Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proclaims himself 'the chosen one' and tweets claims he is 'the messiah'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Rogue, that just isn't accurate at all.

Jim
    He has been repeatedly challenged by myself, OBP, Cow Poke and others to try to net nanny someone that he agrees with and as of yet still has never done so.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      He has been repeatedly challenged by myself, OBP, Cow Poke and others to try to net nanny someone that he agrees with and as of yet still has never done so.
      Whom do I agree with, generally? I disagree with all posters on different topics.

Anyway, Rogue. Your post is yet another post in a long line of posts focusing on the person and not the topic. And it seems to be a tendency in very many of your posts that you are not really concerned or focused on right or wrong but rather on the person. If Trump does something wrong it seems you are OK with it if Obama did the same or something worse. It seems that is where discussions ends on your part. Very often you don't get further than that. I think that is a shame since you I know that you know right or wrong does not depend on whether Obama did the same or not. I know you are too intelligent to think so, and yet, very often, I see you act as if you do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
        And before I get that far I will probably have to give a good reason why you whould care about my opionion about why you should care about his opinion and so on.

Some of the classic fallacies involve too much focus on the person instead of the message. The fact that you think you need "good reason" to not just go for a personal attack says quite a lot about your way of reasoning. And you have missed another chance to prove him wrong.
        This whole post looks like one big personal attack.

Just sayin'.
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Whom do I agree with, generally? I disagree with all posters on different topics.

Anyway, Rogue. Your post is yet another post in a long line of posts focusing on the person and not the topic. And it seems to be a tendency in very many of your posts that you are not really concerned or focused on right or wrong but rather on the person. If Trump does something wrong it seems you are OK with it if Obama did the same or something worse. It seems that is where discussions ends on your part. Very often you don't get further than that. I think that is a shame since you I know that you know right or wrong does not depend on whether Obama did the same or not. I know you are too intelligent to think so, and yet, very often, I see you act as if you do so.
          This one is all personal attack, too.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Why are you attacking Charles, you meanie!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Why are you attacking Charles, you meanie!
              I am not attacking Charles. I am making an observation about the posts in question.
              sigpic

Comment

I am not attacking Charles. I am making an observation about the posts in question.
                I was funnin'.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I fail to see why. I am dealing with what Rogue writes and tendencies in what he posts. I am not saying that there is no reason to read his posts or take him seriously because of who he is. I am taking him seriously and explaining why I disagree with him. It is absolutely correct that I point to the fact that he is very focused on the person and not the message. His posts regarding me show that quite clearly, and pointing that out is not a personal attack but pointing to what he does and explaining why I disagree.

Comment

I fail to see why. I am dealing with what Rogue writes and tendencies in what he posts. I am not saying that there is no reason to read his posts or take him seriously because of who he is. I am taking him seriously and explaining why I disagree with him. It is absolutely correct that I point to the fact that he is very focused on the person and not the message. His posts regarding me show that quite clearly, and pointing that out is not a personal attack but pointing to what he does and explaining why I disagree.
                    This post appears to be, like the others, very focused on the person and not the message. Quite clearly, even.
                    sigpic

Comment

This post appears to be, like the others, very focused on the person and not the message. Quite clearly, even.
                      Not really. You made the claim or "message" that what I wrote about Rogue was a personal attack. Explaining that it was not of course involves focusing on the person since that was the topic.

Comment

Even more about "the man" and not the subject. Even if what you say is true it is does not prove me wrong when I point to your ad hominems. Nor does it make them any better. It seems some of you are rather stuck with the idea that you can somehow get rid of the point by attacking the man. You have just provided a new example of that.

And your idea that I side with someone in here is a bit absurd. I disagree with most people and have discussed with most people. But anyway, even that is beside the point.

Why don't you just stay on topic and discuss the content instead?
                        Psst, he is on topic - y'all derailed a couple pages ago and the topic he's pursuing is your (supposed) unfair use of ad hominem accusations.

Helping!
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Not really. You made the claim or "message" that what I wrote about Rogue was a personal attack. Explaining that it was not of course involves focusing on the person since that was the topic.
                          crying.jpg

Comment

This whole post looks like one big personal attack.

Just sayin'.
                            You can't call a response to an attack 'an attack'. Charles is in a primarily defensive posture. If a person is attacked, they are allowed to fight back. The onus for the fight lies with the fellow that throws the first punch.

You guys have a very bad habit of complaining when someone you've started a fight with manages to land a punch as part of defending themselves.

Jim
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Rogue, the sad truth is a very large percentage of the posts by the regulars here to others they disagree with are at least in part attacks on the person making the post rather than counter points adressing the content of the actual post. Charles is not wrong to point it out, and this post is itself a good example of the trend.

Jim
                              Yes exactly. You would never find their hero, i.e. the man who said 'I am the Chosen One' and who sees himself as the messiah, making such personal attacks against anyone would you? Oh wait......

Comment

You can't call a response to an attack 'an attack'. Charles is in a primarily defensive posture. If a person is attacked, they are allowed to fight back. The onus for the fight lies with the fellow that throws the first punch.

You guys have a very bad habit of complaining when someone you've started a fight with manages to land a punch as part of defending themselves.

Jim
                                There you go again with the "you guys".

Comment