Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    I'm just reporting what I was told. That's why I put "misquoted" in quotation marks.

Jimminy Christmas keep your knickers on.
    Yeah - no. You called my source into question so I addressed it - and ended up calling your source into question. Fox or Politico could have made an error - but it hasn't been shown. But Feinstein's office? Are you really okay with that?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      The democrats all walked back their comments today and put their confidence in Pelosi.
      Democrats got cowtowed into bowing to Pelosi's insanity, more like.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Yes, democrats can have and voice differing opinions as to political tactics, but ultimately they'll also put their trust in the hands of she who they respect the most.
        Are you okay? Seriously, this is creepy.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          Are you okay? Seriously, this is creepy.
          I think it's his attempt at mimicking firstfloor's wit, but he's not nearly as clever a wordsmith.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yeah - no. You called my source into question so I addressed it - and ended up calling your source into question. Fox or Politico could have made an error - but it hasn't been shown. But Feinstein's office? Are you really okay with that?
            I called Feinstein's office because I'm a constituent who wanted to hear what they had to say. I reported what they said because I thought it would be of general interest. If they had said they stand by the quote I would have reported that as well as a matter of general interest. If they had said she will put out a clarifying statement later today I would have reported that as a matter of general interest etc.

I just called her office and here is what I was told.

The senator was "misquoted" in that article.
            The Senator has always and continues to support Pelosi on her handling of impeachment.
            An impeachment trial must include all relevant witnesses and documents.

Make of that what you will.
            If you think I called your source into question then quote me, exactly, where I did that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              If the articles never make it to the Senate then they're effectively voided, so if the Senate votes to dismiss before Nancy can make up her scattered mind, then it will be like impeachment never happened.

Comment

Yes, democrats can have and voice differing opinions as to political tactics, but ultimately they'll also put their trust in the hands of she who they respect the most.
                So you're saying that effectively the Democratic Party is a cult.

Well they certainly have drank the Impeachment Kool-Aid

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• But it sure exposes the constantly repeated claim that it must be done post haste with no delay as nothing more than yet another lie.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    I think it's his attempt at mimicking firstfloor's wit, but he's not nearly as clever a wordsmith.
                    He's simply, as he said, "not the brightest bulb in the socket."

Comment

• Since this is in direct response to my post about the quote and it uncategorically disputes that quote, it very definitely calls my source into question.

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                      I just called her office and here is what I was told.

The senator was "misquoted" in that article.
                      The Senator has always and continues to support Pelosi on her handling of impeachment.
                      An impeachment trial must include all relevant witnesses and documents.

Make of that what you will.
                      You posted it so it follows that you have brought the question. I later noticed that MM had posted the same quote from a tweet so I suppose you could have been responding to his post but either way, you brought the authenticity of the quote into question.

But this is what should be of concern, especially to a constituent:

01/08/2020 01:52 PM EST
                      Updated: 01/08/2020 03:34 PM EST

Copied approximately 4:55 am CST on 1/10/20 Note no change from the previous - does Feinstein's office not know how to contact Politico?
                      Last edited by Teallaura; 01-10-2020, 05:01 AM.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Lock him up -
                        WaPo

Comment

Since this is in direct response to my post about the quote and it uncategorically disputes that quote, it very definitely calls my source into question.

You posted it so it follows that you have brought the question. I later noticed that MM had posted the same quote from a tweet so I suppose you could have been responding to his post but either way, you brought the authenticity of the quote into question.

But this is what should be of concern, especially to a constituent:

01/08/2020 01:52 PM EST
                          Updated: 01/08/2020 03:34 PM EST

Copied approximately 4:55 am CST on 1/10/20 Note no change from the previous - does Feinstein's office not know how to contact Politico?
                          Apparently she is not saying that she was misquoted but rather that "I did not mean to say that."

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Apparently she is not saying that she was misquoted but rather that "I did not mean to say that."
                            And she isn't the only Democrat yesterday who has walked back their criticism of Pelosi for refusing to send the articles of impeachment to the Senate.

The chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, Adam Smith (D-WA) told CNN's John Berman on New Day yesterday that "it is time" for Pelosi to send the articles to the Senate but has since retracted his call.

In any case, a number of Democrats in Congress are getting tired of Pelosi's games and are telling her to stop:

But some Senate Democrats are getting restless after Congress returned this week and an end to the stand-off over the impeachment articles did not appear imminent. McConnell ticked off comments from several rank-and-file Senate Democrats on Tuesday advocating for Pelosi to transmit the articles to the Senate, urging Schumer to "listen to his own members" and start the impeachment trial.

Comment

Well yeah, that's the point, OBP. You said "more accurately, she got the idea from watching John Dean on CNN" but you simply repeated what the article said which was that "she got the idea from watching John Dean on CNN." Just sayin!
                              Why, then, did you accuse me of "obviously" not having read the article? Derp.
                              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                                Lock him up -

WaPo
                                The Huber head-fake.

It would be interesting to see the actual details of the investigation. I wonder if it's another case of "Despite there being clear evidence that crimes were committed, no reasonable prosecutor would press charges"?
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment