Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New movie has liberals hunting Trump supporters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Hey, I'm not as dumb as I look, Sparko. Everyone knows there are both liberals and conservatives in the 1%, It's just that rich conservatives tend to be greedy, sociopathic, Scrooge types.
    pinocchio giphy.gif

I don't suppose you have a cite for that? Try this one....

Whatever You May Think of Republicans, Don't Call Them 'Stingy'

You are stubbornly and foolishly increasing your wrong streak!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Hey, I'm not as dumb as I look, Sparko. Everyone knows there are both liberals and conservatives in the 1%, It's just that rich conservatives tend to be greedy, sociopathic, Scrooge types.
    I will just leave that there...

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post

You said that in response to me saying the movie was about elite LIBERALS. Your meaning was clear, you didn't think the 1% could be liberals.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Hmm, I considered that possibility, apparently I guessed wrong.
    You're quite good at being wrong. This continues your wrong streak.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    How dumb are you that subtlety always needs be pointed out to you. The above post doesn't say the 1% are all conservatives, it says the plaint that one of the 1% characters emits sounds like a conservative whine.
    Do you actually have a point?

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I was poking you, Jim - you had said "do you only see what you want to see, or what?"
    Hmm, I considered that possibility, apparently I guessed wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    How dumb are you that subtlety always needs be pointed out to you. The above post doesn't say the 1% are all conservatives, it says the plaint that one of the 1% characters emits sounds like a conservative whine.

You said that in response to me saying the movie was about elite LIBERALS. Your meaning was clear, you didn't think the 1% could be liberals.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I didn't.
    I was poking you, Jim - you had said "do you only see what you want to see, or what?"

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    ...and LIBERALS. Which you denied previously.

How dumb are you? You constantly sabotage your own posts. I can't tell if you are just a moron or a spoof trying to make liberals look bad.

Hollywood and California are filled to the brim with liberal 1-percenters.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    So, why did you say the 1% was ONLY CONSERVATIVES?
    I didn't.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I don't see Sanders paying off anyone's student loans with his money either.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    It's amazing how rich liberals say that the rich don't ever pay enough in taxes never seem to take advantage of this opportunity and pay what they think is their fair share. Instead they generally seek out every deduction that their lawyers can find so as to pay as little as possible.

Remember how Warren Buffet famously complained that he was paying a lower rate than his secretary[1]? Aside from obfuscating things by deliberately confusing tax rates on capital gains and income it turned out that Buffet has actually done everything possible to avoid paying taxes that he actually owes.

For instance, his own company, Berkshire Hathaway[2], is doing everything it can to avoid paying taxes and actually owes nearly a Billion dollars in back taxes dating back to 2002. Another one of his companies was involved in a 14-year fight with the IRS over a dividend-received deduction that was finally settled in 2005. And he is also deeply involved in the purchase of Tim Horton's by Burger King so that the latter can move its offices to Canada in order to pay far less in taxes.

Liberals are increasingly notorious for showing their generosity by giving away other people's money while holding tightly on to their own. And if they're a politician they cheerfully raise tax rates never intending to pay them (see Charlie Rangel, Tom Daschle and Timothy Geithner as a short list of examples).

1. It should be noted that his secretary's salary put her well into the one percenters herself.

2. Which Buffet is the principle shareholder (32.4%) of as well as its chairman, president and CEO.

EGGzackly

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    No, that's not what I said, I said that the 1% are both conservatives and liberals. What is it with you people, do you only see what you want to see, or what?
    ...and LIBERALS. Which you denied previously.
    it's talking about the 1%, the people, as one of the characters says, who pays for everything. Sounds more like the CONSERVATIVE whine to me.
    How dumb are you? You constantly sabotage your own posts. I can't tell if you are just a moron or a spoof trying to make liberals look bad.

Hollywood and California are filled to the brim with liberal 1-percenters.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    There is nothing wrong with complaining about the 1% when you are in that category yourself. Actually it's rather admirable, and most of them that do, like Michael Moore, tend to be Liberals.
    Name one that has volunteered their wealth to be redistributed in such a way that they are no longer a member of the 1%?

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Except, of course, that they could VOLUNTARILY give 90% of their own salaries, but they want laws forcing them to give. (Remember that little conversation, JimmyPoo?)
    It's amazing how rich liberals say that the rich don't ever pay enough in taxes never seem to take advantage of this opportunity and pay what they think is their fair share. Instead they generally seek out every deduction that their lawyers can find so as to pay as little as possible.

Remember how Warren Buffet famously complained that he was paying a lower rate than his secretary[1]? Aside from obfuscating things by deliberately confusing tax rates on capital gains and income it turned out that Buffet has actually done everything possible to avoid paying taxes that he actually owes.

For instance, his own company, Berkshire Hathaway[2], is doing everything it can to avoid paying taxes and actually owes nearly a Billion dollars in back taxes dating back to 2002. Another one of his companies was involved in a 14-year fight with the IRS over a dividend-received deduction that was finally settled in 2005. And he is also deeply involved in the purchase of Tim Horton's by Burger King so that the latter can move its offices to Canada in order to pay far less in taxes.

Liberals are increasingly notorious for showing their generosity by giving away other people's money while holding tightly on to their own. And if they're a politician they cheerfully raise tax rates never intending to pay them (see Charlie Rangel, Tom Daschle and Timothy Geithner as a short list of examples).

1. It should be noted that his secretary's salary put her well into the one percenters herself.

2. Which Buffet is the principle shareholder (32.4%) of as well as its chairman, president and CEO.

Leave a comment: