Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Inspector General's Report On Comey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    They couldn't have stopped Mueller after he indicted Trump either. He had the power, he indicted a lot of others. He could have at least recommended Trump be indicted. And no he didn't do that or even suggest it.

This is just you continuing with your special pleading fallacy Jim. Give it up. It makes you sound dishonest and desperate.
    Actually yes Mueller did recomend tat Congress make the determination. He stated that "The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing." He couldn't do it according to the Constitution in his opinion, so he did the only thing he could do which was to hand the evidence over for Congressional oversight and a formal accusation of wrongdoing should they so determine that there was wrongdoing. Barr, being a corrupt Trumpian himself, tried to put a stop to that, but, though his lies concerning the report slowed the process and gave Trump some temporary cover, it didn't work to stop the process completely. The Administration is still obstructing in every way they can, which in itself is telling, but it will eventually happen.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      Gee, even with Trump and his appointees at the helm they can't do anything about it.
      It's almost like Trump isn't the tyrannical dictator that liberals make him out to be.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I'm actually really surprised. I thought for sure they'd make Comey the fall-guy, if for nothing else, to at least throw a bone to the deluded QAnon Trump supporters. They didn't even do that. Damn, that's harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Just came out - a lot to go through. He certainly violated policy, but no charges are being brought.

https://oig.justice.gov/reports/2019/o1902.pdf
          Where are you getting the no charges information, Seer? I can't find anything like that in the document.

Edit: never mind - found it.
          Last edited by Teallaura; 08-29-2019, 07:41 PM.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I still think Comey letting Hillary off was his greater crime. From the document...

The responsibility to protect sensitive law enforcement information falls in large part to the employees of the FBI who have access to it through their daily duties. On occasion, some of these employees may disagree with decisions by prosecutors, judges, or higher ranking FBI and Department officials about the actions to take or not take in criminal and counterintelligence matters. They may even, in some situations, distrust the legitimacy of those supervisory, prosecutorial, or judicial decisions. But even when these employees believe that their most strongly-held personal convictions might be served by an unauthorized disclosure, the FBI depends on them not to disclose sensitive information.
            Comey's an obvious political hack that did what he did to serve is own biased ends, and if it had been anyone else the establishment didn't approve of, they would have been prosecuted. But putting that aside, the above just reeks of a federal criminal institutional desperately setting up legal barriers against whistleblowers intent on exposing this institution of its criminality and corruption, and they use "national security" as an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Actually yes Mueller did recomend tat Congress make the determination. He stated that "The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing." He couldn't do it according to the Constitution in his opinion, so he did the only thing he could do which was to hand the evidence over for Congressional oversight and a formal accusation of wrongdoing should they so determine that there was wrongdoing. Barr, being a corrupt Trumpian himself, tried to put a stop to that, but, though his lies concerning the report slowed the process and gave Trump some temporary cover, it didn't work to stop the process completely. The Administration is still obstructing in every way they can, which in itself is telling, but it will eventually happen.
              He did not recommend that Trump be indicted. That is what we were talking about. He basically chickened out and said nothing.

He could have said "Trump should be indicted but because of the DOJ rules I am unable to. It is up to you congress"

But he didn't.

And Comey should face sanctions and criminal charges for his actions. He was the freaking LEADER of the FBI and he couldn't even follow his own rules? He broke his oath and his duty to his office and to the President. If what he did wasn't wrong, why did he go through a friend to leak it? Why did he deny it afterwards and only admit it after he was found out? Honest people don't hide their actions.

Comment

I think they should take away his retirement for his dereliction of duty and breaking his oath of office, at the very least.

Comment

He did not recommend that Trump be indicted. That is what we were talking about. He basically chickened out and said nothing.

He could have said "Trump should be indicted but because of the DOJ rules I am unable to. It is up to you congress"

But he didn't.

And Comey should face sanctions and criminal charges for his actions. He was the freaking LEADER of the FBI and he couldn't even follow his own rules? He broke his oath and his duty to his office and to the President. If what he did wasn't wrong, why did he go through a friend to leak it? Why did he deny it afterwards and only admit it after he was found out? Honest people don't hide their actions.
                  I don't think he chickened out. I think he simply recognized that there was nothing with which to support an indictment. He kicked it up the chain of command, and the Department off Justice affirmed his findings.

Comment

I think they should take away his retirement for his dereliction of duty and breaking his oath of office, at the very least.
                    I have no doubt that the golden parachute is affixed securely to his back.

Comment

...He was the freaking LEADER of the FBI and he couldn't even follow his own rules? ...
                      He is the textbook example of "I am ABOVE the law".
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                        I still think Comey letting Hillary off was his greater crime. From the document...

Comey's an obvious political hack that did what he did to serve is own biased ends, and if it had been anyone else the establishment didn't approve of, they would have been prosecuted. But putting that aside, the above just reeks of a federal criminal institutional desperately setting up legal barriers against whistleblowers intent on exposing this institution of its criminality and corruption, and they use "national security" as an excuse.
                        Comey got fired for not serving his own biased ends, for not swearing loyalty to the wannabe dictator, for not dismissing the case against General Flynn as Trump requested he do. But Comey, in my opinion, did the only thing he felt he could do in the situation he found himself in, and that was to let the public know what the President was up to. Had he handled it internally, it most probably would never have gotten Rod Rosenstein's desk, there would have been no special prosecutor, and Trump would be on his way to doing his puppet masters (Putin) bidding.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Comey got fired for not serving his own biased ends....
                          The report shows the firing was more than justified. Jail should be next.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Comment

One thing is for sure, if this guy got off scot free AGAIN, then it's nothing but sheer delusion of the highest order to assume anyone above him will take the fall in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                                One thing is for sure, if this guy got off scot free AGAIN, then it's nothing but sheer delusion of the highest order to assume anyone above him will take the fall in the future.
                                AND it sends a message to anybody below him "that's how we roll".

Comment