of the face where he had the black eye.
    I'm sure he deserved it.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I'd like to see a link to this.
      Four pages back, in response to BTC, I believe. If no 'children' are butchered in abortion clinics then the unborn must not be human (he's argued exactly that in the past). The majority of these 'non-humans' are black.

Abortion is a form of passive racism by definition (active if we trace from Sanger forward). And Jae is a vocal and active supporter of killing those black non-humans.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post

Antifa, by its nature, is anti-fascist because it defines itself in opposition to fascist ideology.
        --Sam
        Do you realize how ridiculous that statement is? By your definition, White Supremacists are not fascist because they don't define themselves as fascists. So why do the Antifa keep attacking them?

Antifa are fascist because despite claiming to be against fascism, their methods and ideology are fascist in nature. They are authoritarian. They attack anyone who has a philosophy they don't approve of. They want to shut down free speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          Come on.
          You 'come on'. The logic is perfectly sound and far fairer than his assessment of Southerners in general.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            Says the racist who supports killing blacks by claiming they aren't human.
            You've got one chance to apologize before I block you

We had been having a good conversation, what the hell is wrong with you?

Comment

No reason for me to get in the middle of this one but "fascist" doesn't mean "violently repressive". It's an actual ideology with relatively discrete definitions.

Neo-Nazis are fascist because they adhere to and promote the fascist ideology, not because some of them are violent.

Antifa, by its nature, is anti-fascist because it defines itself in opposition to fascist ideology. Calling it fascist is like saying the communist parties in 1930s Germany were fascist, too, because they often fought with the proto-Nazi fascists (and later the actual Nazi fascists).

--Sam
              You can thank your fellow travelers for morphing the term to mean virtually everyone that disagrees with them. When everyone is "racist" or "fascist" the words lose their meaning.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Dictatorial as in a one-party state, which might sound uncomfortably familiar to people here who depict Democratic majorities as somehow illegitimate and seek to defend voter disenfranchisement, suppression, and gerrymandering as legitimate means to minority rule.

White supremacists are often, but not always, aligned with fascism because fascism promises exactly this kind of state: one where a favored minority exercises authoritarian power over a disempowered majority.

But if people are using the term wrong, they're using it wrong. It's not a "colloquialism" to define as "fascist" groups that are distinctly and definitionally anti-fascist. There's a reason that there's no Antifa figurehead, whereas there's almost always a fascist one.

--Sam
                Gah! It's the liberals who have been trying to stamp out the Republican party and conservatives since Trump was elected. It started the day Trump was elected with riots and hasn't stopped since. You can't even wear a MAGA hat without being accosted. Or be a Republican without being run out of restaurants or bullied. Where have you been for the last three years.
                Last edited by Sparko; 01-08-2020, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  I'm sure he deserved it.
                  It's Trump's fault (to which at least in part ox likely agrees )

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                    You've got one chance to apologize before I block you

We had been having a good conversation, what the hell is wrong with you?
                    You started it. You call people traitors they aren't likely to respond kindly.

But I was wrong to go that far. I do apologize.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41945[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]41946[/ATTACH]
                      Andrew Ngo "fak[ing] the whole thing"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41947[/ATTACH]
                      Andrew Ngo after "fak[ing the whole thing"

There are videos of this "faked attack" which I'd link to but since this involves antifa the language is like an open sewer. So if you want to see it you can copy this and go from there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WzMZxT-41k. It starts with an antifa thug stepping up and sucker punching him.

Talk about trying to blame the victim. Par for the course from wormtongue.
                      No one denies Andy had a milkshake thrown at him

Brandon Farley, who is an associate of Andy Ngo and has worked with him, thinks the part where he got hit was staged. He notes that nobody who struck Ngo hit him in the face, but the back of the head, and that he didn't recognize the guy who did it and hasn't seen him since. He also noted it was weird for Andy to fly if he really sustained the injury he claimed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Do you realize how ridiculous that statement is? By your definition, White Supremacists are not fascist because they don't define themselves as fascists. So why do the Antifa keep attacking them?

Antifa are fascist because despite claiming to be against fascism, their methods and ideology are fascist in nature. They are authoritarian. They attack anyone who has a philosophy they don't approve of. They want to shut down free speech.
                        Well, that's not true but even if it were, the world's a big place and history is deep with repressive ideologies. Branch out, learn a few of 'em, and find a synonym for "violently repressive" that doesn't involve an inherent contradiction.

--Sam
                        "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          You started it. You call people traitors they aren't likely to respond kindly.

But I was wrong to go that far. I do apologize.
                          What, exactly, did I start?

Who, exactly, did I call a traitor?
                          Last edited by Jaecp; 01-08-2020, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Gah! It's the liberals who have been trying to stamp out the Republican party and conservatives since Trump was elected. It started the day Trump was elected with riots and hasn't stopped since. You can't even wear a MAGA hat without being accosted.
                            Yeah but folks wearing MAGA hats are asking for it.

I wonder how many women have realized that the left now justifies physical assault based upon what someone is wearing. Talk about your War on Women.

Comment

Gah! It's the liberals who have been trying to stamp out the Republican party and conservatives since Trump was elected. It started the day Trump was elected with riots and hasn't stopped since. You can't even wear a MAGA hat without being accosted. Or be a Republican without being run out of restaurants or bullied. Where have you been for the last three years.
                              Do you believe any of that rises to the level of shutting down polling sites, disenfranchising voters, or gerrymandering districts in order to ensure one party is heavily favored in every election?

--Sam
                              "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                                No one denies Andy had a milkshake thrown at him

Brandon Farley, who is an associate of Andy Ngo and has worked with him, thinks the part where he got hit was staged. He notes that nobody who struck Ngo hit him in the face, but the back of the head, and that he didn't recognize the guy who did it and hasn't seen him since. He also noted it was weird for Andy to fly if he really sustained the injury he claimed.
                                Recognize??? As with all of the cowardly Antifa, he was wearing a black hoodie and face mask.

And why would an associate of Ngo recognize some antifa member even if he wasn't masked?

Comment