Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Little Greta comes clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clearer photo:

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Now that is undeniable hypocrisy. Even her proponents can't deny that that is Greta being hypocritical, even those who pooh-poohed the video I posted of her Tesla full of that kind of stuff.
      They'll just claim it's Photoshopped, or that the picture lacks proper context, or some other convenient rationalization.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        They'll just claim it's Photoshopped, or that the picture lacks proper context, or some other convenient rationalization.
        Yes, I thought of that when I posted my comment. There will always be some excuse for the hypocritical behaviour of the left.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

00000000000000aaa3ca2.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• It looks like Hulu will be making a documentary about her

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

They can't - there was a meme going around with that photo showing starving kids in the window, and the fact checkers showed it was fake by showing the real photo, which I linked to above.

https://www.ladbible.com/news/news-f...trage-20190927

Comment

• Er, are we gonna criticize her until she agrees to become 100% ... what? I'm no fan and her parents should be brought up on charges (parental stupidity) but let's not become the enemy we are fighting.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  Er, are we gonna criticize her until she agrees to become 100% ... what? I'm no fan and her parents should be brought up on charges (parental stupidity) but let's not become the enemy we are fighting.
                  After her tirade on camera blaming everyone else for ruining her childhood and destroying the planet, it would help if she wasn't doing the very thing she is condemning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Leo, it reeks of scam. Let me reverse the question: why can't climate believers propose pragmatic measures that don't attack the prosperity of developed nations or the progress of the developing world?
                    In all fairness they did, and then the world did nothing for fifteen years. The proposals are honestly still fairly reasonable, with a total transition to renewables and nuclear power by 2050 in the US and Europe, and in 2100 in Africa, India and China.

There are things that bother me because I am familiar enough with statistical analysis that I know better than accept weighted data without a good look under the hood. Weighting temperature data screams 'data collection error ' but if I ask all I get told is how stupid I am.
                    I have never told you, that you are stupid Teal. As for the idea about 'weighted data', I haven't been part of the discussions you've been in. I don't think you're stupid.

But it's now an uphill battle to convince me because I see way too much evidence of a political scam.
                    I am sorry Teal, I'm also frustrated, because it seems this is a question that divides politically. I used to be more right wing than I am now, but the rights refusal to acknowledge, or even propose solutions to the problem has seriously disillusioned me on right wing politics as something that responsibly handle global problems.

Now where do we go from here? I try to challenge conservatives on this, what would they propose, but all I hear is that its a scam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]41445[/ATTACH]

And she has $240,000 worth of Bananas!!!!
                      No to rain on your Greta hating fest, but diesel trains are way more environmentally friendly than cars. Also Sweden has mostly electrified rails, so the claim that she's riding in a "diesel burning train" likely reflects the fact that the guy writing that poster is american.

If you're going to hate her, at least get the facts right.

Comment

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                        Have you considered that the skeptics might be correct?
                        Yes, I used to be a climate skeptic, and I've debated Mountain Man a couple of times on it.

which is why they
                        The all-powerful 'they'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                          No to rain on your Greta hating fest, but diesel trains are way more environmentally friendly than cars. Also Sweden has mostly electrified rails, so the claim that she's riding in a "diesel burning train" likely reflects the fact that the guy writing that poster is american.

If you're going to hate her, at least get the facts right.
                          I wasn't even paying attention to that line. Strange that you did while ignoring everything else in the photo.

Comment

Which scientists, the ones who insist that man is responsible for catastrophic climate change, or the ones who dispute that hypothesis?
                            Science is the work of a community, science is not the work of individuals. There are individual scientists that dissent, Judith Curry being one of the better ones. Yet as time passes the conclusion of community isn't changing on this. I'm open to hearing alternative explanations, but aside from Judith Curry and others pointing out to uncertainties in the vapour positive feedback cycle, there hasn't really been any good argument out there that would show that the effects of human CO2 output will be negligible.

Even Svensmark who have his very cool and interesting alternative hypothesis argues that modern climate change can't be explained by his proposal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                              Now where do we go from here? I try to challenge conservatives on this, what would they propose, but all I hear is that its a scam.
                              And I responded - we need more natural gas and much more nuclear. But the left won't even let these get off the ground. So we are dead in the water. I have also offered more draconian measures. All transportation (save emergency vehicles) that use fossil fuels should have 40 mph governors fitted on them. Drop all speed limits to 40 mph or lower nation wide.
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                                But the left won't even let these get off the ground. So we are dead in the water. I have also offered more draconian measures. All transportation (save emergency vehicles) that use fossil fuels should have 40 mph governors fitted on them.
                                You did, that's true. It is also I think a conservative answer, that focuses on political change that allows the industry to freely evolve their own solution by rolling back regulations.

I just really wish there was more of that in the conservative community that focused on combating climate change, and not on short term stuff.

Comment