Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Speaker Pelosi to announce formal impeachment inquiry of Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    As far as blockheads goes, you're a lost cause Bill. Pelosi knows that not everyone out there is capable of admitting to facts.
    Blockheads is plural. The proper grammatical verb would be "go", not "goes". And Pelosi is AOC's you-know-what.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

They won't be so vulnerable once their constituents can no longer turn a blind eye to this corrupt administration.
      You keep saying stuff like that - and then the whole thing turns to dust. This latest one? Where are the subpoenas? The House has subpoena power but keeps sending letters then complaining of about 'cooperation'. It's BS - subpoena the thing/person and fight it out in court.

But they don't do that - because courts make you show cause and evidence and everything the Dems are trying to avoid. The lack of named accusers and active subpoenas are strong evidence that this whole inquiry is a political gambit. One the Dems are going to regret even more than Russiagate.

Duck season!
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        You keep saying stuff like that - and then the whole thing turns to dust. This latest one? Where are the subpoenas? The House has subpoena power but keeps sending letters then complaining of about 'cooperation'. It's BS - subpoena the thing/person and fight it out in court.

But they don't do that - because courts make you show cause and evidence and everything the Dems are trying to avoid. The lack of named accusers and active subpoenas are strong evidence that this whole inquiry is a political gambit. One the Dems are going to regret even more than Russiagate.

Duck season!

The House has been issuing so many subpoenas (that the administration has ignored and/or is fighting in court) that Trump recently accused Pelosi of handing out subpoenas "like cookies".

Not a strong argument to make.

--Sam
        "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Her intention is to convince as many of the blockheads out there as she can before holding a formal vote. But don't worry yourself, it's coming as the evidence is pouring in.
          Too bad that the evidence is largely contradicting this latest feeble sham.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Too bad that the evidence is largely contradicting this latest feeble sham.
            So sad you're going to lose all credibility when this is over and you continue to ignore, as I'm sure you will, all the evidence against, and all the corruption in, this swamp of an Administration.

Comment

So sad you're going to lose all credibility when this is over and you continue to ignore, as I'm sure you will, all the evidence against, and all the corruption in, this swamp of an Administration.
              And at the end of this nothing burger, the Dems will go to the bar and order another one to chew on like hogs at a trough
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                And at the end of this nothing burger, the Dems will go to the bar and order another one to chew on like hogs at a trough
                You Trumpsters are all in the same ship of fools. This is the most corrupt administration probably in the history of the Country, and you are still blind to it. There are none so blind.........

Comment

You Trumpsters are all in the same ship of fools. This is the most corrupt administration probably in the history of the Country, and you are still blind to it. There are none so blind.........
                  Says the guy with no useful, admissible, direct evidence...
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Says the guy with no useful, admissible, direct evidence...
                    Well there you go, Tea, you're proving my point. We've been giving you evidence for 2 years now and it just can't get through to you. The problem is that you are always looking for an out rather than seeing the facts as they are. The corrupt Atty Gen. helped you all out big time with his false summary of the Mueller report and then went on to aid Trump is his corrupt scheme to undermine U.S. intel's finding that Russia interfered in the 2016 election, trying to pin the blame instead on Ukraine. So, evidence isn't going to change any minds here, I mean, that's been made pretty obvious the past 2 years, you just don't see what you don't want to see. But Trump will be impeached, all the evidence will be in your face, but you will be seeing something else, hoping for some talking heads spin on it that you can cling to, even if it makes little sense.
                    Last edited by JimL; 10-04-2019, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Well there you go, Tea, you're proving my point. We've been giving you evidence for 2 years now and it just can't get through to you. The problem is that you are always looking for an out rather than seeing the facts as they are. The corrupt Atty Gen. helped you all out big time with his false summary of the Mueller report and then went on to aid Trump is his corrupt scheme to undermine U.S. intel's finding that Russia interfered in the 2016 election, trying to pin the blame instead on Ukraine. So, evidence isn't going to change any minds here, I mean, that's been made pretty obvious the past 2 years, but Trump will be impeached, all the evidence will be in your face, but you will be seeing something else, hoping for some talking heads spin on it that you can cling to, even if it makes little sense.
                      You have been concocting silliness for three years...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Interesting...

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Interesting...

Pelosi is burning a constitutional process.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...use-judiciary/
                          https://www.thenation.com/article/tr...hment-history/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Going through the Intelligence and Foreign Affairs Committees also allows those involved to conceal a lot of what they're doing from oversight by the public.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• That doesn't contradict what MM posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Going through the Intelligence and Foreign Affairs Committees also allows those involved to conceal a lot of what they're doing from oversight by the public.
                                Another thing, a formal impeachment panel would be required to seat members of the minority party. By refusing to convene such a panel, Pelosi can keep it entirely in the hands of Democrats.

And sending out legally questionable "demand letters" but calling them subpoenas, which the White House is justifiably challenging in court, gives Democrats the opportunity to spread the canard that Trump is refusing to cooperate with the impeachment inquiry, even though there isn't one if we're following the Constitution.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment