Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Democrats got cowtowed into bowing to Pelosi's insanity, more like.
    Pelosi is creating time for thinking Americans to recognise that Moscow Mitch and the republican Senate are working with the President in order to cover-up his crimes with a sham trial. In the mean time more and more evidence is emerging which the Senate will have to deal with one way or the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Why, then, did you accuse me of "obviously" not having read the article? Derp.
      Like I said, because your quote of "more accurately" wasn't more accurate, it was exactly the same thing the article said. Just sayin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        The Huber head-fake.

It would be interesting to see the actual details of the investigation. I wonder if it's another case of "Despite there being clear evidence that crimes were committed, no reasonable prosecutor would press charges"?
        Never give up, MM. This was the Trump/Sessions DOJ appointed investigator, remember. But the lies prevailed because enough of the american electorate, yourself included, is very gullible and easily persuaded into electing the actual crook .
        Last edited by JimL; 01-10-2020, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Pelosi is creating time for thinking Americans to recognise that Moscow Mitch and the republican Senate are working with the President in order to cover-up his crimes with a sham trial. In the mean time more and more evidence is emerging which the Senate will have to deal with one way or the other.
          It isn't working.

Far more likely she is delaying in hopes that thinking Americans might forget what a joke the impeachment circus was.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            Never give up, MM. This was the Trump/Sessions DOJ appointed investigator, remember. But the lies prevailed because enough of the american electorate, yourself included, is very gullible and easily persuaded into electing the actual crook .
            Why don't you want to know the details of the investigation? When it comes to Trump, you want every salacious rumor to be trotted out, but when it's your own bull being gored, suddenly you're studiously disinterested.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Like I said, because your quote of "more accurately" wasn't more accurate, it was exactly the same thing the article said. Just sayin.
              That doesn't even make sense, Jim. I was correcting MM, not the article.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Why don't you want to know the details of the investigation? When it comes to Trump, you want every salacious rumor to be trotted out, but when it's your own bull being gored, suddenly you're studiously disinterested.
                Unlike yourself when it comes to the details and evidence concerning the Trump trial, I have no problem with seeing the details of the Hillary investigation. The investigation exonerated her though. Trump hasn't been exonerated in either the Mueller investigation into Russian collusion or the Ukrainian scheme and you are arguing against seeing those details in the Senate trial.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  That doesn't even make sense, Jim. I was correcting MM, not the article.
                  MM sited the article to make his point.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    It isn't working.
                    Well it's obviously not working on the likes of you, there's no hope of that. I said thinking Americans.

Far more likely she is delaying in hopes that thinking Americans might forget what a joke the impeachment circus was.
                    Actually thinking Americans minds can be changed concerning the Impeachment, but of course there is nothing that could change your mind in particular.

Comment

Since this is in direct response to my post about the quote and it uncategorically disputes that quote, it very definitely calls my source into question.
                      I'll accept that, by some reasoning which makes sense to you, I was calling your source into question. In another thread you said I needed to ask for clarification rather than make biased assumptions. Here you did not ask for clarification but I provided it nonetheless. Do you now see that I was not intending to dispute what your source said or the accuracy of their reporting? If you're going to continue to impugn my motives over my explicit words then I don't see how productive dialog will be possible.
                      Last edited by DivineOb; 01-10-2020, 10:29 AM.

Comment

MM sited the article to make his point.
                        More accurately, he cited the article. As it happens, his point was somewhat off the mark. I have no idea why you decided that my correction was something you needed to attempt to ridicule me for.
                        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Well it's obviously not working on the likes of you, there's no hope of that. I said thinking Americans.
                          The polls show that it has either had no effect or that Trump's approval ratings have gone up. That is why the leftist meme that the drone strike against Soleimani was done to distract attention away from the stalled impeachment circus is asinine in the extreme.

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Actually thinking Americans minds can be changed concerning the Impeachment, but of course there is nothing that could change your mind in particular.
                          What in the world would you know about "actual thinking Americans"? All that pot smoke has atrophied your ability to reason.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Apparently she is not saying that she was misquoted but rather that "I did not mean to say that."
                            Which is perfectly fair. I think she's just walking it back but who hasn't run off at the mouth, so maybe she did just misspeak.

But the accusation of being misquoted is a serious one - and I'd have a big problem with a rep's office outright lying to me like that.

I can respect a rep owning up to having said something they didn't mean. But not implying a source is lying when the quote is acurate.

So I have no issue with the walk back - people are entitled to change their minds.
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

And she isn't the only Democrat yesterday who has walked back their criticism of Pelosi for refusing to send the articles of impeachment to the Senate.

The chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, Adam Smith (D-WA) told CNN's John Berman on New Day yesterday that "it is time" for Pelosi to send the articles to the Senate but has since retracted his call.

In any case, a number of Democrats in Congress are getting tired of Pelosi's games and are telling her to stop:

But some Senate Democrats are getting restless after Congress returned this week and an end to the stand-off over the impeachment articles did not appear imminent. McConnell ticked off comments from several rank-and-file Senate Democrats on Tuesday advocating for Pelosi to transmit the articles to the Senate, urging Schumer to "listen to his own members" and start the impeachment trial.
                              Yeah, realistically, there's some fighting going on in their backroom. Pelosi managed to quell the first brush fires, but Dems are feeling the heat at home and eventually, they're gonna want the fire put out.
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Which is perfectly fair. I think she's just walking it back but who hasn't run off at the mouth, so maybe she did just misspeak.

But the accusation of being misquoted is a serious one - and I'd have a big problem with a rep's office outright lying to me like that.

I can respect a rep owning up to having said something they didn't mean. But not implying a source is lying when the quote is acurate.

So I have no issue with the walk back - people are entitled to change their minds.
                                I suspect that she probably wished that she had conveyed her dissatisfaction privately rather than publicly.
                                Last edited by rogue06; 01-10-2020, 03:11 PM. Reason: one too many "she"s

Comment