Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another Racist Tweet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
    What if Obama had said the same things about white people? Imagine him rage tweeting against Republican Congressmen from poor white districts in Appalachia, saying, "Look at how squalid and disgusting these places are! No human being would want to live there!" Heads on the right would explode!
    You mean like, "It's not surprising then they* get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

* "They" meaning white rural Americans.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

He's insulted scores of people but not in the same way. His insults towards black and brown people all fit a remarkably similar pattern. He demanded to see Obama's transcripts, meaning he doubted Obama was smart enough to have gone to Harvard. He implied that Obama stole the presidency and perpetrated the greatest fraud in history. He and his father were sued for discriminatory housing practices against blacks. Just in the last few days he's issued the same exact tweets all against people of color: the 4 Congresswomen, John Lewis, and now Cummings. If you don't see it, you're a mark.

What if Obama had said the same things about white people? Imagine him rage tweeting against Republican Congressmen from poor white districts in Appalachia, saying, "Look at how squalid and disgusting these places are! No human being would want to live there!" Heads on the right would explode!
      Except, they didn't - Fox News did a 'man on the street' thing in Baltimore and very few were upset with Trump. Many were 'yeah, so?'. Baltimore hasn't erupted in riots - there's been next to no real turmoil coming out of Baltimore - or other similar urban areas.

MM already got this but he's right - Obama DID say something like that about white people - and not just the once, as I recall.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Except, they didn't - Fox News did a 'man on the street' thing in Baltimore and very few were upset with Trump. Many were 'yeah, so?'. Baltimore hasn't erupted in riots - there's been next to no real turmoil coming out of Baltimore - or other similar urban areas.

MM already got this but he's right - Obama DID say something like that about white people - and not just the once, as I recall.
        Remember this moron Mayor, explaining that they gave the protestors "space to destroy"?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Remember this moron Mayor, explaining that they gave the protestors "space to destroy"?

No, hadn't seen that - wow!
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I used to love their wafers.
            *snort!* *spit-take*

Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

He's insulted scores of people but not in the same way. His insults towards black and brown people all fit a remarkably similar pattern. He demanded to see Obama's transcripts, meaning he doubted Obama was smart enough to have gone to Harvard. He implied that Obama stole the presidency and perpetrated the greatest fraud in history. He and his father were sued for discriminatory housing practices against blacks. Just in the last few days he's issued the same exact tweets all against people of color: the 4 Congresswomen, John Lewis, and now Cummings. If you don't see it, you're a mark.

Well Obama is one responsible for a lot of that squalor in Appalachia because he did his best to shut down the coal mines and put everyone out of a job, so your example is kind of a bad one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Well Obama is one responsible for a lot of that squalor in Appalachia because he did his best to shut down the coal mines and put everyone out of a job, so your example is kind of a bad one.
                Actually, there have been more coal mine closings in Trump first two years than there were in Obama's entire first term. It's called "market forces". Trump, if you haven't noticed by now, is a con man who will tell you what you want to hear to get your vote, but all the while he has no clue.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Actually, there have been more coal mine closings in Trump first two years than there were in Obama's entire first term. It's called "market forces". Trump, if you haven't noticed by now, is a con man who will tell you what you want to hear to get your vote, but all the while he has no clue.
                  https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/08/coal...mps-watch.html
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Natural gas is going to kill a lot of the coal industry.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• That doesn't refute what I said, Bill. More coal mines have closed under Trump in his first 2 years in office than in Obama's entire first term. The die has been cast, coal has got to go, and the miners know it.

Comment

That doesn't refute what I said, Bill. More coal mines have closed under Trump in his first 2 years in office than in Obama's entire first term. The die has been cast, coal has got to go, and the miners know it.
                        And it has nothing to do with Trump. He promised to keep people employed, which he is doing according to the BLS stats.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Got any sources for that?

Comment

Got any sources for that?
                            Source? You're asking Jimmy for a SOURCE?!?!?!

Here -- our trusted friends at CNN - More coal-fired power plants have closed under Trump than in Obama's first term

Natural gas is causing them to be less viable.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Source? You're asking Jimmy for a SOURCE?!?!?!

Here -- our trusted friends at CNN - More coal-fired power plants have closed under Trump than in Obama's first term

Natural gas is causing them to be less viable.
                              That's power plants not coal mines.

Didn't Trump do some sort of deal to sell a lot of coal to China?
                              Last edited by Sparko; 07-31-2019, 09:11 AM.

Comment

That's power plants not coal mines.
                                I'm just giving you what I think Jimmy was parroting from. It would stand to reason, however, that if power plants are shutting down, coal mines slow down, as well.

I don't pretend to know much about the coal business - are we still mining to export?

Comment