Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Elizabeth Warren's Pregnant Pause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam
    replied

If you care more about not being "forced" to provide business to people regardless of class than you care about children and families seeking asylum to be locked in cages for weeks and held indefinitely in detention or turned back into a dangerous Mexican region where they're vulnerable to rape, kidnapping, or death then there's something deeply wrong with your soul.

That applies to everyone.

--Sam

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
    Who are you telling me to dial it down? Huh? Huh? There's no way that I'm angry, you nudger of herbivores prodder of bovines, you...

... oh, wait.

I might have let my emotions get the better of me...
    FIFY n/c.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I accidentally amen'd this post, Pix. I actually don't agree.

Our own conduct should not be determined by our interpretation of what others say.

I really don't think that any reasonable reading of Ox's post - regardless of how wrong you think he might be - rise to the level of "rage mode".

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Than he should stop with the false accusations.
    I accidentally amen'd this post, Pix. I actually don't agree.

Our own conduct should not be determined by our interpretation of what others say.

I really don't think that any reasonable reading of Ox's post - regardless of how wrong you think he might be - would rise to the level of "rage mode".

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
    Who are you telling me to dial it down? Huh? Huh? There's no way that I'm angry, you nudger of herbivores, you...

... oh, wait.

Yeah, I'm trying something new.... In another thread, I said to JimL....

Because we've been reading each other's posts with extreme prejudice. I'm trying not to do that anymore.

I'm imagining sitting at a table with my opponents having a cup of coffee. There are things we would NEVER say to each other eyeball to eyeball that we say in writing on a public forum with our own audiences watching.

(Do you even drink coffee?)

Leave a comment:

• MaxVel
    replied
    Pix, I frequently disagree with Ox, and I push back when he's in his "everybody attacks me" mode, but you can't honestly claim he's in "rage mode". Perhaps we can all dial the hostility down a tad? I'm actually trying that with JimL, with mixed results.
    Who are you telling me to dial it down? Huh? Huh? There's no way that I'm angry, you nudger of herbivores, you...

... oh, wait.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    Pix, I frequently disagree with Ox, and I push back when he's in his "everybody attacks me" mode, but you can't honestly claim he's in "rage mode". Perhaps we can all dial the hostility down a tad? I'm actually trying that with JimL, with mixed results.
    Than he should stop with the false accusations.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Yes pix, it is a road I want to go down. Because you have no problem identifying wrong doing in any person other than Trump. But if it was Trump doing the arresting, you'd be telling me why my TDS was keeping me from understanding it was really all the MSM's fault and parading Lincoln as an example of why Trump doing it wasn't such a bad thing.

So while you like to project onto me your own issues and pretend it is some kind of specific hatred of Trump that I act from, the truth is I act from principle and it would not matter who it was being, acting, and doing the things Trump is doing, it would not matter who it was that had duped half the Christians in this country, I'd be just as concerned, and just as vocal about that person, whoever they might be.
    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 10-17-2019, 09:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Lincoln arrested thousands, without trial, and held them in prison, for years. Is this really the road you want to go down Jim? I just said Lincoln became a legend and the bad things, like him arresting those critical of him, without trial, and having them rot in prison, for years, was among those things swept under the rug. Nobody is perfect Jim, not even honest Abe.
    Yes pix, it is a road I want to go down. Because you have no problem identifying wrong doing in any person other than Trump. But if it was Trump doing the arresting, you'd be telling me why my TDS was keeping me from understanding it was really all the MSM's fault and parading Lincoln as an example of why Trump doing it wasn't such a bad thing.

So while you like to project onto me your own issues and pretend it is some kind of specific hatred of Trump that I act from, the truth is I act from principle and it would not matter who it was being, acting, and doing the things Trump is doing, it would not matter who it was that had duped half the Christians in this country, I'd be just as concerned, and just as vocal about that person, whoever they might be.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    You people have to keep reminding me of my third grade teacher.
    What can I say, I did consider majoring in history before I went with engineering instead.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Could be.

I'm not saying that Lincoln was, but it is possible to be both unpopular and effective.
    You people have to keep reminding me of my third grade teacher.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Could be.

I'm not saying that Lincoln was, but it is possible to be both unpopular and effective.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Regardless, there is no analogy to be made between Lincoln and Trump and therefore no reason to expect that the contemporary opinion of him will be reversed with time. For one, Lincoln's nickname was ... 'Honest Abe' - Lincoln was a man of integrity.

Jim
    Lincoln arrested thousands, without trial, and held them in prison, for years. Is this really the road you want to go down Jim? I just said Lincoln became a legend and the bad things, like him arresting those critical of him, without trial, and having them rot in prison, for years, was among those things swept under the rug. Nobody is perfect Jim, not even honest Abe.
    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 10-17-2019, 08:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Proposing surveillance of Muslim communities and proposing to ban Muslim travel are, quite obviously, far greater violations of religious liberty than proposing to subject public accomodations to anti-discrimination law.

It's not even close.

--Sam

Leave a comment: