Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Speaker Pelosi to announce formal impeachment inquiry of Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting perspectives from good old Michael Gerson:

Consider this a moment. Trump gloated about beating the charge that he conspired with a foreign government to win an election, during a call in which he proposed to conspire with a foreign government to win reelection.
    And further, Trump thought that releasing the readout of the call would somehow be exculpatory. He has spent so many years in the trash heap of corruption that he can no longer recognize the stench.
    Republicans who defend or excuse him are providing permission for his radical redesign of public life.
    Emphasis mine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...e90_story.html

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      ... spank ... spanked ... spanked.
      Just in case you missed it, piglet.

Nothing to harsh and not that often. None of it was the least bit sexual - and you suggesting that motive just makes you a liar and twisted.
      Talking up Hillary's yoga body is sexual, and when done negatively, is both sexual and blatantly misogynistic, Spanky. Given she's a 71-year-old woman, twisted is a euphemism.

Talking up spanking 16-year-old girls is also sexual, though maybe you really were so butt ignorant as to not know even that much about who you were attacking. Maybe you didn't know she was on the autism spectrum, either, an ignorance with a excusability I'd be happy to let you discuss with me privately and in person, or with my brother, or with the marine, or with some other random TWebber around here.

I'm sure we could find one willing to extend their public outreach.

But you surely did know you were attacking a child.

And defending it.

God forgives you for that, Spanks. I don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Okay, that made me laugh. Very Orwellian of then. Anytime someone tells you what you "need" to hear, that's your cue to look for what they don't want you to hear.
        I kinda predicted that.
        ... any editing will be seen as suspicious, especially editing that removes conspiracy theories.

I follow news and leave conspiracy hunting for those with different preferences. But there's at least one of those I'm still curious about. Where on earth did the president get the idea Ukraine has Hillary's servers? Now that's a conspiracy theory I'm willing to make time for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
          II follow news and leave conspiracy hunting for those with different preferences. But there's at least one of those I'm still curious about. Where on earth did the president get the idea Ukraine has Hillary's servers? Now that's a conspiracy theory I'm willing to make time for.
          You need to pay better attention. He wasn't referring to Hillary's servers but CrowdStrike's. It's the company that helped the Democratic National Committee cover up the supposed "hacking" (remember, they only turned over a redacted report of their findings to US law enforcement and wouldn't let law enforcement anywhere near the servers themselves or the raw forensic date).

I don't know why Trump thinks the CrowdStrike servers are in Ukraine, so there's obviously some additional context we're unaware since Zelinsky didn't seem at all confused by the question but indicated that he wanted to find out as well.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Just in case you missed it, piglet.

Talking up Hillary's yoga body is sexual, and when done negatively, is both sexual and blatantly misogynistic, Spanky. Given she's a 71-year-old woman, twisted is a euphemism.
            I would have said the same thing about an old fat man who claimed to be doing yoga all those years.

Talking up spanking 16-year-old girls is also sexual, though maybe you really were so butt ignorant as to not know even that much about who you were attacking. Maybe you didn't know she was on the autism spectrum, either, an ignorance with a excusability I'd be happy to let you discuss with me privately and in person, or with my brother, or with the marine, or with some other random TWebber around here.
            Bonehead, I had no idea how old she was or that she was on the spectrum, I just saw her speaking at the UN. And not the whole speech. And I'm not sure what the Marine thing is about since I am a former Leatherneck. I guess we have some special insight?

But you surely did know you were attacking a child.

And defending it.

God forgives you for that, Spanks. I don't.
            Disciplining a wayward child is not an attack. The real question is why an off handed remark so triggered you, and led your twisted mind to sexual innuendos...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I kinda predicted that.
              ... any editing will be seen as suspicious, especially editing that removes conspiracy theories.

I follow news and leave conspiracy hunting for those with different preferences. But there's at least one of those I'm still curious about. [B]Where on earth did the president get the idea Ukraine has Hillary's servers?[B] Now that's a conspiracy theory I'm willing to make time for.
              Where else, his buddy Putin. He's trying to shift the blame from Vlad, his partner in crime, to our ally Ukraine, even though U.S. intel has made it perfectly clear it was Russia.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                Somewhere along this path, the GOP dumps Trump, Barr commits suicide, and Pence gets a couple of months in the hot seat, before the Dems win the next Presidential election.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Where else, his buddy Putin. He's trying to shift the blame from Vlad, his partner in crime, to our ally Ukraine, even though U.S. intel has made it perfectly clear it was Russia.
                  Yes. We all know the inquiry by the special counsel, Mueller, showed that Russia was attempting to swing the presidential election in favor of Trump. This is not in doubt. But, naturally, Trump and his ally William Barr, is seeking to discredit the FBI investigation by constructing a vast, delusional conspiracy theory that foreign powers OTHER than Russia were working to secure

Comment

• Schiff has prior knowledge of the complaint!
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• He didn't have prior knowledge of the details of the complaint, just that there was a complaint. Common practice, no big deal. Besides, this is just another attempt to deflect. The evidence is the transcript itself, not the process of making the complaint. More lies from Trump, par for the course!

Comment

• The whistleblower had first attempted to work through the CIA general counsel but the complaint was reportedly quashed by the administration. So the timeline would suggest that the whistleblower reached out to the Intelligence Committee and Schiff's staff told them how to lawfully escalate the complaint to the ICIG, with the understanding that the statute requires the complaint goes to Congress if deemed credible and urgent.

Or, in other words, the lawful, appropriate way to receive the complaint. Once the timeline had considerably elapsed, Schiff & other Intelligence Committee members would know that it exists and could demand it.

The fact that Schiff knew that complaint had been made was evident from Day 1 and the likelihood from the start was that the whistleblower or their attorney had approached the committee.

--Sam
                        "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

He didn't have prior knowledge of the details of the complaint, just that there was a complaint. Common practice, no big deal. Besides, this is just another attempt to deflect. The evidence is the transcript itself, not the process of making the complaint. More lies from Trump, par for the course!
                          the complaint didn't yet exist.
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            the complaint didn't yet exist.
                            Well, then Schiff didn't have the details of the complaint!

Comment

Well, then Schiff didn't have the details of the complaint!
                              He shouldn't have known about it at all.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                                He shouldn't have known about it at all.
                                Says who? Reads Sams post above.

Comment