Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another Credible Rape Claim Against Trump....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    it's there assessment of the situation.
    *their

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    It seemed that the majority of posters assumed something might of happened at a party she attended sometime during college but there was scant evidence to show that Kavanaugh was in any way involved.
    While I'm on a roll, I think you're looking for the contraction for "might have" which is "might've." It's an incredibly common grammar mistake on the internet. I once saw a guy argue that the use of "of" instead of the contraction was probably a regional thing, because everyone in his area used "of."

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
      *their
      Damn! I missed that one!
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        *their
        Well, I'll be dipped in schellac!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Well, I'll be dipped in schellac!
          You mean you aren't already? I thought that's how you were being preserved...
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
            I don't really see anyone here who does that.

Note how you're using loaded language: "...vehemently and without any sort of shame..." to describe the posting of people who disagree with you. Loaded language like that shows that you are not being objective (you've already decided how everyone should view something Trump does), and that you are not interested in helping people find the truth, but rather in attempting to coerce them into agreement. Note also that you're assuming that they reach the same conclusions as you about Trump's actions and policies.

Your statement makes little sense if they don't see Trump's policies as "despicable" (more loaded language). Why would anyone feel shame for defending a President's policies if they agree with those policies? Why would, why should, they be ashamed to disagree with you about the facts of the matter on something Trump has been accused of saying / doing?

You use language that assumes that which you have yet to prove (in a particular case). You are attacking someone before the facts of the matter have been agreed on, often before they have even been discussed. If someone agreed with you (say) that Trump asked for foreign help, and promised not to contact the FBI , and said that they didn't care at all about that, then you could reasonably suggest to them that there was something wrong with their moral sense. But when the facts of the case are still unclear, if you attack their moral sense that reduces your credibility and shuts off productive dialogue.
            I would add that we see the Democrats as making up stuff to blame Trump for, or taking things way out of context in order to paint him in the worst light possible. I understand that Ox agrees with their assessment, but we don't, so it is not a case of agreeing with the "despicable" things Trump is doing, but disagreeing that he is even doing them, at least in the way he is being characterized by the left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              I would add that we see the Democrats as making up stuff to blame Trump for, or taking things way out of context in order to paint him in the worst light possible. I understand that Ox agrees with their assessment, but we don't, so it is not a case of agreeing with the "despicable" things Trump is doing, but disagreeing that he is even doing them, at least in the way he is being characterized by the left.
              So, for the record, I'm against any despicable things Trump does, but I'm also against the false allegations.

Clarence
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by myth View Post

-After the encounter, we learn she had a phone in her purse. She uses that phone to call her friend, and when she does, she's laughing. She tells her friend all about it while laughing, and her friend has to convince her she's been raped.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  The fact that you work in an environment "pretty evenly split between liberal and conservative" likely meant that at least a couple people were aware of some of the problems with Ford's story. In contrast, a friend of mine's wife, who works at Emory University and is surrounded by liberals was shocked to hear how weak the case was and went online to check it out because she couldn't believe that if there were problems like that it wasn't being discussed by the network evening news shows she watched or mentioned by her friends at work.
                  Ideological echo chambers are dangerous no matter what ideology you belong to.

Comment

• Credibility as solid as the rock of gall bladder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        We went through all this before. Most of that list is drivel manufactured to destroy this woman, and I explained why in the thread. And right now I'm wishing I'd not put it in the list simply because you guys just can't resist the opportunity to attack her again. So just because I dont want to watch your cruelty again, i'm taking it of the list. The rest is fair game.

Jim
                        carpe, did you hijack Jim's account? All that's missing from this fact-free hand waving away of anything that doesn't fit your narrative is the claim that it's a right wing meme.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          A good example of that was Trump's recent meeting with the little gargoyle in charge of North Korea. The MSM was tripping over themselves deriding it accusing Trump of "cozying up" to a dictator[1]. This was courageous and something to be admired and applauded when their Obamessiah was doing it but something to be mocked and ridiculed when Trump does it.

1. That term was repeated so often one would think it was part of a memo that got circulated calling for the expression to be used. Anywho... Many of those complaining were having virtual orgasms when Obama went to Cuba to meet Castro and applauding Obama's sending pallets of cash to the rulers of Iran. And who wants to bet that a substantial number of these critics also own a Che Guevara poster or T-shirt?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

A good example of that was Trump's recent meeting with the little gargoyle in charge of North Korea. The MSM was tripping over themselves deriding it accusing Trump of "cozying up" to a dictator[1]. This was courageous and something to be admired and applauded when their Obamessiah was doing it but something to be mocked and ridiculed when Trump does it.
                            And just before that, when NK was shooting off missiles and Trump threatened Kim Jong Un with retaliation, they were complaining that he was trying to start a war and being too mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                              Indeed. Which is why I make a point of watching CNN and MSNBC (the channel an official from the Obama Administration admitted that they "loved") and read the Washington Post and New York Times (when I can get around their paywalls).

One should hear for yourself what the "other side" is actually saying rather than just snippets provided by folks you agree with.

Comment

Indeed. Which is why I make a point of watching CNN and MSNBC (the channel an official from the Obama Administration admitted that they "loved") and read the Washington Post and New York Times (when I can get around their paywalls).

One should hear for yourself what the "other side" is actually saying rather than just snippets provided by folks you agree with.
                                Like Jimbolina who gets his views from https://talkingpointsmemo.com/

Comment