Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another Racist Tweet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and I forgot to add the most important one. Trump rose to national political importance by trying to delegitimize the first black president, by in effect accusing him of the greatest political hoax the world has ever seen. Then he demanded to see Obama's transcripts, the implication being that Trump couldn't believe that a black guy could be smart enough to go to Harvard legimitimately. (Where are Trump's transcripts, BTW?)

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      No, it was the point you SHOULD have made.
      OK, so that's why you wrote. "On that we agree"?

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        This could be interesting. Guess where the upcoming House GOP retreat is scheduled to be?

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...-trump-attacks

FYI: It's not in Cummings' district. But it is funny.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          That would be the Don Lemon who seriously asked whether or not a lost jetliner could have been swallowed by a black hole?
          Don Lemon is dumber than Steve Doocy? Really? Or a half dozen other numb nuts at FN? But they all like Trump. The only criterion Trump has or has ever had or will ever have for judging intelligence or moral or personal worth (other than wealth).

Comment

I had read claims that it didn't, and when I did look it up to verify, maybe I was confused with St. Louis, which differentiates between St. Louis City and St. Louis County (St. Louis County being an affluent suburban area). I don't know. I feel bad, truthfully.
            Don't. Making mistakes is normal - you should only feel bad if you won't own up to them once you know you made them. I didn't even bother to double check until Adrift said something because you are usually good about getting your facts straight. Is. Not. A. Problem.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
              Don Lemon is dumber than Steve Doocy? Really? Or a half dozen other numb nuts at FN? But they all like Trump. The only criterion Trump has or has ever had or will ever have for judging intelligence or moral or personal worth (other than wealth).
              Actually, I don't worry about how smart other people are - just how good their argument is. But if you are going to take up for someone's intelligence, it helps to know that they really are as smart as you think - or why, exactly people think they aren't smart.

But mostly, it was funny. Anyone can have a bad day.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

You seemed to be posing it as a deflection in response to my earlier post, yes?
                Deflection? No. It was an observation.
                Yes, I agree. I don't think it can be absolutely proved absent an outright admission to that effect. I do think we can observe a pattern of statements that make it less likely to read every subsequent statement in the most charitable light possible.
                I find it fascinating that no one, no one, called out Trump as racist before he threw his hat into the ring. I think that the "pattern" you're talking about is a consistent attempt to read his statements from that point in the least charitable light possible. I'm not trying to read his statements in the most charitable light possible, by the way. I'm making a general observation about his way of speaking - that is, generally sloppy enough to be construed badly, but more or less on target for all that. I have consistently not been a fan of Trump's method of communication. I have equally consistently not been a fan of how the left/never Trumpers in general have construed them.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
                  OK, so that's why you wrote. "On that we agree"?
                  Pretty dishonest of you to eliminate what I was "agreeing" to, rather tongue-in-cheek...

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  OK, so there's a whole lot of nutty false accusation of racism going around -- on THAT we agree!
                  THAT is on what I wrote "we agree".
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's not merely that it's criticism. Let's not pretend there aren't other historical associations with rats/vermin, the specific language he used.
                    Unless this is some strained obtuse allusion to the "black" plague, I am honestly unfamiliar with any relevant "historical association."
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                      Unless this is some strained obtuse allusion to the "black" plague, I am honestly unfamiliar with any relevant "historical association."
                      The only one I can think of is the anti-Semite version. I'm from the South and I don't know what he's referring to, either.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                        They also believed it was hypocritical to pretend that you were someone else, even while acting.
                        So the early Xians were wack-jobs.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                          So the early Xians were wack-jobs.
                          Not ALL of them!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
                            Oh, and I forgot to add the most important one. Trump rose to national political importance by trying to delegitimize the first black president, by in effect accusing him of the greatest political hoax the world has ever seen.
                            Of course it's well known that Trump did not originate Birtherism, even if he did jump on the bandwagon with a full orchestra in tow. And it never was about "race," it was about American values, and the strategy was promulgated by Hilary advisor Mark Penn (who remains a Democrat, but now frequently appears on FNC as a token "sane" Dem., sort of like Doug Schoen).

Then he demanded to see Obama's transcripts, the implication being that Trump couldn't believe that a black guy could be smart enough to go to Harvard legimitimately.
                            No, the implication is that, while "clean" and "articulate" (thanks, Crazy Uncle Joe), Barry came across as way too dumb to really be a Constitutional scholar.

(Where are Trump's transcripts, BTW?)
                            I'm actually with you on this one. With all his "very low IQ person" comments, I'd like to see verifiable documentation of Bad Orange Man's scores.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/122708...racism-history

Trump has a long-standing pattern of such behavior. It's being said for the 474th time maybe because he's saying or doing it for the 474th time. If he's not a racist himself, he's at least manipulating the racism of some of his followers for what he believes to be his advantage.
                              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Right! And the four Congresswomen were Dems who all happened to be women and minorities but pay no attention to that, and Cummings is black, but that's immaterial, and the "infestation" at the border is due to brown people, but that's irrelevant, and the Central Park Five, whose innocence were established from DNA evidence and Trump continued to call for their EXECUTION WITHOUT DUE PROCESS had nothing to do with the fact that all five were black, and the fact that Trump and Trump Sr. were sued for housing discrimination against black people was immaterial, and the fact that Trump called Maxine Waters and LeBron James "extremely low IQ individuals" had nothing to do with their race, nor did the fact that Trump called Don Lemon "the dumbest man on TV" have anything to do with his race. These are al isolated, unrelated instances.

If you don't see a pattern here, it's because you don't want to see it. There are none so blind as those who will not see.
                                Completely agree.

Comment