Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Speaker Pelosi to announce formal impeachment inquiry of Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    You mean like the 30,000 e-mails that Clinton deleted when they were under subpoena?

https://www.factcheck.org/2016/09/th...intons-emails/
    She, like others have done, including members of the Trump administration, was using a private server which she wasn't supposed to be doing, she wasn't trying to undermine democracy, democratic elections, and the Constitution like Trump.
    Or when the Clinton campaign tried to Get the Ukraine to dig up dirt on Trump?

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...ackfire-233446
    First off, Clinton was not the president of the U.S., second, I didn't read the article, so I'll get back to you.

Ah, I see, it seems Chalupa was on her own, not directed by Clinton or the DNC. And she actually dug up real dirt, she didn't ask the government to investigate or to manurfacture dirt like Trump did.
    Last edited by JimL; 09-27-2019, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      She, like others have done, including members of the Trump administration, was using a private server which she wasn't supposed to be doing, she wasn't trying to undermine democracy, democratic elections, and the Constitution like Trump.
      Jim was it wrong to delete 30,000 e-mails while they were under subpoena? Is that the kind of Democracy you are talking about?

First off, Clinton was not the president of the U.S., second, I didn't read the article, so I'll get back to you.
      So what? They were still using a foreign government to dig up dirt on a political opponent - exactly what Trump is accused of.

Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office. They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. , a Politico investigation found
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• It's weird how people keep bringing up Ukraine's info on Manafort like it was some political hit job even though he's currently in prison for doin' crimes related to his Ukraine work and his own daughter described his payments from the former Ukrainian president as "blood money".

But they keep saying "Clinton campaign" when that's patently false, too, so I guess one can't bother too much with detail.
        "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
          It's weird how people keep bringing up Ukraine's info on Manafort like it was some political hit job even though he's currently in prison for doin' crimes related to his Ukraine work and his own daughter described his payments from the former Ukrainian president as "blood money".

But they keep saying "Clinton campaign" when that's patently false, too, so I guess one can't bother too much with detail.
          No it is not false Sam, the Clinton campaign was using the Ukraine connection to dig up dirt on Trump, and not only on Manafort but on possible Trump Russian connections. This was the Clinton campaign not the US Justice Dept. It is EXACTLY what they are accusing Trump of!
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            If Trump isn't guilty then it would just be politics, but he is, so it isn't.

Well, true, there are no profiles in courage in the Republican Senate. You've elected quite an unethical bunch.

The validity of the evidence, not the provider of it is what matters.

Oh Please, the Republicans have made it perfectly clear what they think of the intel agencies, and it isn't worship. They care about one thing, and that's holding power regardless of the consequences to democratic institutions.

Unlike yourself, Liberal Progressive Democrats like myself are more interested in the fate of the country, of our democratic system of governance than we are in any particular election. What got Trump elected was Russian interference and a dumbed down, groupthink electorate susceptible to propaganda.
            Okay, now I'm confused. Putting aside your claims of Russian interference boosting the election, which is too cartoonishly retarded for me to even address (nor do I care to), if you believe the senate is unethical and that they only care about wielding power, then what makes you think they'll boot Trump out? That was my whole point basically, minus the unethical part. The idea you believe they're unethical and want to keep their power confirms my belief even more that they won't risk the 2020 election strictly for political reasons
            Last edited by seanD; 09-27-2019, 11:39 AM.

Comment

All that yoga didn't seem to help much.
              A high school cheerleader video is calling on you, spanky. You up for that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                A high school cheerleader video is calling on you, spanky. You up for that?
                Idiot, I'm not the one claiming all this yoga involvement...

Comment

Idiot, I'm not the one claiming all this yoga involvement...
                  I'm not the one posting about spanking 16 year old girls.

And I'm figuring folks can figure out how to characterize that on their own.

Comment

• They can be accessed only with a code word, and a senior White House official must request the transfer of the document to this system, according to current and former administration officials.

The subpoenas almost write themselves.

Comment

That really triggered you - sorry if it brought up some unpleasant childhood memories... Perhaps you should seek professional help...

Comment

They can be accessed only with a code word, and a senior White House official must request the transfer of the document to this system, according to current and former administration officials.

The subpoenas almost write themselves.
                        As was explained earlier, this became standard practice in the Trump White House in an effort to quash leaks that could jeopardize our national security or hurt our relations with other world leaders (like when someone tried to embarrass Trump by leaking a conversation with an Australian head of state). Think about it: how is the US supposed to conduct business on the world stage if other leaders fear they can't trust members of our government to maintain confidentiality?
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And I'm figuring folks can figure out how to characterize that on their own.
                          You're doubling down on being a jerk.

And being a jerk on another topic.
                          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

That really triggered you - sorry if it brought up some unpleasant childhood memories... Perhaps you should seek professional help...
                            There's no need to be a jerk because he's being one.
                            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              There's no need to be a jerk because he's being one.
                              Talk to the hand.

spanky.jpg

After he washes it, I mean.

If Spanky wants to bring his misogyny into my threads, I'm okay with that, so long as he's okay with being reminded that conservatism means facing up to the consequences of your actions.

Comment

Talk to the hand.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39945[/ATTACH]

After he washes it, I mean.

If Spanky wants to bring his misogyny into my threads, I'm okay with that, so long as he's okay with being reminded that conservatism means facing up to the consequences of your actions.
                                Idiot, how is that misogyny?

Comment