Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Real Clear Average - Polling for Support of Impeachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Marcy Laptur (D-OH) is using her 2 minutes to rail against Putin -- I think she missed the memo that the Russian Collusion Delusion failed the focus group test.
    I think they realize this could be their last show, so they're pulling out their greatest hits.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I think they realize this could be their last show, so they're pulling out their greatest hits.
      One of the highlights was Al Green making a goofy speech with a big poster picture of a little kid --- if Green actually had a case, he wouldn't have to use a child as a prop.

Dem Rep. Al Green Uses Debunked Child Separation Photo In Impeachment Speech

Crying-Girl.jpg

This is how desperate and dishonest these clowns are!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Also notice that he didn't name an actual crime.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Also notice that he didn't name an actual crime.
          Nixon - Actual Crime - burglary, and more
          Clinton - Actual Crime - Perjury, and more
          Trump - Actual Crime - beating Hillary?

And NONE of them were, or will be, removed by the Senate, and the Democrats know that.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And NONE of them were, or will be, removed by the Senate, and the Democrats know that.
            Saying Nixon wasn't removed by the Senate is technically correct but highly misleading in this context. He would have been, but chose to resign first.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
              Saying Nixon wasn't removed by the Senate is technically correct but highly misleading in this context. He would have been, but chose to resign first.
              I assumed that was common knowledge, and I did say they were "not removed by the Senate".

I think it would only be highly misleading to somebody who wanted to see it that way. And it's not just "technically correct" - it's a fact of history.

Comment

<taps on glass>

"Federal Criminal Offenses and the Impeachment of Donald J. Trump", Andrew Weissmann et al.
                "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

You got a point, Sam? Make it. Argument by weblink is a no-no.

Comment

And, of course, Nixon wasn't charged with burglary in his articles of impeachment ... perhaps because Nixon did not break into the Watergate Hotel. Article I charged Nixon with obstruction of justice relating to the cover-up of the Watergate burglary.

--Sam
                    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

You got a point, Sam? Make it. Argument by weblink is a no-no.
                      The headline is sufficient to answer your question mark regarding Trump's "Actual Crime".

--Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        And, of course, Nixon wasn't charged with burglary in his articles of impeachment ...
                        Yes, everybody knows that -- you just looking for a fight?

perhaps because Nixon did not break into the Watergate Hotel. Article I charged Nixon with obstruction of justice relating to the cover-up of the Watergate burglary.

--Sam
                        It was quite obvious he was connected to an ACTUAL CRIME, Sam... so obvious that his own men eventually convinced him to resigh.

Comment

The headline is sufficient to answer your question mark regarding Trump's "Actual Crime".

--Sam
                          Wow, too bad Schiff and Pelosi didn't consult YOU instead of the focus group!

Comment

Wow, too bad Schiff and Pelosi didn't consult YOU instead of the focus group!
                            I thought the focus group thing was why Democrats were talking about bribery ... which is a crime?

It's one thing for y'all to say that you don't believe Trump committed any criminal behaviors in sending Giuliani and others to pressure Ukraine -- first to not help the FBI's investigation of Manafort's crimes and then to help Trump's political campaign by announcing investigations into Joe Biden and its own non-existent servers -- or in any of the several subsequent official government tools (WH meeting, security aid) used to further exert pressure. Or, for that matter, the administration's cover-up of what very much seems to include a number of FARA violations.

It's something ... else to keep claiming, over and over, that there isn't a fairly well-worn trail of people who have outlined potential criminal behaviors in the whole saga, looking incredulously around saying "Where's the crime?!"

And when outlining the alleged crimes of -other- presidents to compare against Trump, it would doubly help to be accurate and precise. It's important, for example, that the articles of impeachment against Trump are actually built from the articles of impeachment against Nixon, which included obstruction of justice and Congress, along with abuse of power.

--Sam

Comment

I thought the focus group thing was why Democrats were talking about bribery ... which is a crime?
                              So why did they back away from that? Why didn't they actually make that an article of impeachment?

It's one thing for y'all to say that you don't believe Trump committed any criminal behaviors in sending Giuliani and others to pressure Ukraine -- first to not help the FBI's investigation of Manafort's crimes and then to help Trump's political campaign by announcing investigations into Joe Biden and its own non-existent servers -- or in any of the several subsequent official government tools (WH meeting, security aid) used to further exert pressure. Or, for that matter, the administration's cover-up of what very much seems to include a number of FARA violations.

It's something ... else to keep claiming, over and over, that there isn't a fairly well-worn trail of people who have outlined potential criminal behaviors in the whole saga, looking incredulously around saying "Where's the crime?!"
                              And, again, why wasn't that any article of impeachment?

And when outlining the alleged crimes of -other- presidents to compare against Trump, it would doubly help to be accurate and precise.
                              The point, Sam, was that none of them were REMOVED BY THE SENATE.

It's important, for example, that the articles of impeachment against Trump are actually built from the articles of impeachment against Nixon, which included obstruction of justice and Congress, along with abuse of power.

--Sam
                              And bribery, right?

Have a good evening, Sam.

Comment

So why did they back away from that? Why didn't they actually make that an article of impeachment?

And, again, why wasn't that any article of impeachment?

The point, Sam, was that none of them were REMOVED BY THE SENATE.

And bribery, right?

Have a good evening, Sam.

You don't see the double standard in first saying that Nixon's Actual Crime was burglary, despite that not being an article of impeachment, because he was "connected to an ACTUAL CRIME" and then turning around incredulously asking why, if Trump is connected to several potential crimes here, they're not articles of impeachment?

You can't see that you're holding two mutually exclusive standards there?

--Sam

Comment