Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Supreme Court: The Wall Can Go Foward...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Charles you are never right. And we can not, nor should we, take the whole third world in. We have our own poor - they should be our priority.
    Look at our homeless vet problem. The left ignores them while fawning over criminals trying to break into our country even to the point of announcing they want to give them free health care.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Zero View Post
      An immature child acts in the way that many on the so-called right, do. Children make a mess, the adults notices that you're making the playground messy, they ask you to take responsibility for the mess you've made, but the child refuses to acknowledge it was them that made the mess, that it's their responsibility to clean it up - pointing to others to blame, throwing a temper tantrum or just lying.

You have made a mess. Own up to it, take responsibility for your action and be a man instead of immature children that are destroying the place in which we all live.

All I'm going to hear is the crying of a snowflake that can't handle that their actions might actually be a problem - it's not me me me whaa cry - while being a polluting freeloader destroying life with their craven head in the sand.

But but "conservative" media said...

Grow a pair.
      Speaking of immature children, the only one I see throwing a temper tantrum is you.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Charles you are never right. And we can not, nor should we, take the whole third world in. We have our own poor - they should be our priority.
        So, here we get both an ad hominem and a straw man. If you want a real discussion, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Child View Post
          Speaking of immature children, the only one I see throwing a temper tantrum is you.
          Clever child. This isn't here for you - you're incurable at this stage, people that believe in conspiracy theories tend to be beyond help. This is to show others what "conservatism" has become.

Comment

Clever child. This isn't here for you - you're incurable at this stage, people that believe in conspiracy theories tend to be beyond help. This is to show others what "conservatism" has become.
            Right... meanwhile, you're wishing people to hell, which is about as evil as it gets. I think the log in your eye is beginning to fester.

Comment

Originally posted by Child View Post
              Right... meanwhile, you're wishing people to hell, which is about as evil as it gets. I think the log in your eye is beginning to fester.
              Really, as evil as it gets? I don't think so. I wish that you get what you deserve for your evil. I think as evil as it gets is destroying the world, it isn't yours, and creating misery outside your borders, so that you can live in "luxury". It's pathetic. You and your nation have been responsible (you're not the only ones true), and continues to be responsible, for untold harms. You do not even recognise that. That is evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                I'll take care of the splinter in my eye if you take care of the log in your own.
                It seems to me that you are contradicting the point in what was actually said:

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? https://biblehub.com/matthew/7-3.htm
                I fail to see how you can use this verse to justify judgment on others. The point appears to be the complete opposite. We should all start with ourselves. I would like to hear your explanation as to how you can actually justify your use of the verse as you use it above.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Look at our homeless vet problem. The left ignores them while fawning over criminals trying to break into our country even to the point of announcing they want to give them free health care.
                  So by "The left" you mean to include all? And what about those of us who are not on "the left"? And you mean to imply that "The left" only cares about "criminals" and not about those in need, those who are desperate, those who are looking for a future and security. Identifying all of them as "criminals" is dehumanizing them. Every criminal is so much more than a criminal.

Comment

Really, as evil as it gets? I don't think so. I wish that you get what you deserve for your evil. I think as evil as it gets is destroying the world, it isn't yours, and creating misery outside your borders, so that you can live in "luxury". It's pathetic. You and your nation have been responsible (you're not the only ones true), and continues to be responsible, for untold harms. You do not even recognise that. That is evil.
                    What's pathetic is you trying to judge me when you don't even know anything about me. All you know is that we disagree on a certain political point, and for that you wish me condemned to hell? It really doesn't get more vile than that. Judge not, lest you be judged in the same manner

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                      So, here we get both an ad hominem and a straw man. If you want a real discussion, let me know.
                      Charles, could you please STOP already with all the ad hominem crap? Perhaps you're too delicate a little snowflake to be posting here. Sheeeeeesh....

...Once again your ad hominem strategy failed.
                      So by an ad hominem you try to avoid the issue....
                      So another ad hominem.
                      There is no hypocrisy to ignore. You are all so eager to go for the ad hominem.
                      ...But it seems it is just another ad hominem escape for you....
                      The ad hominem gets you exactly nowhere.
                      ...Or was it all ad hominem and the genetic fallacy?
                      ... of going for the ad hominem.
                      ...It is still not much better than the ad hominem you began with. ...
                      So, here we get both an ad hominem and a straw man...
                      ...It is ad hominem.....
                      Ad hominem...
                      And, yeah, I know --- you're gonna cry about this being yet another ad hominem.

Grow up and put on your big boy pants, if ya got any.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Charles, could you please STOP already with all the ad hominem crap? Perhaps you're too delicate a little snowflake to be posting here. Sheeeeeesh....

And, yeah, I know --- you're gonna cry about this being yet another ad hominem.

Grow up and put on your big boy pants, if ya got any.
                        If you could show I was wrong it would be interesting. Or are you seriously suggesting that using ad hominems is the way to go for grown ups?

Comment

What's pathetic is you trying to judge me when you don't even know anything about me. All you know is that we disagree on a certain political point, and for that you wish me condemned to hell? It really doesn't get more vile than that. Judge not, lest you be judged in the same manner
                          I know enough about you from the comments and 'discussion' we've had. If your actions and that of your bald faced liar in Chief weren't condemning the world to hell, I wouldn't give Edited by a Moderator
                          Last edited by Cow Poke; 07-27-2019, 05:32 PM.

Comment

If you could show I was wrong it would be interesting. Or are you seriously suggesting that using ad hominems is the way to go for grown ups?
                            First off, you haven't shown ANY true ad hominems. An ad hominem is a fallacy because the conclusion is based on some trait of the arguer and not the merit of the argument. Merely name calling ISN'T and ad hominem - it's just name calling. You can call it an 'ad hominem attack' but that's just a overly wordy way to say 'name calling'. It's dumb.

Second, some of them weren't even name calling. They simply pointed out something you were doing in a way you didn't like.

If you're going to use the big words, make sure you know what they mean and how to use them, 'k?
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I know enough about you from the comments and 'discussion' we've had. If your actions and that of your bald faced liar in Chief weren't condemning the world to hell, I wouldn't give Edited by a Moderator about you. However, your 'hoax' claims are just straight up false at this stage. If you are wrong, which is so extremely likely that it isn't politics anymore, then you will do untold harm to the world and life on it. And for what, so you can live in your sad little lives of greed and self-interest motivated existence. It's not even a Christian motivation. Unbelievable.
                              I will simply say this: Your every assumption about me is wrong.
                              Last edited by Cow Poke; 07-27-2019, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zara View Post
                                I know enough about you from the comments and 'discussion' we've had. If your actions and that of your bald faced liar in Chief weren't condemning the world to hell, I wouldn't give Edited by a Moderator

Zara, you're just being hateful - have been for three pages now. If you don't want to argue the case with MM then don't - but knock off the 'holier than thou' routine - no one is buying it, probably not even you.
                                Last edited by Cow Poke; 07-27-2019, 05:33 PM.
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment