Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Christianity Today Op Ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
    I am concerned about the purity of human conduct and that of course includes Christians.
    You're often much nicer than the other anti-Christian bigots who post here.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      The evidence quite clearly shows he did commit them. That is why the op-ed was written.
      The problem with saying "the evidence is there" is that it is mostly Dems who think the evidence is there. Galli' assumption of sufficient evidence makes his editorial fail -- he is only addressing those who already hold to his belief. Those who have found only hearsay evidence and opinions in the impeachment process can't be convinced by Galli's opinion. He didn't even address things with any sense of balance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
        I am concerned about the purity of human conduct and that of course includes Christians.
        Riiiiight

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
          The problem with saying "the evidence is there" is that it is mostly Dems who think the evidence is there. Galli' assumption of sufficient evidence makes his editorial fail -- he is only addressing those who already hold to his belief. Those who have found only hearsay evidence and opinions in the impeachment process can't be convinced by Galli's opinion. He didn't even address things with any sense of balance.
          It's a case of the "evidence" "proving" crimes by using the absolute least charitable interpretations of what was said, along with a large dose of mind reading and supposition.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            It's a case of the "evidence" "proving" crimes by using the absolute least charitable interpretations of what was said, along with a large dose of mind reading and supposition.
            No, the evidence is overwhelming, there's just no way that the evidence can break through the nonsensical fixed minds of many republicans like you, CP.

Comment

It doesnt matter who coined the latest taunt, it's still a taunt
              - not a diagnosis.
              Perhaps it's a taunt, Ox, but it's based on observable behavior.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                And yet you can see it for yourself virtually each and every day.

What else explains the compulsion to physically assault someone just for wearing a red hat with MAGA written on it?
                The compulsion is perfectly understandable, the actual assault is not. The MAGA hat represents the treasonous wannabe dictator in the White House, anyone wearing that would anger any good patriotic American.

Comment

You're often much nicer than the other anti-Christian bigots who post here.
                  It's a cheap veneer that's pretty easy to see through.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    And yet you can see it for yourself virtually each and every day.

What else explains the compulsion to physically assault someone just for wearing a red hat with MAGA written on it?
                    It happens on both sides rogue. But the rhetoric of Trump is incindiary and hateful, and that will push some people over the edge, just like incendiary and hateful rhetoric from peta or white supremicists or antifa.

If you traffic in hate, you will reap hate.heck, sometimes even if you go non violence and you fight against hate. You will reap hate. E.g Martin Luther King. How much more so if your motto is "if they hit you, hit back 10x harder"
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Perhaps it's a taunt, Ox, but it's based on observable behavior.
                      No cp, it is a manifestation of hate and disdain for those whose opinions are not understood.

I see at least the same illogical, mind numbingly stupid comments coming from followers of Trump those same people think they see in me.

Case in point the continued attempts to claim Trump did not try to manipulate Ukraine with the aid. Just bottom of the barrel stupid

And yet ...
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-21-2019, 02:14 PM.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        It's a cheap veneer that's pretty easy to see through.
                        I think part of it is his unfamiliarity with the (less) finer points and attributes of the English language.

Comment

No cp, it is a manifestation of hate and disdain for those whose opinions are not understood.
                          Naw, it's simply an attempt to understand why so many people are so absolutely obsessed with Trump.

Comment

Naw, it's simply an attempt to understand why so many people are so absolutely obsessed with Trump.
                            So then, why are you so absolutely obsessed with the corrupt, immoral Trump?

Comment

I see at least the same illogical, mind numbingly stupid comments coming from followers of Trump those same people think they see in me.

Case in point the continued attempts to claim Trump did not try to manipulate Ukraine with the aid. Just bottom of the barrel stupid

And yet ...
                              I gave you my response to this, Ox, and, if I'm not mistaken, you chose not to respond.

It had to do with the eternal vs the temporal.

My apologies if you responded and I missed it - we tend to have a lot of drive-by foolishness posts scattered throughout.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                                But since he sees the evidence as clear and irrefutable. He feels he must speak out.

We dont always have absolute proof - especially when the leaders are truly bad. You have rumors, strange goings on, things you know speak all day long of something really bad happening. But not proof.

We have a good deal more than that here. And yet the followers of Trump hold onto blind faith there is some explanation for what happened other than the obvious one, or they play the technicality game, knowing he's guilty as sin but also knowing he seems to be getting away with it and he's good for them personally

Comment