Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A good follow up article for the sri-lankan bombing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good follow up article for the sri-lankan bombing

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/04/asia/...ntl/index.html

There has been a lot said about how biased the msm has been in their coverage of the new zealand mosque bombings. Much of this was said before the sri-lankan easter bombing and I noticed this story today. And I also notice a large number of follow-up stories focussing on the radicalization of the islamic bombers and the tragedy of those killed by the bombers.

I dont see the accusations as having merit at this point. The msm, at least as that includes CNN, have given a significant amount of coverage to the sri lankan event. I dont notice it being inferior in any meaningful way to the new zealand mosque bombing coverage.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-05-2019, 11:04 AM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

My general impression is that the tone of the reporting was not nearly as shrill and accusatory, more of a "just the facts" accounting, which is how it should be but so rarely is.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      My general impression is that the tone of the reporting was not nearly as shrill and accusatory, more of a "just the facts" accounting, which is how it should be but so rarely is.
      For clarification: Not nearly as shrill in this report as opposed to in new zealand reports?

Do you happen to have examples in mind where we could compare? This report of course is 2 weeks after, and so it is keeping the topic alive but would need to be compared to articles written in a similar timeframe after NZ and with a similar focus.

While you're looking i'll see what i can find as well that might be consistent with or contrary to your impression.

Jim
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-05-2019, 03:19 PM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Like I said, it's just a general impression, and I readily concede that it could be a product of my own confirmation bias.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment