Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump�s North Korea Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    You honestly believe that?
    North Korea has not denuclearized. And they are still producing plutonium. And we still can't get nuclear inspectors there. Not to the reactors at least. Bomb test sites? Sure. Get the whole world to see that they actually blew up a Trinity style implosion based nuclear device. But access to their nuclear reactors? Not a chance. About the only thing I can see that's really changed is that Trump has stopped supporting South Korea. They haven't disassembled their processing plants, and put out the parts for satellite photos like Iraq was forced to do.
    Last edited by Leonhard; 07-03-2019, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      North Korea has not denuclearized. And they are still producing plutonium. And we still can't get nuclear inspectors there. Not to the reactors at least. Bomb test sites? Sure. Get the whole world to see that they actually blew up a Trinity style implosion based nuclear device. But access to their nuclear reactors? Not a chance. About the only thing I can see that's really changed is that Trump has stopped supporting South Korea. They haven't disassembled their processing plants, and put out the parts for satellite photos like Iraq was forced to do.
      I never claimed they "denuclearized"

And how has Trump stopped supporting South Korea?

Comment

I never claimed they "denuclearized"
        Yeah but you asked "You honestly believe that?", to my post which began with that.

And how has Trump stopped supporting South Korea?
        The US had ever since the Clinton administration done readiness exercises with South Korea. Trump pulled out of that to save millions of dollars.

Honestly, aside from talks of meetings, photo ops, and Trump being chummy with Kim Jong Un, I can't see what else has actually changed.

Comment

Yeah but you asked "You honestly believe that?", to my post which began with that.
          I was referring to:

And basically aside from some photo ops and a few sitdown meetings, nothing has changed?

Comment

I was referring to:
            And basically aside from some photo ops and a few sitdown meetings, nothing has changed?
            Well, can you give me an example of something which isn't just meetings, photo ops, and pictures of Trump and Kim Jong Un together. What's really changed of any significance?

Comment

Well, can you give me an example of something which isn't just meetings, photo ops, and pictures of Trump and Kim Jong Un together. What's really changed of any significance?
              http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post646410

Comment

Except they're still doing test fires of short range missiles.

Comment

Despite the fact that North Korea hasn't denuclearized. Are still operating plutonium producing reactors. And basically aside from some photo ops and a few sitdown meetings, nothing has changed?
                  Only if you want to ignore the cessation of nuclear testing, test launches of long range missiles, and firing missiles over Japan or at Guam. And then there's the easing of tensions between North and South Korea, the return of the bodies of a number of U.S. servicemen who died during the Korean War and the sharp reduction in the virulent anti-American propaganda within the country.

Yup. Nothing changed.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Never part of any agreement for them to do otherwise.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Only if you want to ignore the cessation of nuclear testing,
                      They've been testing nukes with a few years of pause, and achieved a high yield nuclear explosive device in 2017. They've had pauses lasting years. I see no reason to believe they've stopped their nuclear weapons program at all.

test launches of long range missiles,
                      I like that qualifier. Makes it sound like they've stopped testing Russian Iskander based missiles with ranges in the 400-500mi range (likely more considering that North Korea's are larger).

and firing missiles over Japan or at Guam.
                      That coincides entirely with the pause in firing long-range missiles, so its incidental, and not significant.

Comment

He is getting Kim to stop shooting missiles at Japan, stopping nuclear testing, sitting down with South Korea and negotiating the end of the Korean war and allowing south Koreans to visit relatives in North Korea.

A hell of a lot more than any other President has accomplished with North Korea.
                        There's a bigger picture that people seem unaware of: China has been using N.Korea as a club. Trump is dismantling China's economy with tariffs and taking away their ability to intimidate other nations.

If Obama had accomplished even half of what Trump has, liberals would be clamoring to rename the peace prize after him.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

They've been testing nukes with a few years of pause, and achieved a high yield nuclear explosive device in 2017. They've had pauses lasting years. I see no reason to believe they've stopped their nuclear weapons program at all.

I like that qualifier. Makes it sound like they've stopped testing Russian Iskander based missiles with ranges in the 400-500mi range (likely more considering that North Korea's are larger).

That coincides entirely with the pause in firing long-range missiles, so its incidental, and not significant.
                          I am going by what has happened not what you imagine will happen. Your objection is "I don't believe it" -- that's your problem and it not a valid objection to what Trump has accomplished and the results we can see.

Comment

I responded to the list with a few historical facts here, if it's of any interest. I tend to agree with you - I don't see a lot has changed, and what HAS changed doesn't appear to be something Trump is responsible for - though he does love to take credit.
                            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

It seems strange that some folks here demand major concessions and results after their meeting a couple times. Of course any changes will be small at first but the fact that cannot be denied is that small, but significant changes have taken place.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                It seems strange that some folks here demand major concessions and results after their meeting a couple times. Of course any changes will be small at first but the fact that cannot be denied is that small, but significant changes have taken place.
                                You should say that it can't be reasonably denied, because as you can see, there are a lot of liberals who will unreasonably deny anything they think makes Trump look good.

Of course if Obama had accomplished even half of what Trump has, liberals would be calling him presidential, statesman, a master of diplomacy, and many other honorifics.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment