Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Synagogue Shooting in Poway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    For the most part, no (Hyde amendment). But what is done in the US is a moot point because biblically speaking we have to pay taxes to our own country, no matter what. But it doesn't say we have to pay money to other countries, so I remain opposed to subsidizing Israel's abortions.
    I'm happy for you that you are, so far, not under the burden of paying for abortions with your tax dollars. I do wonder what will happen when that day comes, however. And I am not so naive as to think that it won't.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man
      I can always count on you to miss (ignore) the details. If you will reread my post you will notice that i did not accuse trump of necessarily supporting neo bazis or white supremicists. I was speaking of the effect of insisting there were 'good people' there or insisting the event itself was about general lee vs its actual purpose, which was a bald, in your face, declaration of WS ideologies.

By continuing to ignore the truth and support the back story, he encourages WS an neo-nazis. And he is doing that on purpose perhaps because he's too stupid to understand the consequences of his actions, or he just wants to stick it to the media that has called him out on it and just doesn't care about the consequence, or its even possible he secretly supports at least some of their thoughts.

No matter why he does it, it is irresponsible and it encourages them, which was the point of my post.

Jim
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-28-2019, 11:13 PM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Good thing Trump never did that even though some have deliberately lied and misled others into believing otherwise.
        When he publicly characterizes charlottesville as he does, he most certainly does 'do that' (lend support to neo-Nazis and White Supremacists). That is the point of my post.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          When he publicly characterizes charlottesville as he does, he most certainly does 'do that' (lend support to neo-Nazis and White Supremacists). That is the point of my post.

Jim
          Trump made a point of excluding the neo-Nazis from those he said were good people on both sides. This is what many of the reports about what he said deliberately dishonest. It is no different than when he was clearly talking about MS-13 when he said they were animals and it was falsely reported that he was talking about immigrants or illegal immigrants in general.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
            I can always count on you to miss (ignore) the details. If you will reread my post you will notice that i did not accuse trump of necessarily supporting neo bazis or white supremicists. I was speaking of the effect of insisting there were 'good people' there or insisting the event itself was about general lee vs its actual purpose, which was a bald, in your face, declaration of WS ideologies.

By continuing to ignore the truth and support the back story, he encourages WS an neo-nazis. And he is doing that on purpose perhaps because he's too stupid to understand the consequences of his actions, or he just wants to stick it to the media that has called him out on it and just doesn't care about the consequence, or its even possible he secretly supports at least some of their thoughts.

No matter why he does it, it is irresponsible and it encourages them, which was the point of my post.

Jim
            Right... I keep forgetting you're a paranoid conspiracy theory nutter who goes miles out of your way to avoid giving Trump the benefit of the doubt, and who studiously refuses to regard his words and actions in a charitable light.

Like I said, even CNN of all places had debunked these lies, and yet here you are continuing to promote them. So what does that make you?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Trump made a point of excluding the neo-Nazis from those he said were good people on both sides. This is what many of the reports about what he said deliberately dishonest. It is no different than when he was clearly talking about MS-13 when he said they were animals and it was falsely reported that he was talking about immigrants or illegal immigrants in general.
              When you hate Trump, it's easy to take his words in the absolute worst light possible.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                When you hate Trump, it's easy to take his words in the absolute worst light possible.
                Oddly enough, one of the things that both synagogue attackers have in common is that they hate Trump. I can't post the article because of prolific profanity.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Right... I keep forgetting you're a paranoid conspiracy theory nutter who goes miles out of your way to avoid giving Trump the benefit of the doubt, and who studiously refuses to regard his words and actions in a charitable light.

Like I said, even CNN of all places had debunked these lies, and yet here you are continuing to promote them. So what does that make you?
                  Right - yet CNN is holding Trump accountable for his comments on Charlottesville - so clearly their 'debunking' is not related to what I'm posting.

You're off in your own little weeds MM in that you can't even read my posts and understand the points made. Maybe you should try reading what I actually say instead of running it through your 'He's a trump hater so he has nothing worthwhile to say' bias filter first.

Honestly, you are so screwed up in the head right now you can't comprehend even one point I make. It's like talking to someone high on some hallucinogenic drug. Is the sky green and purple today?

Jim

Comment

Right - yet CNN is holding Trump accountable for his comments on Charlottesville - so clearly their 'debunking' is not related to what I'm posting.

You're off in your own little weeds MM in that you can't even read my posts and understand the points made. Maybe you should try reading what I actually say instead of running it through your 'He's a trump hater so he has nothing worthwhile to say' bias filter first.

Honestly, you are so screwed up in the head right now you can't comprehend even one point I make. It's like talking to someone high on some hallucinogenic drug. Is the sky green and purple today?

Jim
                    This was a totally rational and thoughtful post.

Comment

Trump has yet to firmly and repeatedly stand against what happened in Charlottesville, he just keeps trying to excuse it by saying their might have been people there to support something semi-legit. So lets assume some minority of the people there watching the neo-Nazis and White supremicisst burn torches and chant anti-semitic hate speech had some semblance of a southern cultural preservation motive. What the heck are they doing standing on the sidelines watching all that go down? Who in his right mind can participate in any event where large crowds of people are behaving in that way that does not also have some draw, some internal acceptance of it?

And are you along with MM also incapable of understanding that not taking a clear stand against those events and that focusing on some nebulous 'good' reason some small percentage of the people might have been there feeds into the neo-Nazi and white supremacists rhetoric, and that as President he should not be feeding that particular demon?

Jim
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-29-2019, 11:16 AM.

Comment

This was a totally rational and thoughtful post.
                        Are you also incapable of seeing that that not taking a clear stand against those events and that focusing on some nebulous 'good' reason some small percentage of the people might have been there feeds into the neo-Nazi and white supremacists rhetoric, and that as President he should not be feeding that particular demon?

There is nothing 'irrational' happening here except that MM refuses to acknowledge the rational points I'm making and keeps gaslighting them. And you guys are supporting him. Please go back and read the points I'm making and read what they actually say, not how MM has (mis)interpreted them.

Jim

Comment

Are you also incapable of seeing...
                          You've allowed Trump to steal your joy, Jim.

Comment

Right!
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Gaslighting again. I guess it's a group thing.

Jim

Comment

Gaslighting again. I guess it's a group thing.

Jim
                                Just observing, Jim. Call it whatever goofy name you want.

Comment